ADVERTISEMENT

#100pagesnatty Thread 11/08/18 #63pagesnattynumber1 #106pagesnattynumber2

#KeepingItGoing

So for those still distraught about Sam, check out the highlights for John Rhys Plumlee. He has a better completion percentage, 33 TDS to 3 ints, and is blazingly fast (allegedly the “fastest white QB ever”). The only reason Sam was more sought after is he is bigger (Plumlee is Frenchy’s height or maybe smaller) and has a better arm. But I think Plumlee is a MUCH better fit for what we will be trying to do under Briles.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yep, it was Rooster. What I remember is we would get into FG range and then commit a bunch of penalties and take us out of range. And that was with the Polish Powder Keg.

Ugh, hated that game. The tackle by their punter on one of the all time greats was a killer. Then didn't Jankowski hit a perfect onside late only to get hit in the leg?

If Weinke plays we would have blasted Tennessee. The highlights always show Price, but outside of those two plays defense played pretty good and the two picks killed our offense.

Reactions: BelemNole
It may have been Boldin.

UT didn't do much in the first half of the game. They had a pick six and another TD. If we had Weinke I think we take them pretty easily.

No. Anquan took over for Rix when we played UGA in the Sugar Bowl. I was on the field for that game. Walker was also the QB a bit. We also played McPherson that season (had to check on McPherson, forgot he and Rix shared regular season QB duties.

Reactions: Bartdog
Ugh, hated that game. The tackle by their punter on one of the all time greats was a killer. Then didn't Jankowski hit a perfect onside late only to get hit in the leg?

If Weinke plays we would have blasted Tennessee. The highlights always show Price, but outside of those two plays defense played pretty good and the two picks killed our offense.

Yep. Still feel like the loss to Oklahoma was worse. Trying to win a natty with the rooster starting was always going to be tough. Add to this the loss to UF was ridiculous because we should have been playing a crappy Nebraska but they choked to Texas and somehow UF got back. UF was the clear consensus number 1 team that year. So in order to win the natty we had to beat them two games in a row. What a crap sandwich.

Conversely, at certain points in 4th quarter of our 3 championship games that we won, we were trailing. So I guess it all balanced out.

Reactions: NoleinATL
Though it is hard to believe judging by all the gnashing of teeth, yesterday was not national signing day.

While I can't argue with much of your post, this line I'm quoting is absolutely the wrong thinking. The "early" signing period is "THE" signing period now. The "normal" one is actually the "late" period where you're left with either a) a few primadonnas who want the attention, b) academic risks, or c) the leftovers who thought they were better than they are and therefore didn't get their pick of school in "THE" signing period.

So it's now unofficially official! Briles will be announced tomorrow. Per Houston sites it looks like they might have been able to lure Clement to stay another year with Major Applewhite. That's confusing to me because Major is likely fired next year as he still might be fired this year so I would actually take far less to go to FSU than stay at Houston under that much uncertainty.

Last edited:
Reactions: cmanole
DvIcEZVW0AA4D6v.jpg:large

https://twitter.com/kendalbriles

Last edited:
Reactions: NoleFan2U
So now Brandon Wimbush has announced he's transferring from ND and will be eligible to play for another school next year. You may remember him, he came off the bench to replace an injured Ian Book and kicked our butts.

Meh, no thanks. I think it's Fields (especially if he is eligible next season), then Hurts, or bust, IMHO, given who's on the market.

Looks like Jordan Travis ie a 3 star recruit from last year who spent the season at Louisville will be transferring in.

I don't believe he can play next year, so my guess is that if Fields or Hurt transfer in then Blackman is transferring out. So instead we just wipe away the whole QB room and bring in Fields or Hurt to start next year (and the next if it's Fields), bring in a frosh or two who can start IF there's an injury and then have Travis taking the Blackman spot possibly projecting as a starter later when he's available in two years.

Looks like Jordan Travis ie a 3 star recruit from last year who spent the season at Louisville will be transferring in.

I don't believe he can play next year, so my guess is that if Fields or Hurt transfer in then Blackman is transferring out. So instead we just wipe away the whole QB room and bring in Fields or Hurt to start next year (and the next if it's Fields), bring in a frosh or two who can start IF there's an injury and then have Travis taking the Blackman spot possibly projecting as a starter later when he's available in two years.

Yep, I'm assuming we'll sign one in Feb, so the 3-deep next year will be
1) Fields/Hurts (assuming Fields gets his waiver)
2) Blackman
3) Freshman
4) walk-on

with 2020 being
1) Fields (if he's here)
2) Travis
3) rsFr

I'd be ok with that, given where FSU was standing 2 weeks ago in the QB depth chart

Comes from a good high school, but they produce more Ivy Leaguers, captains of industry and trust funders than NFL players. Hence Nick O's move to public school his varsity years. That said he has to be smart. There are no slackers at that school.

**Those are private school kids, not future NFL'ers, chasing him.

Last edited by a moderator:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT