ADVERTISEMENT

How's the heat in your town this week?

Same here in N. Texas and just the usual heat. Already had a 100* day and Summer starts tomorrow.
This heat is normal. Humidity has been a little higher than normal. Started up the sprinkler system yesterday. I think our rainy season is over.

It's 90+ degrees near Washington D.C. with a brutal sun. It almost feels like Florida.

How about your town?
94F here in New Hampshire...........pretty hot for this area. I went for an open water swim this morning with a friend in our town pond and it was already hot...............but it felt great.

This was 3 weeks ago.

DALLAS — Severe storms brought heightened wind speeds to North Texas on Tuesday morning.

Numerous areas saw peak wind gusts reach over 70 mph, with The Colony even reaching an intense 95 mph.

Below is a list of some of the highest winds speeds recorded around North Texas:

• Denton: 83 mph
  • Valley Ranch: 80 mph
  • DFW Airport: 77 mph
  • Love Field: 75 mph
  • Little Elm 77 mph
  • Arlington: 77 mph
  • Sachse: 73 mph
  • The Colony: 95 mph
  • Mabank: 70 mph
  • Lavon: 76 mph
  • Richardson: 76 mph
  • Irving: 71 mph
  • Saint Paul: 70 mph
  • Henderson: 70 mph
  • Double Oak: 86 mph

These dangerous wind speeds reportedly caused significant damage resulting in power outages, downed trees and more across the DFW area.

Dallas County officials issued a disaster declaration Tuesday morning as thousands of residents lost their power.

According to Dallas County Judge Clay Jenkins, the county anticipates that this could be a multi-day power outage for a large number of Oncor customers.

Last week I was in Oregon, and the highs were in the 60s. This week back in California, the highs have been in the low 70s. West coast doing west coast things.
I remember back in 2019 and staying at my folks house in Chico. It was 103. We left in the motorhome and went to Winchester Bay on the Oregon coast. I was in the mid 60's. As you went east, Oregon got hotter.

Reactions: billanole
We just snuck over 80 briefly.
That sounds wonderful.
Back when we were living in Dallas the August weather got the best of us one year. I walked into a travel agent’s office (remember those?) and walked out with a one week package to Lake Tahoe. Airfare to Reno, rental car and a condo on the lake.
Temp was 106 when we took off from DFW and when we got to our condo the temperature was 80. Snow still in small spots on top of the mountains. One whole week in heaven. Kids wore sweatshirts at night. Still one of my favorite vacations.

100 degrees this weekend near Washington D.C. because of climate change.

Oy.

Another D.C. area/resident Nole here----I am 74 years old and raised in Tallahassee/30 years in the Marine Corps serving in every armpit in the world----my observation on climate "change": June/July=HOT, January/February=COLD-it has never changed until Al Gore made an industry of it!!

100 degrees this weekend near Washington D.C. because of climate change.

Oy.

So, it's hot in the summer not even record heat and it's because of climate change? Here's some cold water for your theory. Was it climate change in 88 too?

For the first time since Aug. 15, 2016, Washington reached the century mark today. This ends the fifth longest streak on record without a day so hot.
The high so far of 100 incredibly is not the record for the date, which is 101 in 1988 (the second hottest daily record this early in the summer). It is the earliest in the year the city has reached 100 since 2011 when it reached 102 on the 9th of June. The earliest it has hit 100 in the city is June 5.

• Haha
Reactions: F4Gary
I think it will. How do you like your EV?
Me too. It's called a cycle. When this one is over it will cool down again. The thing is with our 100 or so years of data we dont know how long of a cycle it is. But if we all switch to EV's maybe we can stop this now then cry about how cold it gets. If it gets too cold though we can warm the planet with all the lithium battery fires.

It's interesting too that all the folks on here pushing EV use none of them have said they actually drive one.

Me too. It's called a cycle. When this one is over it will cool down again. The thing is with our 100 or so years of data we dont know how long of a cycle it is. But if we all switch to EV's maybe we can stop this now then cry about how cold it gets. If it gets too cold though we can warm the planet with all the lithium battery fires.

It's interesting too that all the folks on here pushing EV use none of them have said they actually drive one.
They’re out riding their bicycles.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT