ADVERTISEMENT

Atlanta Braves thread

tumblr_ou26lk5ADr1qmob6ro1_400.gif
Minter recalled???

Minter had two good, short middle relief stints the past couple of games. Good win streak of late .... interested in seeing how we fare against the Phillies.

We will be pitching Fried, Newcomb and Folty. Maybe one or two good outings among the 3? Hopefully our offense doesn't get shut down and we can continue to manufacture runs.

Never, ever, turn the game off before it's over. No matter how grim it might look.
That was rather remarkable ... watched hoping for a comeback but not really expecting one. Read where the Phillies have six relievers on the IL.

Folty sent down to triple A ... good move ... so inconsistent.

Whatever the relief pitcher question is, AJ Minter is not the answer.

Question: is josh Donaldson worth $23 million? Fielding has been a big plus. Hitting? He is batting about .246. Lifetime average is .273. He does have 17 hrs.

HRs are very good but not sure who you can replace him with at this time. Riley has been striking out half the time he comes to the play for a while now and yet you have to love he has still managed to get 16 hrs and 41 RBIs at this point lol. To me the biggest weakness in their defense/offense is Tyler Flowers. He seems to be a sub par defensive catcher and there is no excuse for him to have half the RBIs McCann has.

But as a fan you have to love where the team sits at this time and how exciting they are to watch. Even with a player or two slumping at times a couple other players are still able to manufacture runs almost every game. The defensive play in the infield has been outstanding. Riley is ok in LF and Acuna still looks shaky in Center but manages to get the job done. The big question to me is what do you do with Ender once he comes off IR?

Last edited:
HRs are very good but not sure who you can replace him with at this time. Riley has been striking out half the time he comes to the play for a while now and yet you have to love he has still managed to get 16 hrs and 41 RBIs at this point lol. To me the biggest weakness in their defense/offense is Tyler Flowers. He seems to be a sub par defensive catcher and there is no excuse for him to have half the RBIs McCann has.

But as a fan you have to love where the team sits at this time and how exciting they are to watch. Even with a player or two slumping at times a couple other players are still able to manufacture runs almost every game. The defensive play in the infield has been outstanding. Riley is ok in LF and Acuna still looks shaky in Center but manages to get the job done. The big question to me is what do you do with Ender once he comes off IR?
Ender was not hitting well before going on IL. He does cover a lot of ground in center but I certainly would not replace Acuna. Maybe next year they move Acuna to left and Riley to third? Agree about Flowers ...

BTW .... Culbertson’s throw to home in the ninth against Miami was outstanding.... there was no room for error on that play .... and there wasn’t.

And Acuna acquitted himself quite well in the hr derby. He hit to all fields and with power.

Last edited:
Acuna represented well last night. Now, can someone explain to me how Guererro only has 8 homers this year? Does he only clobber batting practices pitches?

Reactions: NoleLizards
Acuna represented well last night. Now, can someone explain to me how Guererro only has 8 homers this year? Does he only clobber batting practices pitches?

5 pm hitter. While I suspect he doesn't over swing like he was doing last night, I get the feeling he tries to pull everything.

Acuna was one of the more impressive players and it appeared to me Perez may have been a bit off on serving up better pitches which is an important part of this competition.

Great reverse jinx, Sir!!!!
LOL! He certainly had a good series against the Padres. Hope he keeps it going.

Soroka has been amazing. Loved it when Machado gave him some head nodding props after Soroka struck him out.

Props also to the bullpen... though they continue to give me heartburn.

Albies and Acuna are two exciting players you just look forward to watching. Albies is always having fun out there... infectious.

LOL! He certainly had a good series against the Padres. Hope he keeps it going.

Soroka has been amazing. Loved it when Machado gave him some head nodding props after Soroka struck him out.

Props also to the bullpen... though they continue to give me heartburn.

Albies and Acuna are two exciting players you just look forward to watching. Albies is always having fun out there... infectious.
I'm personally pleasantly surprised that they're playing this well. Be that as it may, the Braves are going to have to add some lefty relief help even to have a prayer against the mighty Dodgers in a potential postseason rematch.

I'm personally pleasantly surprised that they're playing this well. Be that as it may, the Braves are going to have to add some lefty relief help even to have a prayer against the mighty Dodgers in a potential postseason rematch.
Agree ... LA has been impressive...

Braves are now 30-18 on the road .... tied for the best road record with .... you guessed it! Tampa Bay

Dodgers are 26–21 on the road and a whopping 37-12 at home.

I sincerely hope that our effusive praise of the Bravos hasn't unwittingly sent them into a tailspin...Their level of play has dropped off precipitately in the past couple of days. :(

I sincerely hope that our effusive praise of the Bravos hasn't unwittingly sent them into a tailspin...Their level of play has dropped off precipitately in the past couple of days. :(
My words have more power than I had ever imagined.

Wow ... lost three of the last four and looked ugly doing so. This against the better teams in their respective divisions. Bullpen has been abysmal ... Minter back to his old ways. Botched fielding by Acuna and Ender opened the floodgates in the second.

Reactions: SoddyNole
Wow ... lost three of the last four and looked ugly doing so. This against the better teams in their respective divisions. Bullpen has been abysmal ... Minter back to his old ways. Botched fielding by Acuna and Ender opened the floodgates in the second.

We need to start winning again soon.

A formula that's doomed to fail in October...The brass must tighten up this pen!
Jackson has been living/pitching on the edge most of the year. Braves don’t have the pitching to beat the Dodgers ... and likely no one else does either.

Don’t understand why Snitker keeps putting Minter in ... strikes out pinch hitter, gives up two hits, wild pitch, run scored, intentional walk, and a walk to load the bases. This after giving up three hits and three runs two nights ago. Fortunately, the Braves were able to get out of the ninth giving up just one run. Now down two...

Career game!

He may have done better in the top of the 8th but the bottom of the 7th was a long inning with the Braves scoring 2 runs and Gausman sitting on the bench late in the game is just enough to take some of the edge off.

Starting on Friday is a six game road stretch against the Phils and Nats. With that and the trade deadline looming, the rest of July will be quite telling.

Well it's official now...I jinxed them and apologize for doing so. In the future event the Braves can right the ship, I'll refrain from commenting positively.

Reactions: JonScott
Man, Riley is really struggling at the plate ... fortunate for the Braves to still be in the game against Washington

Needs a break from MLB. Send him down to get his head right and maybe he can come back in form before the playoffs.

Needs a break from MLB. Send him down to get his head right and maybe he can come back in form before the playoffs.
Agree ... too many guys left on base with his outs. His last at bat he actually resisted swinging at pitches around his ankles .... will get better pitches to hit if he can become more disciplined.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT