ADVERTISEMENT

Amazon HQ2

The last 3 weeks: CBD oil on dogs (positive experience!), a brief post about pot smoke, Chicago recommendations, bot flies, 2 posts about a shooting, a (positive!!) post about my cousin's experience using a P2P car rental, a couple about the CA fires, stating I'd prefer to not date someone who uses sex robots, and stating I didn't have sex with a teacher.

Oh, the weight of negativity must be unbearable.

Wait...you won't date anyone who uses sex robots?

giphy.gif

Also ....

Although I'd also point out ironically that most women have been using mechanical lovers for decades, they just give them cutesy names and hide them. Meanwhile I will fully expect the sex robots to make me a Sammie afterwards.

Yeah, robots wouldn't be great for the iPhone videos. You barely notice the personal massagers.

If you went by the RFP, Crystal City does not meet the requirements which is why I disagreed with that selection. They have tons of tech talent, but fitting 50k employees on a strange part of the DC metro, with a high COL, does not really meet what the RFP implied. It's a suburban area, and they stated they wanted to be transformative, like they were with Seattle's downtown area. Just because it says in some article that Bezo's has a house there, does not mean that's the reason they selected that area. The main reason was the amount of incent provided (billions), readily available CRE (5 million sq ft), and infrastructure in place to handle 25k extra workers, but you keep thinking it was that $23mil mansion....
Actually, it's not uncommon for corporate location decisions to mirror the CEO's location. This phenomenon was addressed back in the 90s by Joel Garreau.

Actually, it's not uncommon for corporate location decisions to mirror the CEO's location. This phenomenon was addressed back in the 90s by Joel Garreau.

I do not disagree there is precedent, but at the same time, maybe not a great comparison to a company with a 750 billion market cap, selecting their secondary HQs based on where the CEO owns a home and is looking to invest five billion and fill 50,000 high-paying technical jobs.

Well, I read all 6 pages of this and really appreciate the snark towards people that live in South GA. I guess I will have time to object later after I get off my sister, attend the klan rally, and move farther from the brown people. Jebus.

https://www.syracuse.com/state/index.ssf/2018/11/amazon_hq2_ny_tax_incentives_concerns.html

$48K per new job? New York tax incentives for Amazon HQ2 site stir concerns

Amazon will benefit from government subsidies and investments totaling more than $2.4 billion from Virginia, New York and Tennessee to build its new facilities, spurring complaints that taxpayers shouldn't be subsidizing one of the nation's most prosperous companies.

A big gap in the size of incentives promised by New York and Virginia also stirred concern in the Empire State - and quiet satisfaction in the Old Dominion - that Richmond had cut a better deal than Albany. In the largest single subsidy offered by each state, New York offered tax credits equal to $48,000 per new job, while Virginia agreed to workforce cash grants of $22,000 per job.

The incentives packages also worried affordable housing activists that too little was promised to deal with the potential effect on housing costs of an influx of tens of thousands of new employees with an average salary of more than $150,000 a year.

Reactions: ReliableOstrich
Wendy is like grey. Or Vanilla.

Amazon HQ- not near me so don't care. Disappointed not in Atlanta for more TT and RRR suburban debate.

Reactions: RunRonnieRun
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT