ADVERTISEMENT

Braves - 2022

On another note, it's a bit depressing that even Alacantra couldn't beat the Mets last night...despite being staked to a three run lead following the first inning.
I wonder if the Marlins will fire Mattingly ... they seemed headed in a good direction two years ago.

The Mets look really good right now ... maybe they have finally found the right pieces.

Reactions: NoleLizards
I wonder if the Marlins will fire Mattingly ... they seemed headed in a good direction two years ago.

The Mets look really good right now ... maybe they have finally found the right pieces.
The Marlins got to .500 before the break only to be hit with an ungodly rash of injuries to key players (Chisholm, Anderson, and Berti). IMO it would be quite unfair for them to can Mattingly right now given the mitigating circumstances.

It’s somewhat concerning that there hasn’t been any word on Albies. Will be telling what they do at the deadline if he comes back this year or not.

Anderson gave up one hit and struck out nine in six innings tonight. Apparently the talk about sending him down to Gwinnett lit a much needed fire under his backside.

Reactions: JonScott
Getting the sweep was big considering the Mets didn’t lose this week. Big week coming up, can bury the Phil’s in the wildcard and then overtake the Mets for first in the division.

Glad to see a Braves thread on here. I’m a die hard Bravos fan. Lost my mind at Game 4 of the WS last year in Truist. Heading to NYC and Boston to catch the series against the Mets and Red Sox later this week.

Reactions: HilltopperNole
Couple late night moves. Grabbed Robbie Grossman from the Tigers for a minor leaguer. Figure he will platoon with Rosario in LF.

Traded Will Smith to Houston for Jake Odorizzi. I like the move figuring Smith couldn’t get ours anymore and Kirby Yates coming back soon. Odorizzi isn’t great but can eat up some innings.

Couple late night moves. Grabbed Robbie Grossman from the Tigers for a minor leaguer. Figure he will platoon with Rosario in LF.

Traded Will Smith to Houston for Jake Odorizzi. I like the move figuring Smith couldn’t get ours anymore and Kirby Yates coming back soon. Odorizzi isn’t great but can eat up some innings.
Isn't Grossman a switch-hitter?? I see he hit 23 bombs last season but he's struggled at the plate this year.

The Odorizzi move was a bit surprising since I wasn't expecting the Astros to be dumping assets...but I like it!

Just did some more research... Turns out that Grossman is hitting .368 from the right side (albeit in only 77 AB) and .281 career. So yes, a platoon with Rosario is in the cards.

Washington agrees to trade both Soto and Bell to the Padres! Washington is a train wreck. And the Padres are desperately trying to keep pace with the Dodgers.

I see Atlanta traded with the Nats to bring back Adrianza.

The Padres just traded for Drury. Apparently money's no object for them.

Seems like if you’re hitting between .170 and .220 you’re an acquisition candidate for the Braves.

• Haha
Rosario's beginning to heat up and just at the right time! This is a huge stretch of games.

Strider with another outstanding effort last night. He has been an astonishing addition to the starting rotation. Did he spend much time in the minors?

Morton on the mound today with a surprising 5-5 record and an era of 4.34. His history on the mound this season has been mostly solid pitching with, always, one bad inning. I thought he would be more dominating.

I get the same feeling trying to catch the Mets that I did last year when the Braves were trying to get to .500... It's just a bridge too far.

I get the same feeling trying to catch the Mets that I did last year when the Braves were trying to get to .500... It's just a bridge too far.
This year's version of the Mets is much better than last year's ... better pitching, better hitting. Last year looked hopeless for the Braves but they went on a winning streak and the Mets slumped. The Braves are in a better position this year than last, but it just looks like they are not as good as the Mets. A five-game series in New York? The Braves would be more than fortunate to take three of those games.

Big series begins tonight … still do not like Olson in the 3 slot.

Acuna, Swanson, Olson and Riley were a combined 1-15 last night. The Braves are not going to fare well against the Mets with such anemic at bats from 1-4. Acuna needs to get on base more often ... even with the home run he is struggling at the plate. Swanson and Riley have been productive most of the year so we can hope last night was something of an aberration. I am not a big fan of Olson, who has not come close to replacing the production of FF, especially in the 3 slot.

Update on Albies and Soroka:

Ozzie Albies played catch Wednesday and will begin ramping up baseball activity over the next few weeks. Albies will need a rehab assignment and there is still no target date for his return, but it does look like he will be back before the end of the regular season.

There haven’t been many updates on Mike Soroka since his progress was halted after taking a line drive off the knee. Snitker said that Soroka will begin throwing in simulated games, but there is still no timetable for when he might be ready to begin a rehab assignment.

Reactions: DFSNOLE
Braves up 6-0, second inning Braves still at bat. Now that’s a little better….

Anderson is just not pitching well and watching him gives me indigestion … now 8-5 good grief.

• Sad
First game of double header… some ugly pitching by the Braves … Odirizi struggled but left down 3-0 …. Matzek and Elder have given up 5 runs in 2 1/3 innings, at least three of those runs from walks and a hit batter. 8-2 in the top of the eighth. If Mets win this game they will have won 4 of the last 6 against the Braves.

• Sad
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT