ADVERTISEMENT

Baseball still rocks

Aaron Judge is a big son of a gun.
web1_Judge.jpg

This Yankee team consists of the biggest bee-otches. Try to get hit all the time.

Last edited by a moderator:
You see how inconsistent the umps are when they have the strike zone box up every pitch.

Reactions: NoleLizards
My lord....watching the post game: Ortiz and A-Rod are friggin awful.

Ortiz is likeable on some level, but A-Rod...not so much.

'86 mets are still my most hated baseball team of all time. Right up there with the '85 bears and Mexico national soccer team....

Go yanks!
Interesting. I've never met a Yankees fan who hates the Mets, they usually dont care.
I grew tired of the "Let's Go Mets" hysteria nonstop in the tri-state area. The Boston -Yankees rivalary in the 80's wasn't anywhere close to what it was in the 70's or 2000's.... at least not to me. I also went to school with bandwagon met fans.
I grew up in that area too, but the Yankees lead the universe in bandwagon fans, and it's not even close.

I didn't watch the post game last night but have seen A-Rod before and he was pretty good. Was it Yankee bias?
I think Arod has a ridiculous amount of baseball knowledge and does a good job explaining what's going on in the minds of the players at the time. His problem is he tries to hard to sound like a TV guy instead of just a former player.
One thing I did notice in the post game is Arod and Ortiz took turns blowing Verlander, while Keith just did his analysis. That's one reason why Keith is one of the best I've ever seen on TV discuss baseball.

Reactions: NoleinATL
I didn't watch the post game last night but have seen A-Rod before and he was pretty good. Was it Yankee bias?

When they talk baseball and demonstrate problems they see with swings, etc it's really good.

Game 7, baby! This town is electric.

Reactions: DFSNOLE
Johnny Wholestaff for the Astros tonight??

Yep, all hands on deck. Morton starting. He usually pitches really well the first time through but gets in trouble in the 4th or 5th. Look for McHugh/McCullers to try to bridge the gap.

Hopefully, Houston doesn't continue to make Sabbathia look like Sandy Koufax.

Interesting. I've never met a Yankees fan who hates the Mets, they usually dont care.

I grew up in that area too, but the Yankees lead the universe in bandwagon fans, and it's not even close.

I'm actually a braves fan first as we moved south 25 years ago. The Yankees are my heritage team as my grandfathers , mom, Dad, Uncles, were all Yankee fans from NYC.
I'll pull for the Rays as well, but the braves are my top team.

I still hate the 86 mets because of the fans. Remember baseball in the 80's was different. The Yankees were not a playoff team from1982- 1994. 20k fans at the stadium was routine for the bombers in the 80's. They aren't the same team as they are now... the mets were the team from 1985- 1992.

No. Just typical Arod douchey stuff, talking about he called players before the game, and how he knew this and he knew that blah blah...The other guys started busting on him about it after awhile as well.

I'm actually a braves fan first as we moved south 25 years ago. The Yankees are my heritage team as my grandfathers , mom, Dad, Uncles, were all Yankee fans from NYC.
I'll pull for the Rays as well, but the braves are my top team.

I still hate the 86 mets because of the fans. Remember baseball in the 80's was different. The Yankees were not a playoff team from1982- 1994. 20k fans at the stadium was routine for the bombers in the 80's. They aren't the same team as they are now... the mets were the team from 1985- 1992.
That's kind of my point: no one wanted anything to do with the Yankees when they sucked. Then they started winning and now have a 55k seat stadium, monster TV deal and "fans" all over the country.

That's kind of my point: no one wanted anything to do with the Yankees when they sucked. Then they started winning and now have a 55k seat stadium, monster TV deal and "fans" all over the country.

Oh please. What fan base isn't like that? The cubs, dodgers and redsox average attendance tanks when they are horrible.

This isn't relative to just the Yankees. Where were all the Mets fans in 1982 when they averaged 17k?

The Yankees rivalry had always been biggest with their crosstown teams. Since 1940 the dodgers and giants were the biggest, even they only played in the World Series. It has something to do with passionate fans living in the same area. If the Mets were ever any good the yankee fans would care more. An indifferent attitude towards a team is actually worse than "hate" because it shows that team isn't even worth hating...

Oh please. What fan base isn't like that? The cubs, dodgers and redsox average attendance tanks when they are horrible.

This isn't relative to just the Yankees. Where were all the Mets fans in 1982 when they averaged 17k?

The Yankees rivalry had always been biggest with their crosstown teams. Since 1940 the dodgers and giants were the biggest, even they only played in the World Series. It has something to do with passionate fans living in the same area. If the Mets were ever any good the yankee fans would care more. An indifferent attitude towards a team is actually worse than "hate" because it shows that team isn't even worth hating...
Go to any stadium not in the Bronx when the Yankees are playing and see how many Yankee fans are there, more than any other team in any other sport. If you disagree with that, I don't know what to tell you.

Go to any stadium not in the Bronx when the Yankees are playing and see how many Yankee fans are there, more than any other team in any other sport. If you disagree with that, I don't know what to tell you.

Been to old Yankee stadium, Red Sox , Baltimore and both Chicago, northern fans love their baseball and all stadiums had a great showing for the games

Reactions: nynole1

Ok? I fail to see what your point is and you didn't address much of anything in my previos post.

Ever see the braves stadium (Sun Trust) when the cubs, dodgers or redsox are there? Your points can be given to most high prolific teams in MLB.

Ok? I fail to see what your point is and you didn't address much of anything in my previos post.

Ever see the braves stadium (Sun Trust) when the cubs, dodgers or redsox are there? Your points can be given to most high prolific teams in MLB.
The Yankees are the most popular team in the country, that's what I'm trying to say. The Red Sox are second because they have a ton of bandwagon fans as well. When you win 28 championships, it's no wonder so many people claim them as their favorite team.
Having said that, watching them get eliminated tonight makes me smile!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT