ADVERTISEMENT

Baseball still rocks

Why didn't Fox show where that borderline pitch to Altuve was on the "strike box"? It looked low and outside to me, but called for a 3rd strike, instead of ball 4. Ad Altuve muttered, WTF.

Kershaws curveball is absurd. He's fun to watch, pounds the zone and pitches so quickly.

Rooting for the national league, but would be happy for city of Houston if it went the other way.

Reactions: goldmom
Well I guess I should have stayed up last night. Went to bed after the 7th, missed the fireworks. Crap.

Reactions: nynole1
That's kind of my point: no one wanted anything to do with the Yankees when they sucked. Then they started winning and now have a 55k seat stadium, monster TV deal and "fans" all over the country.

How can you avoid all the great history the Yankee’s have before 1982? They had a big stadium and fans all over the country before that. They were always the most widely known team.

I don't know how people on the east coast handle these late games. Watched the entire thing but changed my 7 am flight home to 1.

How can you avoid all the great history the Yankee’s have before 1982? They had a big stadium and fans all over the country before that. They were always the most widely known team.
Completely agree, but I'm 39 and referring to the "modern" era. You can't argue that the number of Yankee fans skyrocketed all over the country starting in 96.

Completely agree, but I'm 39 and referring to the "modern" era. You can't argue that the number of Yankee fans skyrocketed all over the country starting in 96.

Young fans without a home baseball team or family around them that like a particular team, sure. It happens with all the dynasty type teams (cowboys, patriots).

With the yankmees today canning Girardi, three of the 10 managers who made the playoffs are now collecting unemployment checks. Tough standards.

I wouldn't say he was fired. No he won't be coming back, and it was a team decision, but he didn't have a contract at this point. Also, while the Yankees made the official decision to not give him another contract, it isn't even known if he really wanted to come back. There are rumors floating around that he wasn't seeking a new contract at this point anyhow.

As a Yankees fan, I say it's about time. Personally I didn't want him when he was hired, and I still don't want him.

@FSUdawg is correct. Yankee fans seem to be about 50/50 on Joe. I think he is a nice guy, but I hated watching him manage a game because he changed pitchers like crazy. I dont think the play with Sanchez helped much either. Interested to see who they get next, may take that guy a period to get adjusted to the team.

Cashman is also out of contract, but by all accounts he isn't going anywhere. Unfortunately Cashman & the Yankees want another Manager who will manage by the numbers. So, more than likely they will not be much different than Girardi, but who knows.

Cashman is also out of contract, but by all accounts he isn't going anywhere. Unfortunately Cashman & the Yankees want another Manager who will manage by the numbers. So, more than likely they will not be much different than Girardi, but who knows.
Cashman definitely not going anywhere and agree, they will not hire a "go with your gut" type of a manager.

The World Series is a terrible time for your 34 save closer to crap the bed.
I can't stand this dude, love watching him get abused. Reminds me of papelbon attitude wise except he sucks.

Bad news for Houston even if they don't score,bullpen isn't good.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT