ADVERTISEMENT

Braves 2018

My visual of the Atlanta bullpen:

giphy.gif

Reactions: DFSNOLE
For me, the worst thing besides for the bullpen blowing another game, is the fact that the front office did nothing to address it before the trade deadline. Everyone knew the biggest need was in the bullpen and instead of picking up an established guy, they got castoffs from other teams. And they did that knowing that their closer was not healthy. I don't get it. I haven't been a fan of how Snitker has utilized the pen all year but he hasn't gotten any help from those above him.

Reactions: NoleLizards
For me, the worst thing besides for the bullpen blowing another game, is the fact that the front office did nothing to address it before the trade deadline. Everyone knew the biggest need was in the bullpen and instead of picking up an established guy, they got castoffs from other teams. And they did that knowing that their closer was not healthy. I don't get it. I haven't been a fan of how Snitker has utilized the pen all year but he hasn't gotten any help from those above him.
I'm amazed that the Braves have done as well as they have in spite of lacking in this department. The way that the game has evolved, the bullpen has arguably become the most important part of a team when it comes to separating a championship-caliber squad from a merely solid one.

Reactions: DFSNOLE
Honestly, the bullpen will be their undoing in the playoffs, but this team has won me over, a year earlier than expected. What a fun season, with someone different it seems being the hero every night.

Honestly, the bullpen will be their undoing in the playoffs, but this team has won me over, a year earlier than expected. What a fun season, with someone different it seems being the hero every night.
I agree about the pen. Vizcaino should be back next year but it's not like he's lights out. Maybe Minter will develop into a dependable closer but those who pitch before him has to be addressed too. Six years ago you knew the game was in the bag after the sixth inning when the Braves ran out Venters and O'Flaherty ahead of Kimbrel.

81 :D
64 :(
Magic number 12

Reactions: NoleLizards
Today's math analysis.

With 17 games remaining, the Braves are 81-64. If they finish 9-8, they'll have a record of 90-72.

The Phillies are 74-70. If the above happens, they would have to go 17-1 to overtake them.

Washington at 73-72 would be eliminated regardless.

Neither the Braves nor Phils play today, but the Nats begin a series against the Cubs this afternoon. Hopefully, Chicago has a sense of urgency that will play to Atlanta's benefit as the Brewers have drawn to within a game of them for the lead in the Central.

Neither the Braves nor Phils play today, but the Nats begin a series against the Cubs this afternoon. Hopefully, Chicago has a sense of urgency that will play to Atlanta's benefit as the Brewers have drawn to within a game of them for the lead in the Central.
It's just a single game between the Cubs and Nats. Washington is at Atlanta beginning tomorrow.

The Braves get Scherzer tonight but the Nats haven't announced a starter for the next two games. Atlanta needs to keep the momentum of the road series going and get 2/3 this weekend.
The Marlins are at Philadelphia. Miami took theirlast series down there. It will be interesting to see if the Phillies have just given up at this point.

The Braves get Scherzer tonight but the Nats haven't announced a starter for the next two games. Atlanta needs to keep the momentum of the road series going and get 2/3 this weekend.
The Marlins are at Philadelphia. Miami took theirlast series down there. It will be interesting to see if the Phillies have just given up at this point.

Gausman tonight followed by Teheran tomorrow on probable pitchers.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT