ADVERTISEMENT

Baseball Braves 2023

Hope so. While the Bravos win, the Mets keep losing. Maybe we could build up an insurmountable lead by the All-Star break?
Too early for me to get too overconfident. Wright's been put on the 15 day IL and seems to have recurring problems with his shoulder. The bullpen is shaky to say the least, but hopefully Iglesias returning soon can shore that up.

Meanwhile the Phillies arguably have the best lineup in baseball with Harper back earlier than expected, and we all saw what they're capable of doing last October. The early lead is nice, but the Braves just need to keep their noses to the grindstone and continue to play solid ball.

^ This. I don't know anything about Baltimore, but they are playing some really good ball so far. I hope they don't see "Baltimore" on the schedule and take them lightly. If their pitcher is on tonight and living on the corners, they need to switch the mindset from homer ball to small ball.

I didn't realize until this morning a curious factoid about the Braves this year. At home, they're a .500 team (7-7). But on the road they're 12 over (15-3). If they can keep that up and start winning at home, this could end up as an incredible year. Best record in the NL so far, and overall only 4 games behind the Rays, who I don't understand can be doing what they're doing with what they've got.

Too early for me to get too overconfident. Wright's been put on the 15 day IL and seems to have recurring problems with his shoulder. The bullpen is shaky to say the least, but hopefully Iglesias returning soon can shore that up.

Meanwhile the Phillies arguably have the best lineup in baseball with Harper back earlier than expected, and we all saw what they're capable of doing last October. The early lead is nice, but the Braves just need to keep their noses to the grindstone and continue to play solid ball.
The bullpen is unnerving. Last night's one-run win was a pleasant surprise, especially after Minter had given up a much more comfortable 4-run lead in the ninth days ago.

I think Ozuna's last few days have been a fluke and he is who he's been for the last two years.

But if it isn't and he returns to 2020 form where he was the best hitter in baseball then this lineup will be unreal.

Good outing from Dodd, I think with Wright's reoccurring injuries and elder being somewhat fools gold someone from the minors is going to have to step up.

^ This. I don't know anything about Baltimore, but they are playing some really good ball so far. I hope they don't see "Baltimore" on the schedule and take them lightly. If their pitcher is on tonight and living on the corners, they need to switch the mindset from homer ball to small ball.
All I really know about Baltimore is that they score a lot of runs. Hopefully Fried has his A game this evening.

Reactions: CC0492
I really think we need to start keeping it on the down low when the Braves are doing well. 😐

Wow, what a series with the O's! Wouldn't mind seeing these two go at it in October.

Reactions: seminoleed
Good series win against a very good Orioles club. Those two relievers, Cano and Bautista, are frightening.

Reactions: NoleLizards
Ran into a Buzzsaw last night. Toronto was playing at a championship winning level last night.

Braves' bullpen:

Dumpster Fire GIF by MOODMAN

Certainly a bummer of a week. Bullpen has issues and hopefully we can weather the storm of starters being hurt.

Minter needs a IL stint. H struggled in 2021, goes on IL and gets right in Gwinnett, maybe try that again.

Yates, Chavez, Jimenez and Young all scare me.

Man pitching is a mess right now. Dodd wasn't horrible but isn't the answer. Bullpen is horrible with maybe 2-3 guys you can rely on to get outs. Too early to make any trades and you don't have much trade capital.

Looks like a Soroka return is near, possibly end of may.

Another guy has been tearing up the minors and beginning in AAA, Smith-Shaver but don't think he will be big league ready this season.

Reactions: JonScott
Nice come-from-behind win last night against Texas ... though I admit a little trepidation when Iglesias began the ninth with three straight balls and no strikes.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT