ADVERTISEMENT

Matt Lauer...gonezo

I did laugh at whatever she referred to his two finger move as...wasn’t it the name is a dinosaur or something?

You may be confusing it with the Stinger. Not sure this particular move has a brand name. If it does, I need to know about it. :)

Reactions: billanole
You may be confusing it with the Stinger. Not sure this particular move has a brand name. If it does, I need to know about it. :)

the-shocker.jpg

Reactions: JohnnieHolmesNole
I was actually surprised that the movement stayed on topic focusing on real harrassment/assault as long as it did before a story like this got publicized.

If you're a man that doesn't like the new atmosphere of not being able to abuse women, this Ansari story is your dream come true, to discredit the whole movement and incite even "progressive" men to push back. Honestly, this would be a brilliant counter-operation to get published if you're a powerful man in Hollywood afraid your skeletons are going to come out. If you can make everything abuse, then nothing is abuse.

Glad to see a pretty strong stance by many that support the general goals of the movement to discredit this woman's charges, but its not enough. Real victims, and real supporters of this movement, need to line up AGAINST this sort of thing unequivocally to make the point they're not just hysterical jilted women. We'll see if they do.

As I said, I was actually impressed with how long they managed to keep it on point before it got stupid. We'll see how it goes from here...it's up to the activists to decide if they run the movement into the ground by embracing stupid charges like this, or if they keep it on actual abuse.

So what's the protocol for this situation? Am I supposed to believe the victim or am I supposed to wait for more information to come out? What's the Me Too take on situations like this when someone accuses someone of something like this?

So what's the protocol for this situation? Am I supposed to believe the victim or am I supposed to wait for more information to come out? What's the Me Too take on situations like this when someone accuses someone of something like this?
I saw it mentioned in another thread, but since in this case it's an adult woman with an underaged boy, the appropriate response is congratulations and high-fives.

Okay, that's just kinda low. You're blaming the guy who can't deny the charge because he committed suicide? Holy wow.

No exit compensation. Nice. About time that became a thing.
https://www.businessinsider.com/leslie-moonves-net-worth-cbs-2018-9

Les Moonves, one of the highest-paid CEOs in the US, leaves CBS with a net worth of $700 million

Moonves was one of the highest-paid CEOs in the US, thanks to a compensation package of cash, restricted shares and stock options worth $57 million in 2014, Forbes reported. He's worth an estimated $700 million.

CNBC reported on Thursday that the board was considering giving him a $100 million exit package, but CBS said in its Sunday statement that Moonves would not receive any severance benefits at this time, pending the results of an independent investigation.

Something tells me he'll be ok.

How's the poor guy supposed to live off $700 million???
Turns out he might still be 'eligible' for a $120m separation check, pending results of CBS' external investigation.

If CBS can terminate him for-cause, which I suppose is easier said than done (?), then he won't get paid. He'll still have that $700m laying around though.

Reactions: Lurker1999
I continue to be shocked this hasn't thoroughly pervaded the worlds of sports and finance.

Appears not all NDAs were created equal.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT