ADVERTISEMENT

Braves 2018

I knew we wouldn't beat Scherzer twice. Teheran pitched well finally.

:D:D:D:D:D:D
:(:(:(:(

He just needs to pitch away from SunTrust; here are his splits from last year:

By ERA W L SV SVO GP GS CG IP H R ER HR BB SO AVG
Home 5.86 3 10 0 0 17 17 0 93.2 100 67 61 17 40 73 .272
Away 3.14 8 3 0 0 15 15 0 94.2 86 36 33 14 32 78 .242

Reactions: SoddyNole
Braves got Scherzered. There is a reason he gets 30 million a season and last night was it lol.

I thought Teheran looked very good. Of his 4 walks two were on Harper and I believe were intentional to make him impatient in later innings which worked. Only difference is I may have been inclined to throw one at his head, grin. Wsh had a few hits but I thought they were all on good pitches.

If Teheran continues to pitch like that at Sun Trust this season, do you trade him with value before his pitching at home issues begin to affect his on the road pitching?

I can't remember the last time Teheran started and the team didn't immediately start out with a 2-3-4 run deficit to make up! This is getting old. I'd hang him out as trade bait eventually if his performance doesn't improve dramatically.

Glad the Braves took one in Washington even though they did their best to give the game away. Might be time already to consider a closer other than Vizcaino.

Nice to see the young guys battling to the end, even in the extra innings. It's encouraging!

7 :D:D:D:D:D:D:D
5 :(:(:(:(:(

Reactions: DFSNOLE
Teheran looked great last night for just about the only time ever at SunTrust and I can't even fault him on the homerun as it should have been a strikeout a few pitches earlier.

I came in late to he game but that ump seemed to have a strike zone the size of the mitt. It was a great win though. Ozzie is quickly becoming my favorite. That guy seems to do something every game that makes one smile.

After giving Wisler hell all last season he came in and pitched like an ace last night.

He was great last night. That was about the best start you could ask for in a big early season series. Going into it, I was hoping for a split. Now, I'm leaning on getting greedy and hoping for 3/4.
11 :D
7:(
Lousy 8th inning tonight against NYM. ...Freeman walks first batter ... Albies fails to cover first on a bunt and then drops a double play ball at second. An outstanding effort by Teheran wasted ....

Lousy 8th inning tonight against NYM. ...Freeman walks first batter ... Albies fails to cover first on a bunt and then drops a double play ball at second. An outstanding effort by Teheran wasted ....
Braves have some bats this year ... nice come back in the ninth and win it 4-3 on bunt by Inciarte.

Other than the comeback win obviously, the other positive to take from this game is that this was the third straight really quality start for Teheran. Maybe he'll actually be the #1 level starter that has been expected of him for the last few years.

Other than the comeback win obviously, the other positive to take from this game is that this was the third straight really quality start for Teheran. Maybe he'll actually be the #1 level starter that has been expected of him for the last few years.
Braves starter Julio Teheran was locked in a pitchers' duel with Mets ace Jacob deGrom, notching seven scoreless innings -- his longest outing of the season -- with six strikeouts and one walk. Teheran, who struggled at home last year (5.86 ERA), has a 1.42 ERA in his last three starts.

"I'm just happy with the way I threw the ball today," Teheran said. "I feel like I did my job. I knew we were facing one of the toughest lineups in the game right now and just wanted to do my work."

12 :D
8 :(

Too many walks today against the Reds.

Last edited by a moderator:
It doesn't take much to quickly lose to the league's worst team. Maybe the Braves get their act together tonight.

I've never been overly impressed with Folty and don't thing he's a top of the rotation pitcher. He just throws too many pitches and doesn't go deep enough into games. Last night was a prime example. He just has location issues and will get to 100 pitches by the 6th (last night couldn't even get out of the 5th) and issues way too many walks. He's got good stuff but just can't put it all together.

I've never been overly impressed with Folty and don't thing he's a top of the rotation pitcher. He just throws too many pitches and doesn't go deep enough into games. Last night was a prime example. He just has location issues and will get to 100 pitches by the 6th (last night couldn't even get out of the 5th) and issues way too many walks. He's got good stuff but just can't put it all together.

I know Glavine really gets on Folty for pitch counts. But that seems to be a problem with most of the Braves pitchers honestly. Without looking up pitch stats it seems most of them are trying to live on the outside of the plate which can very easily up the pitch count. I assume they are being coached this but would like to see more inside work mixed in too.

Let me add Glavine has talked about Folty's attitude as well on more than one occasion. I get the feeling behind the scenes Folty may be a bit of an ass honestly and doesn't take advice well.

Last edited:
Let me add Glavine has talked about Folty's attitude as well on more than one occasion. I get the feeling behind the scenes Folty may be a bit of an ass honestly and doesn't take advice well.

There have been a few stories on his attitude, and I get that impression as well. As to the pitch count, yes they all run high, but Folty is hitting 100 an inning earlier than everyone else on a consistent basis, he rarely gets through the 6th inning. Most of the other starters can at least get through 6.

I was about to make a ho-hit post but the Braves broke through in the 7th. I was hoping last night was the anomaly but I might have been mistaken .
They had their chances ... could not get the hit they needed. Not sure why you pinch hit Perez for Albies...

They had their chances ... could not get the hit they needed. Not sure why you pinch hit Perez for Albies...

He wasn't pinch hitting, that was from a double switch earlier. Camargo was left in after pinch hitting in the 9th. So, Albies was out after the top of the 9th.

On the bright side, Acuna got called up and will be with the team tonight.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT