ADVERTISEMENT

#100pagesnatty Thread 11/08/18 #63pagesnattynumber1 #106pagesnattynumber2

No offense to WT, but he doesn't need to be Head Coach & Offensive Coordinator.

It can work if you’ve got the right underling and it didn’t seem like Walt Bell was the right fit.

It’s honestly tough to tell with how incredibly terrible our OLine was this past year. According to Corey Clark out of 837 OL who played 20% of the snaps or more FSU players were ranked : 837, 832, 791, 709, 537, 536, 449. And If Abdul Bello had played a few more snaps, he would've qualified as well -- and been ranked No. 836.

So when you have literally the worst OL in college football and honestly the worst I’ve seen anywhere at anytime not just FSU...it’s tough to grade if Taggart’s scheme or playcalling is effective. You can try to mitigate the terrible OL but you can’t hide entirely from it.

So I’ll give Taggart and his playcalling a pass this year due to the OL.

The comments coming out of the recruiting weekend are unbelievably positive. Say what you want about WT, but that man can recruit. Ira wrote a good article this week about WT becoming a CEO type, I am starting to believe that would be ideal.
Yep. The Dabo model.

Yep. And hopefully we grab Justin Fields if/probably when Sam Howell flips.

DFWehhOV0AAYDOQ

I'd rather get some quality corners.

Honestly the defense wasn't truly terrible last year if the offense wasn't actually truly terrible. So I'm focused on how to improve the O. And based on everything the crootin experts are saying we should five all new starters at the Oline coming in from HS, Juco and grad transfer. That won't be a National title level OLine in year one but if we bring in similar quality guys the next two years we should be.

So OLine should be set and I really like our already existing RB and WR corps. So that leaves QB as our only big hole. While I've been on securing Sam Howell all crootin season, there are some better scenarios even if he backs out. Honestly I think long term Lance Legendre will end up better than Sam but years 1 & 2 Sam will have the upper hand and is better suited to start next year if we have to.

DuujS67UUAAkAxR

But my excitement level for next season is based on who we get at QB.

If we land Jalen Hurts, Justin Fields and Lance I would be at a full 15 out of 10 level of excitement.

Jeremy-Renner.gif

If we land just Fields and Lance I'd be at a solid 11 out of 10.

18ae15aca7cac3dcede9683c1a13d858.gif

If we land Jalen and either Lance or Sam I'd be at a 10 out of 10.

KJBKt6y.gif

If we land Sam and some other nonfrosh QB not named Jalen or Fields then I'd be at about a 7 or an 8 out of 10.

Ron-Swanson-is-excited.gif

If we end up with only Lance and some other nonfrosh QB not named Fields or Jalen then I'm at about a 4 or a 5.

giphy.gif

And if we don't land either Sam, Lance, Jalen or Fields then I'm at about a 2.5 or 3 out of 10.

3a02f50c2eff4235822f0f736b22cabae8d7a02363b1b3fd7dc94a032a2390f4.gif

Last edited:
There's a new rumor started by somebody I consider semi-in-the-know that James Cook is transferring out of Georgia as well. And we might land a three fer deal of Cook, Fields and the frosh WR everyone is clamoring over.

We'll see if it's true....

As expected, Sam Howell flipped. Unlike past Tribe from two weeks ago and seemingly every FSU recruitnik, I’m no longer devastated and wallowing in misery. We need an immediate fix at QB and I think we solve that with grad transfers. And this year was NOT a good QB year unlike last year and next year. So if we get a good to great grad transfer and maybe a 3 star QB with upside then all is not lost.

But no doubt losing Sam hurts.

Glad we could help keep the lights on.......

ACC Football Viewership Stats 2013-2018

Regular Season Conference Games Average Number of Viewers:

Florida State - 3.091 million viewers (43 games)
Clemson - 3.004 million viewers (39 games)
Louisville - 2.486 million viewers (23 games)
Miami - 2.316 million viewers (35 games)
Pittsburgh - 2.160 million viewers (12 games)
Virginia Tech - 2.021 million viewers (23 games)
Syracuse - 2.016 million viewers (16 games)
North Carolina State - 1.970 million viewers (17 games)
Virginia - 1.938 million viewers (10 games)
Georgia Tech - 1.652 million viewers (20 games)
Boston College - 1.508 million viewers (16 games)
North Carolina - 1.450 million viewers (19 games)
Wake Forest - 1.185 million viewers (18 games)
Duke - 1.103 million viewers (16 games)

OOC Games or ACCCG Games Average Number of Viewers:

Florida State - 5.387 million viewers (17 games)
Virginia Tech - 4.757 million viewers (10 games)
Clemson - 4.261 million viewers (19 games)
Duke - 4.144 million viewers (2 games)
Georgia Tech - 4.202 million viewers (6 games)
North Carolina - 3.633 million viewers (6 games)
Miami - 3.337 million viewers (11 games)
Pittsburgh - 2.888 million viewers (9 games)
North Carolina State - 2.635 million viewers (3 games)
Syracuse - 2.576 million viewers (6 games)
Louisville - 2.530 million viewers (6 games)
Virginia - 2.498 million viewers (6 games)
Boston College - 2.456 million viewers (4 games)
Wake Forest - 2.095 million viewers (3 games)

Overall Average Number of Viewers:

Florida State - 3.742 million viewers (60 games)
Clemson - 3.416 million viewers (58 games)
Virginia Tech - 2.850 million viewers (33 games)
Miami - 2.560 million viewers (46 games)
Louisville - 2.495 million viewers (29 games)
Pittsburgh - 2.472 million viewers (21 games)
Georgia Tech - 2.240 million viewers (26 games)
Syracuse - 2.168 million viewers (22 games)
Virginia - 2.148 million viewers (16 games)
North Carolina State - 2.070 million viewers (20 games)
North Carolina - 1.974 million viewers (25 games)
Boston College - 1.698 million viewers (20 games)
Duke - 1.441 million viewers (18 games)
Wake Forest - 1.314 million viewers (21 games)

B7WPL5.gif

So much anger and chicken littles on “fan” boards. This is actually not bad and a solid start to a team that has lost 13 games over last two years and was 5-7.

Losing Howell stinks. Many blaming Bell others his dad. Others not naming a OC. Seems pretty clear to me the real culprit was watching our offensive line play this year and knowing there would be no one year fix.

Hopefully we can find another QB. And some more big uglies. I still support and am not giving up on WT.

Last edited:
Reading the boards yesterday and today was depressing and you would have thought the ranking was 113 vs 13

Need to find a QB. Hopefully there is a kid our new OC is really high on that is unsigned

Reactions: noleclone2
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT