ADVERTISEMENT

Braves 2018

Walks continue to plague Atlanta pitchers ... now 4-4.

Last edited by a moderator:
Acuna's homerun was a moonshot. It's already on Twitter on the Braves account, I'd link but Twitter is blocked at work.

14 :D
10 :(

2-2 in Cincy, meh. They seriously should have swept them though!

It would have taken some balls to throw it back on the field. But yeah I'm holding until someone offers cash.

Was watching the Noles on the computer before switching it over to the Braves. Why did Teheran come out after 3 innings and 43 pitches?
Not sure exactly, but in the first three innings or so he only threw one fast ball ... his pitches were mostly in the mid to low 80’s .... odd for him.

And that Atlanta bullpen makes me nervous.

Reactions: DFSNOLE
The Bravos make the top ten of the MLB.com power rankings. Not too shabby for a team picked to finish near the bottom of the league. Gotta give Snit a lot of credit for this start.

17 :D
11 :(

https://www.mlb.com/news/astros-move-atop-mlb-power-rankings/c-274650566

All the comments about having some of the more talented players in the minors the last few years is really showing up now.

Even though Ender was beginning to slump a little with hitting and not guarding the plate on 2 strikes and watching the 3rd, I don't like his move to batting 9th. I know he has done well since this move but when faced with a hot pitcher Ender may not get an at bat until the 3rd inning. I love the speed of this team and how Snitker is allowing and demanding them to be aggressive on the bases. Even if it costs you a few outs this philosophy puts a lot of pressure on other teams and half of the Braves line up is extremely fast with the other half able to get extra bases at any moment, Suzuki being the exception.

This is one fun team to watch.

All the comments about having some of the more talented players in the minors the last few years is really showing up now.

Even though Ender was beginning to slump a little with hitting and not guarding the plate on 2 strikes and watching the 3rd, I don't like his move to batting 9th. I know he has done well since this move but when faced with a hot pitcher Ender may not get an at bat until the 3rd inning. I love the speed of this team and how Snitker is allowing and demanding them to be aggressive on the bases. Even if it costs you a few outs this philosophy puts a lot of pressure on other teams and half of the Braves line up is extremely fast with the other half able to get extra bases at any moment, Suzuki being the exception.

This is one fun team to watch.
Agreed! They are fast and fun! Let's hope they can keep this going as long as possible without burning out. It's a loooong season. But so far so good for the baby Braves. They have twice as many wins right now than I thought they'd have to start the season.

Let's go Braves!

giphy.gif

Baby Braves growing up fast, take 1st in NL East

By Bill Ladson MLB.com @ladsonbill24
1:10 AM ET

• NEW YORK -- Sean Newcomb has long been regarded as the kind of pitcher who might someday become a frontline starter on a contending team. On Wednesday night at Citi Field, "someday" seemed awfully soon, as the young left-hander pitched like an ace for a first-place team.

Newcomb pitched a gem, tossing seven brilliant innings and helping the Braves blank the Mets, 7-0.

View Full Game Coverage
    Thanks to the best game of Newcomb's young career, Atlanta now finds itself in first place, a half-game ahead of New York in the National League East. It's the latest in a season that the Braves have been atop the division since July 2014. And although it's early May, manager Brian Snitker believes it's a big deal.

"The schedule that we faced the first month of the season, man, it's just like every night, it seems we are facing [Noah] Syndergaard, [Jacob] deGrom or [Max] Scherzer or [Stephen] Strasburg," Snitker said. "It keeps coming at you. There are really good teams. I'm proud of the way the guys have hung in there. We have been competitive. We have been in every game. We give ourselves a chance to win."

With Newcomb locked in, the Mets never posed a real threat. New York had runners in scoring position just twice, both times with two outs. Newcomb allowed two hits, struck out eight batters and walked only one. He retired the last 14 hitters he faced and threw 97 pitches.

https://www.mlb.com/news/sean-newcomb-pitches-7-shutout-innings/c-274936816

Another monster blast by acuna .... 451 ‘ upper deck ... markakis has a single, double and now a home run. 6-0 Atlanta lead top of the fifth. Ny fans coming with the boos

That was one of the most impressive three game road sweeps in recent memory. The Braves entered the series down to the Mets 1.5 games in the standings and leave 1.5 games up in 1st place. Outscored them 21-2. Had 41 hits in the 3 games. Had an ERA of 0.67 including consecutive shutouts (when the Mets hadn't been shutout all season).

Truly amazing.

19 :D

Reactions: SoddyNole
That was one of the most impressive three game road sweeps in recent memory. The Braves entered the series down to the Mets 1.5 games in the standings and leave 1.5 games up in 1st place. Outscored them 21-2. Had 41 hits in the 3 games. Had an ERA of 0.67 including consecutive shutouts (when the Mets hadn't been shutout all season).

Truly amazing.

Agree ... the bats were alive and the starting pitching was outstanding.

Reactions: SoddyNole

Truly amazing.

and you yet you have to love this headline and how the series bothered an obvious Mets fan who writes for SI!

https://www.si.com/mlb/2018/05/03/mets-braves-julio-teheran-outing

:D:D:D

ADVERTISEMENT