ADVERTISEMENT

Matt Lauer...gonezo

Sadly, she would still be harassed...
I'm beginning to wonder if there's something inherently "wrong" with me as a male (low testosterone or whatever) since I've never felt the urge to impose myself sexually on an unwilling female.

Reactions: Manch.
I'm beginning to wonder if there's something inherently "wrong" with me as a male (low testosterone or whatever) since I've never felt the urge to impose myself sexually on an unwilling female.

Why?

Because it seems most men are (at least allegedly) harassers of some sort. I wonder what's in my physiology where such behavior doesn't even occur to me. Maybe it's because I'm introverted by nature and don't tend to initiate social interactions in general.

Reactions: speechteach
Because it seems most men are (at least allegedly) harassers of some sort. I wonder what's in my physiology where such behavior doesn't even occur to me. Maybe it's because I'm introverted by nature and don't tend to initiate social interactions in general.

I would suggest that it's a small minority of men that harass and belittle women.

I would suggest that it's a small minority of men the harass and belittle women.
One wouldn't know it from all of the public figures in the news for (at least allegedly) being outed for it on daily basis.

merlin_131316710_ef0c30d9-134d-47a3-a13a-c300254e91a2-master768.jpg

JBBDZ546T47RPOX6BYYKP7AQGY.jpg

AND

DRIMxO5UQAAQe1E.jpg:large

Last edited:
chris-matthews_c14-0-626-357_s885x516.jpg

NBC Made Payment To Staffer After Sexual Harassment Claim Against Chris Matthews

Last edited:
People who are A type personalities are far more likely to go way across the line with women beneath them as it feeds their ego in a way that they need. If you look at every man who's been outed, they're almost all the "A" types.

Now, that doesn't mean that other men don't flirt with that line. I'm nowhere near that line and I've flirted with areas that could be troublesome once or twice in the past. Generally when she "opened" the door first, but it was still inappropriate. I think a lot of men are doing a lot of thinking about things we don't think twice about and realizing that women sometimes give the impression they're ok because they don't see other real options and maybe in the workplace we need to be overly cautious in interactions with others, especially in relation to sexual conversations of any type.

Reactions: ReliableOstrich
People who are A type personalities are far more likely to go way across the line with women beneath them as it feeds their ego in a way that they need. If you look at every man who's been outed, they're almost all the "A" types.

Now, that doesn't mean that other men don't flirt with that line. I'm nowhere near that line and I've flirted with areas that could be troublesome once or twice in the past. Generally when she "opened" the door first, but it was still inappropriate. I think a lot of men are doing a lot of thinking about things we don't think twice about and realizing that women sometimes give the impression they're ok because they don't see other real options and maybe in the workplace we need to be overly cautious in interactions with others, especially in relation to sexual conversations of any type.

I absolutely agree the "thinking" many men are doing right now is a healthy thing for us all. At the same time we all need to be asking ourselves how do we feel about the women that have used sex (not just the physical act but all that goes with attraction and beauty) to get what they wanted professionally.

I absolutely agree the "thinking" many men are doing right now is a healthy thing for us all. At the same time we all need to be asking ourselves how do we feel about the women that have used sex (not just the physical act but all that goes with attraction and beauty) to get what they wanted professionally.

When that's your only way to the top you take what you can. And while it's unfair to other women who didn't go that route, it's entirely on us as men in leadership to not open those doors. And as we put more women into leadership then it's far less likely to occur. So it seems to me that the solution is to continue diversifying efforts of placing women and men in high levels of leadership within corporations so that good ole boy networks that give a winking disapproval to those things will disappear.

When that's your only way to the top you take what you can. And while it's unfair to other women who didn't go that route, it's entirely on us as men in leadership to not open those doors. And as we put more women into leadership then it's far less likely to occur. So it seems to me that the solution is to continue diversifying efforts of placing women and men in high levels of leadership within corporations so that good ole boy networks that give a winking disapproval to those things will disappear.

I don't necessarily mean in terms of getting to the top but rather the transactional nature of so many jobs. Sales, community relations, etc. These aren't about "getting to the top" but rather "getting what I want" by trading on attraction and sex.

I also think you underestimate the number of women that have power and sexually exploit men under them.

I don't necessarily mean in terms of getting to the top but rather the transactional nature of so many jobs. Sales, community relations, etc. These aren't about "getting to the top" but rather "getting what I want" by trading on attraction and sex.

I also think you underestimate the number of women that have power and sexually exploit men under them.

There is no shortage of attractive women in pharma and med device sales.

Reactions: RTM58

Sales is a weird profession. I'm terrible at it. Part of it has to do with charisma, and to some extent there's some level of flirting (even with same sex sales although not often in a sexual way but in an ego stroking way), but so much of it seems to be completely unethical. So yes, both men and women use everything they have to their advantage in that industry and I'll be honest when I say I don't know what suggestions I'd realistically make there as the whole thing just seems broken.

Surely you're not suggesting the magnitude, scale, or impact of this is anywhere near that of the sexual harassment many women experience?

Also when it comes to sales, it's not just sex that sells. People want to do business with folks they want to be around, hot women, tall men, guys that want to golf, etc... being a short, obese, male minority would perhaps among the worst things in that incredibly flawed profession.

Surely you're not suggesting the magnitude, scale, or impact of this is anywhere near that of the sexual harassment many women experience?

Also when it comes to sales, it's not just sex that sells. People want to do business with folks they want to be around, hot women, tall men, guys that want to golf, etc... being a short, obese, male minority would perhaps among the worst things in that incredibly flawed profession.

I believe they are related- it isn't one or the other but rather a society built on sex. When it is rewarded and expected in one industry it doesn't just stay isolated to that small world.

When that's your only way to the top you take what you can. And while it's unfair to other women who didn't go that route, it's entirely on us as men in leadership to not open those doors. And as we put more women into leadership then it's far less likely to occur.

Hmm...someone is stuck in 1960 gender roles.

maxresdefault.jpg

MSNBC "Morning Joe" co-host Mika Brzezinski

Seriously, women: could you EVER imagine yourself deciding (publicly) to coerce a sexual harassment victim to meet her celebrity harasser so he could apologize? And feeling like that was somehow solving anything?

maxresdefault.jpg

MSNBC "Morning Joe" co-host Mika Brzezinski

Seriously, women: could you EVER imagine yourself deciding (publicly) to coerce a sexual harassment victim to meet her celebrity harasser so he could apologize? And feeling like that was somehow solving anything?

What's the story on this photo? I've opted out of following all this stuff for the holidays so I'm not familiar with it?

Lauer was fired within 24 hours of the complaint. One of two things: he wiped out little matty and asked her to take dictation or he brushed up against her at a cocktail party and NBC saw it as a way to get out of his huge contract whilst looking like are the better network.
Funny thing is he is apparently suing for the rest of his contract and unless he was harassing someone during THIS contract I think he wins.

What's the story on this photo? I've opted out of following all this stuff for the holidays so I'm not familiar with it?
Pretty much what RTM's post said above. MB made some remarks about trying to get Halperin (a friend of hers) and his accusers together so he could apologize.

Pretty much what RTM's post said above. MB made some remarks about trying to get Halperin (a friend of hers) and his accusers together so he could apologize.

Gotcha, yeah Joe and Mika both seem to be as much a part of the problem with America as they are the solution. This is an incredibly tone deaf thought on her part, but that's about par for the course with both of them.

I agree.

She goes down on him as soon as they walk in his apartment, but she says she gave him a lot of “non-verbal cues” that she wasn’t interested.

:confused:

The article was laughable. After admitting to extensive mutual foreplay, she claimed her “non-verbal cues” were ignored. LOL. Only Kreskin himself could see beyond the reciprocal oral sex to realize “oh, wait, this chick’s subjective mental state is different from her inviting and aggressive physical actions....I need to stop.”

Sorry, stuff like this detracts from the bona fide complaints that deserve to be punished.

I did laugh at whatever she referred to his two finger move as...wasn’t it the name is a dinosaur or something?

This crazy lady who is looking for her payday from Ansari is one who gives true victims a bad name. No way that story ever should have seen the light of day.

ADVERTISEMENT