ADVERTISEMENT

#100pagesnatty Thread 11/08/18 #63pagesnattynumber1 #106pagesnattynumber2

#KeepingItGoing

Looks like Bell turned out to be a snake in the grass.

So what makes you say that?

I did just have a conversation and they indicated Bell and WT had some huge disagreements and Bell held Howell over WT's head about undermining Howell to FSU, Bell leaves and suddenly Howell dips out as well. But that is rumor mill, unsubstantiated, what's your reason for the opinion?

We could be headed into the spring with only ONE scholarship QB on the roster. That's a major concern.
#KeepingItGoing

Looks like Bell turned out to be a snake in the grass.

Edit...holy crap, just noticed I have 4999 likes. About to become an Ultimate! Bye bye Veterans :Face with Tears of Joy

Walt Bell was apparently trying to shop his and Sam Howell’s services to Fedora before he got #*#*canned. So yeah...Walt Bell was a traitor.

As far as the QB situation moving forward, the more I looked into him myself the less I was excited about Sam anyways. He could make the throws at a high level but as a percentage he wasn’t very great and had some good yardage on the ground against the small slow HS players he was going against, but he did it by running over them not around them. And he was not a vocal leader, but pretty quiet and selfish. If that sounds like Frenchy to you...yeah that sounds like Frenchy to me. So I’m not really sure he would have been a great fit anyways.

Honestly, Lance is a much better fit, he’s just more of a raw product that won’t really be ready for a year or two while Sam would have come in and replicated Frenchy now. But as I said earlier, if we land Lance and a good grad transfer we’re in a better spot than if we landed Sam.

Reactions: noleclone2
So what makes you say that?

I did just have a conversation and they indicated Bell and WT had some huge disagreements and Bell held Howell over WT's head about undermining Howell to FSU, Bell leaves and suddenly Howell dips out as well. But that is rumor mill, unsubstantiated, what's your reason for the opinion?

See my previous post. Walt was shopping Sam as a way to get himself a job. Allegedly.

Blecch. Got far worse news than losing out on Sam Howell. We just whiffed on Big Will Putnam who was basically guaranteed to be our starting Center or at least a starting guard from day one to Clemson.

I was on the “let’s keep Greg Frey” train even though Briles wants to bring in his own OL and running game coordinator, but now I’ve switched to screw him even though he’s a former Nole who left a good gig to come here. You can’t secure someone from your home state and with TWO basically guaranteed starting positions open to him while he’s going to ride the pine at the other stop and I question your crootin acumen.

Two big whiffs on the offensive line (Neal and Putnam) is far more damaging than losing Sam and KThibs.

Last edited by a moderator:
Blecch. Got far worse news than losing out on Sam Howell. We just whiffed on Big Will Putnam who was basically guaranteed to be our starting Center or at least a starting guard from day one to Clemson.

I was on the “let’s keep Greg Frey” train even though Briles wants to bring in his own OL and running game coordinator, but now I’ve switched to eff him even though he’s a former Nole who left a good gig to come here. You can’t secure someone from your home state and with TWO basically guaranteed starting positions open to him while he’s going to ride the pine at the other stop and I question your crootin acumen.

Two big whiffs on the offensive line (Neal and Putnam) is far more damaging than losing Sam and KThibs.
Wonder what color Ford Raptor he will get.

To heck with this up and down drama on who signed and didn't, who flipped and who decommitted. I don't need this in my life, Im going to the woods. Hopefully this all settles out by the time I return.

You’re going to be cold staying out in those woods until February.

I was on the “let’s keep Greg Frey” train even though Briles wants to bring in his own OL and running game coordinator, but now I’ve switched to eff him even though he’s a former Nole who left a good gig to come here. You can’t secure someone from your home state and with TWO basically guaranteed starting positions open to him while he’s going to ride the pine at the other stop and I question your crootin acumen.

Is it Frey or is it that outsiders see the program and coaches as a disorganized mess? WT is known as an elite recruiter and certainly didn't produce elite results. It wouldn't be hard for other programs to show recruits some tape from this year and see if they want to play for those coaches. He's going to have to win with 3 star players (which I think he could pull off 9-3) if he ever wants a shot at elite recruits again.

Is it Frey or is it that outsiders see the program and coaches as a disorganized mess? WT is known as an elite recruiter and certainly didn't produce elite results. It wouldn't be hard for other programs to show recruits some tape from this year and see if they want to play for those coaches. He's going to have to win with 3 star players (which I think he could pull off 9-3) if he ever wants a shot at elite recruits again.

I’m still blaming it on the new Chief. We need to bring back some throwbacks.

Insiders seem to be blaming Frey for Neal and Putnam. I honestly wouldn’t be surprised if whenever Briles and Clement are announced that it comes out that Frey half-@$$ed the recruiting time as he was either already out the door of his own volition not wanting to split the OL job.

Now that all of this drama about Walt Bell is coming out, I kind of wonder if there wasn’t something going on with Frey as well (lately, not the whole season like apparently Walt Bell).

Reactions: noleclone2

I think after the worst football season in over four decades (after a putrid 7-6 year) trying to get a top 11-20 class is all that is realistic. I mean 78 teams are going to bowls and we were not one of them. You are going to have more than you share of guys getting cold feet. You are going to not win many or any battles against the Bama and Clemson types on the 4-5 stars you covet. Especially on offense where the whole world saw how horrible the line is and any QB or Running Back is taking a leap of faith. Though it is hard to believe judging by all the gnashing of teeth, yesterday was not national signing day. We still have time to try to get some other QBs and OL guys and finish maybe closer to 10 than 20, and hopefully above UF and Miami. Though I have no idea the details, I do think there is a plan in place waiting to get through ESD and the Houston game and higher a new OC and Line coach that will be bringing some recruiting connections they have in play. We will see. Don't get me wrong, would have loved Putnam and Howell.

We need a decent year next year and I think a lot more kids will be in play.

Now all we need is for Deondre to go to Wake and Blackman to go to Duke and we're all set!

FarSidePegLeg.jpg

Reactions: Imtotallynottribe
ACC Football Viewership Stats 2013-2018

ACC Conference Games by year

(excluding games aired on ESPNU and FS2, of which there are none for the ACC in the latter case but could be for another conference when I do that comparison next month)

2018 - 32 games; 54.893 million viewers; 1.715 million per game
2017 - 30 games; 69.252 million viewers; 2.308 million per game
2016 - 31 games; 75.791 million viewers; 2.445 million per game
2015 - 23 games; 54.876 million viewers; 2.386 million per game
2014 - 24 games; 68.836 million viewers; 2.868 million per game
2013 - 24 games; 61.714 million viewers; 2.572 million per game

ACC TV Contract Games
(Includes all conference games above plus out-of-conference games either at home or at a neutral site which made determining which conference technically owned the rights an educated guess on my part)

2018 - 41 games; 83.014 million viewers; 2.025 million per game
2017 - 41 games; 112.716 million viewers; 2.749 million per game
2016 - 40 games; 112.333 million viewers; 2.808 million per game
2015 - 34 games; 100.141 million viewers; 2.945 million per game
2014 - 33 games; 103.039 million viewers; 3.122 million per game
2013 - 31 games; 89.754 million viewers; 2.895 million per game

ALL games involving at least ACC team shown on CBS, ABC, FOX, NBC, ESPN, ESPN2, FS1

2018 - 49 games; 98.501 million viewers; 2.010 million per game
2017 - 50 games; 132.868 million viewers; 2.656 million per game
2016 - 49 games; 133.308 million viewers; 2.721 million per game
2015 - 44 games; 122.479 million viewers; 2.784 million per game
2014 - 45 games; 128.688 million viewers; 2.860 million per game
2013 - 36 games; 102.206 million viewers; 2.839 million per game

Gb8qLr.png

Hey, who finished as QB in that game? Why do I have a fuzzy memory that it was one of the WRs?
Was it Anquan Boldin? Peerless Price schooled our DBs. I don’t know if Cholly Ward could have won that game. The Noles were off that night, for sure.

Was it Anquan Boldin? Peerless Price schooled our DBs. I don’t know if Cholly Ward could have won that game. The Noles were off that night, for sure.
It may have been Boldin.

UT didn't do much in the first half of the game. They had a pick six and another TD. If we had Weinke I think we take them pretty easily.

Reactions: NoleinATL
It may have been Boldin.

UT didn't do much in the first half of the game. They had a pick six and another TD. If we had Weinke I think we take them pretty easily.
You’re prolly right. I just have this memory that plays over and over of Price for the TD.
Man, remember how playing for the title was basically routine. Those were the days, my friend.

Reactions: BelemNole

Marcus Outzen was the QB for that game. I don't think Boldin even arrived on campus for another year or two after that.. Wasn't he a freshman the year we lost to Oklahoma in the NC game at the Orange Bowl? Boldin did become a QB for us in a Bowl game, but that was the Sugar Bowl against UGA because Rix overslept and Fabian Walker had a bad shoulder.

As for Peerless Price, yes he schooled Mario Edwards in that game. I know Peerless now (our daughters played soccer together for a couple years), and he likes to remind me of that game every time I see him. He has told me our DBs wouldn't shut up early in the game, but as the second half progressed they were getting quieter and quieter.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT