ADVERTISEMENT

Memorial Day Weekend

cornnoleio11

Veteran Seminole Insider
Gold Member
Feb 28, 2007
St. John's, FL
What are your plans? I'll be in Atlanta with the family. Golf Saturday morning, Woodstock area with beers and cigars following. Cooking out on my Brother in Law's Big Green Egg Saturday evening while sipping on Woodford Reserve. Brunch Sunday morning at J. Christopher's after Mass. Braves game in the afternoon.

I'll be putting little American flags on veteran graves you heartless bastard.

Working in the yard, grilling, sleeping in, and remembering all those that have given their lives so I can do just that.

Going to Kentucky to do the bourbon trail, do Mammoth caves and eat some Moonlite BBQ.

Have to work pretty much all weekend

Breaking my tradition of heading home to NC Outer Banks since I'm deployed. So working all weekend however, continuing my annual tradition of Memorial Day Murph Monday morning. First time in 116 degree heat, though! Oh and streaming the NOLES baseball!

Taking my girlfriend to Ireland, and with any luck, will come back an engaged man.

Good luck bruh!

I started the weekend yesterday with a round at East Lake. Might play again tomorrow or Monday. Smoking a pork butt and having folks over for booze, bbq, and swimming on Sunday.

OP - have fun being in the Chattanooga suburbs!

Good luck bruh!

I started the weekend yesterday with a round at East Lake. Might play again tomorrow or Monday. Smoking a pork butt and having folks over for booze, bbq, and swimming on Sunday.

Gracias, my man!

Good luck bruh!

East Lake. Nice. Not sure where I'm playing. Leaving it up to the BIL.

Yeah homey. Ain't na'an wrong with a loop around Bobby Jones' stomping grounds. I don't get out there as often as I'd like -- maybe once or twice a year -- but it's always a special day.

Golf, BBQ, Beach, family will be in town, and if things really go well I may have the chance to sleep in past 8:30 one day.

Put on a little Dylan, pop a brisket into my new Big Green Egg and have a couple Dogfish Head IPAs while lounging by the pool. Probably catch the NBA playoffs too. If the weather's good I'll probably take the boat out. Not sure I'll have time but would love to wash and detail my car.
Damn the locker room is boring these days. Where have all the interesting posts gone?

Unfortunately I have a good deal of work to do before heading to California on Tuesday. Probably burgers and a few pops and try to knockout a couple honey-do's around the house

I am taking the boat out tomorrow with the family, and then heading over to a friend's house afterwards. There we will grill out; drink a bunch of beer; listen to Texas country; and have a great time.

Sunday I have to go to a graduation party for a young lady we know, but after I will crack open some cold ones.

Monday I will be reflecting on all those that have their lives for me, and getting ready for work on Tuesday.

Reactions: West Duval Nole
Follow the same plan I have for a long time. Enjoy extra time with family, BBQ Sunday with family and a number of military buddies, make a toast to our fallen brothers. Used to drink a shot for each one but within a year or 2 of the wars starting that became impossible. Monday I will do manual labor projects around the house all day. I just can't bring myself to chill out on a day created for my fallen brothers; so working hard outside is my way of honoring them. The only thing I dread is if one of my brothers commits suicide.

Reactions: West Duval Nole
Get stuff done around the house on Saturday, maybe BBQ on Sunday. Monday we're driving to Jax for freshman orientation at UNF.

I'm pretty patriotic so I'll probably cruise around town pretending to be a veteran to see how much ass I can crush in one weekend.

Actually the weather here is going to suck so I will be grilling some, drinking some and watching baseball & basketball inside.

Spend time with my family, gym, golf, beach and bbq. On Monday I will attend the laying of the wreath at the memorial and calling the families of some my friends that are no longer with us.

We're heading up to Georgia to check on the family plots. Trying to research the family plantation from the 1800's so I can show the wife. Problem is most of that knowledge died with my father.

Reactions: FSUTribe76
Baseball tournament with my 12 year old Saturday and part of Sunday. If we lose early Sunday, Grayton Beach ?That afternoon. More beach and cooking out Monday.

Reactions: StonevilleIceTea
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT