ADVERTISEMENT

Matt Lauer...gonezo

Uh NO I am 51 and have never even considered doing the things that these guys have done. Really pathetic how so many of these so called men act.
Taken out of context....

Give me a camera crew and full access, I can find you someone doing something wrong or paint a picture you are.

Probably a theoretical for another thread. Carry on.

Ummm, she has dudes show her their dingalings for a living.

Also close with friends with nurses and the stories they tell over drinks, make me blush and walk away, then come back out of their sheer honesty and brutality.

Seriously kc, Ive noticed a theme in your posts about this and just wondering what happened in your life that makes you so staunch and opiniated? Dont have to go into much details and seriously not busting your balls, but Id really like to know, maybe put some gravity to your posts.

I think partly because I was abused as an adolescent for years and almost no one believed me, so I understand what it's like to live under a power structure that you can't control and the things you sometimes have to do and even go along with to keep it from being worse. You learn to keep quiet, endure as much as you can, placate your abusers and hope they'll simply not take it any further as long as you don't make too much of a fuss because when you fight back they'll crush you.

Also, I now realize that I lived most of my life as a White, Christian, Heterosexual, Male convinced of my goodness and that my arguments that everyone else was simply weak and didn't want to work for it as hard as I did were completely true. Then some things began to change (Primarily my religion which covered so much of what I saw the world through fell away) and I met a large number of people who told me their stories, and for the first time I listened, and was horrified at how my every day "Good" actions hurt them. Some of them were personal friends who finally shared how I had hurt them and been unwilling to be aware. I had always vowed to never hurt someone the way I'd been hurt, and here I was, doing so and completely unaware making the same arguments I see made over and over and over when I push back.

Now I want to work to make a better world and help to lift others up to the same level of equality as the White, Christian, Heterosexual, Male has always had in America. Unfortunately I admit to doing a poor job sometimes of communicating. I'm still angry over the entire system I was a part of who taught me to do the things I did, and I see that system still running much of this world. Honestly I want to burn the whole thing down, but I know that's not possible or realistic. So I'm trying to learn how to talk about these things in a way that will actually engender conversation, but my anger does still seep through.

I'm trying to learn.

Matt Lauer was sexting interns who worked for him and demanding sex from employees
694940094001_5662362690001_5662337232001-vs.jpg

Army veteran claims Sen. Al Franken groped her breast during 2003 USO tour
R9neUMUG

Rep. Conyers hospitalized for stress-related illness, family says
DP40C3XX4AAVRHG.jpg

I can see the possibility that this thing is going to stretch over into "asking for a date" territory that would be in a gray area. But so far, that's just not the case. The things that are coming out are really awful on almost all of these guys.

Hopefully the movement keeps it on these type of cases, and not stretch it into "he asked me for a date and it made me uncomfortable" or "he said my new haircut was nice and I felt threatened."

So far, I haven't seen that happening, which would be a first for most moral hysteria pretty much. No need to over-define it until everything is sexual harrassment, rendering nothing sexual harassment.

God knows there appears to be no end to true horror stories. I knew stuff like this went on, but I'll own up that I never would have believed it on this level, with these types of individuals. Weinstein was not shocking, because he's kind of a wild card...but man, it's crazy what some of these people were able to get away with, or thought they could. I know some people have been trying to say this is life for working women for some time, but God bless those finally coming out with their stories.

Reactions: kc78
Can we at least use all this stuff to tell Hollywood to STFU next time some actor tries to preach about morality. Im not making this about left v right but shows that celebrities need to just be quiet.

Taken out of context....

Give me a camera crew and full access, I can find you someone doing something wrong or paint a picture you are.

Probably a theoretical for another thread. Carry on.

Don't disagree with you there; but we are not talking about things "out of context'. There is nothing out of context about raping a woman, showing her your junk, touching her etc. and that is what these guys did; all while many of them lectured the general public about how we should do things or live our life. Go goggle how little Matt trashed Trump or O'rielly while at the same time he is doing the same thing; that is a special kind of predator right there.

Reactions: ReliableOstrich
lol, Trump is trashing Matt on Twitter right now while he has over a dozen accusations against him.

Belem I know we will never agree on much; but hopefully you can see a difference in a guy like Trump who has been accused and trashed for a while now and then a guy like little Matt who played the high and mighty media card but has been doing the same thing he crushes people for. To me it is similar to a LE official arresting me for smoking pot while he is getting high everyday.

Reactions: Urban Cryer
Belem I know we will never agree on much; but hopefully you can see a difference in a guy like Trump who has been accused and trashed for a while now and then a guy like little Matt who played the high and mighty media card but has been doing the same thing he crushes people for. To me it is similar to a LE official arresting me for smoking pot while he is getting high everyday.
Matt didn't play the high and mighty card. By all accounts he avoided doing stories on cheating spouses because everyone knew he was a cheating spouse. It was no secret he was a pig. Trump is a pig too, he just isn't as self aware as Lauer was about it.

Reactions: noleclone2
Matt didn't play the high and mighty card. By all accounts he avoided doing stories on cheating spouses because everyone knew he was a cheating spouse. It was no secret he was a pig. Trump is a pig too, he just isn't as self aware as Lauer was about it.

Fair enough go ahead and google it if you want. I will leave it alone for fear of a RC lock. Thanks

No, they're both disgusting human beings. Only one is being punished for it's indiscretions however.

CNN Head Jeff Zucker Knew About Complaints Against Lauer
Zucker currently heads CNN, but previously served as CEO of NBC and was President and CEO of NBC Universal.

DP_ElswWAAAcero.jpg

Reactions: FSUTribe76
On to the next one: Mario Batali

https://www.thecut.com/2017/12/mario-batali-steps-down-sexual-misconduct-accusations.html

“I apologize to the people I have mistreated and hurt. Although the identities of most of the individuals mentioned in these stories have not been revealed to me, much of the behavior described does, in fact, match up with ways I have acted. That behavior was wrong and there are no excuses. I take full responsibility and am deeply sorry for any pain, humiliation or discomfort I have caused to my peers, employees, customers, friends and family.”

On to the next one: Mario Batali

https://www.thecut.com/2017/12/mario-batali-steps-down-sexual-misconduct-accusations.html

“I apologize to the people I have mistreated and hurt. Although the identities of most of the individuals mentioned in these stories have not been revealed to me, much of the behavior described does, in fact, match up with ways I have acted. That behavior was wrong and there are no excuses. I take full responsibility and am deeply sorry for any pain, humiliation or discomfort I have caused to my peers, employees, customers, friends and family.”

You posted that as I was typing my thread on it. So jinx!

Interesting that Batali is immediately owning it and apologizing rather than saying it never happened.

I think that's your only play, especially if you know it happened. America, in the long run, is a forgiving place as long as you seem to be truly contrite and willing to learn and make amends. The only place it seems you can get away with taking a hardened stance right now is in certain political areas. Everywhere else is seeming to take these very seriously right now (I don't have hope that that will continue much longer however) and taking the I'm a victim approach, isn't getting you anywhere.

I think that's your only play, especially if you know it happened. America, in the long run, is a forgiving place as long as you seem to be truly contrite and willing to learn and make amends. The only place it seems you can get away with taking a hardened stance right now is in certain political areas. Everywhere else is seeming to take these very seriously right now (I don't have hope that that will continue much longer however) and taking the I'm a victim approach, isn't getting you anywhere.
I do think there is another play, the Moore/Trump angle could just as easily be taken by a chef or celeb. Defiantly claim you're being targeted by "enemies". There are enough people in America who thing #metoo is a negative force, part of a imaginary "war on men", who'd back you.

So far every celeb accused has yielded via confession, resignation, or ouster. I'll be interested to see if one of them tries the Moore/Trump "strategy" and how it works out. You're career as a chef/actor/whatever is basically done if you confess, if you've got the backbone and lack of ethics for it, it's perhaps one of the few ways to hang on to a shred of your career.

I do think there is another play, the Moore/Trump angle could just as easily be taken by a chef or celeb. Defiantly claim you're being targeted by "enemies". There are enough people in America who thing #metoo is a negative force, part of a imaginary "war on men", who'd back you.

So far every celeb accused has yielded via confession, resignation, or ouster. I'll be interested to see if one of them tries the Moore/Trump "strategy" and how it works out. You're career as a chef/actor/whatever is basically done if you confess, if you've got the backbone and lack of ethics for it, it's perhaps one of the few ways to hang on to a shred of your career.

No, I don't think that strategy works for anyone else. That's working because of identity politics. There are people who feel like this is their voice, their only voice, and they're going to refuse to give it up, whatever that requires that they tell themselves.

I just don't think that applies to a chef. Not many people are that invested from an identity standpoint. How many people even go to a Batali restaurant a year anyway, let alone would identify being a fan of Batali as one of their main driving traits?

Someone like that is going to get dropped from the media either way, deny or not, so there's no sense in denying.

Probably sports, and maybe a very small handful of niches in the entertainment world, will there be so much personal investment in a personality that denial could be worth it.

No, I don't think that strategy works for anyone else. That's working because of identity politics. There are people who feel like this is their voice, their only voice, and they're going to refuse to give it up, whatever that requires that they tell themselves.

I just don't think that applies to a chef. Not many people are that invested from an identity standpoint. How many people even go to a Batali restaurant a year anyway, let alone would identify being a fan of Batali as one of their main driving traits?

Someone like that is going to get dropped from the media either way, deny or not, so there's no sense in denying.

Probably sports, and maybe a very small handful of niches in the entertainment world, will there be so much personal investment in a personality that denial could be worth it.
Fair point w/ chefs. Agreed.

Athletes, coaches, and comedians maybe three celeb professions where you could potentially get away with this.
Could also see traders and hedge fund PM type folks being able to do this as well.

Fair point w/ chefs. Agreed.

Athletes, coaches, and comedians maybe three celeb professions where you could potentially get away with this.
Could also see traders and hedge fund PM type folks being able to do this as well.
I think some athletes could deny, deny, deny especially at college institutions where identity runs so strong with fanbases. But I don't think it does as well with restauranteurs. I think it only works well in politics, religion, and maybe athletics to some degree.

What is it with these dudes surprising women by showing them their weenis?

Like is that a thing us guys do that I was never told about?

What about that seems arousing or like a good idea.
Well, you are kinda reliable. Almost like a soccer fan...

Soon women will be replaced by robots in the workplace so this won't be a problem in the future.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT