ADVERTISEMENT

New Footie Thread - Sept 2019

Tomorrow. The Arsenal host the hated ManU in a game that may be the Gunners' defining moment of the season. A win here could be the catalyst to convince the players that they are as good as they sometimes appear. A win tomorrow could very well result in a Top 4 finish before the season is over. A loss could be more damaging in a huge way, especially if the game really isn't close.

One can hope.

COYG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I'll gladly take a draw, myself. 😇

Brighton's doing the Lord's work on this Sunday...About to take down Hotpants!

After that performance, I would think Allison's future with Pewl is in serious jeopardy, and I"m not even sure that Klopp is immune to it either. Peasant supporters are famously loyal, but also notoriously fickle when things aren't going well.

Reactions: NoleLizards
After that performance, I would think Allison's future with Pewl is in serious jeopardy, and I"m not even sure that Klopp is immune to it either. Peasant supporters are famously loyal, but also notoriously fickle when things aren't going well.
♪ Alisson
I know Leicester is killing you
Alisson
Their aim is true ♪

Reactions: seminoleed
The Arsenal with a thorough 4-1 beating of Leeds, and now lie 10th, just 2 points behind Villa and the floundering Hotpants. THings are looking up

Have finally come down from yesterday's rousing comeback by The Arsenal from certain defeat to knocking off Benfica 3-2 and advancing to the final 16 of the Europa League at the death. Rousing, innervating, and glorious!

Reactions: nole31906
Have finally come down from yesterday's rousing comeback by The Arsenal from certain defeat to knocking off Benfica 3-2 and advancing to the final 16 of the Europa League at the death. Rousing, innervating, and glorious!
I was wondering why none of youse guys had commented.

The Arsenal, after an early hiccup, take out Leicester 3-1 away and move back into the top 10. They're making those immediately ahead of them like Spuds and VIlla a little warmer perhaps. Drawing Olympiakos in the Europa may be helpful as well.

Sigh. The Arsenal find yet another creative way to screw up their chances. Draw that feels like a loss to me, and the Gunners will justifiably feel hard done after this one. VAR needs to be discontinued. It rarely gets it right any more.

Well, this was a most satisfying win today for The Arsenal, and it was well-deserved. The Gunners would not quit, even after falling behind to one of the most incredible goals I've ever seen. Even when they went down a man, Hotpants wouldn't quit and damn near got the draw, but a fortuitous header by Gabriel in the waning seconds saved the day.

Now only 4 points behind the Spuds with 9 games to play; I realize the team will focus more on the Europa League now, but I want to see St. Totteringham's Day this year, dammit!

Great day for you Gooners... Not only did you advance in Europa, the Spurs got knocked out as well!

Great day for you Gooners... Not only did you advance in Europa, the Spurs got knocked out as well!

And regular as Ex-Lax, Mou chimes in and says the players "disrespected their jobs." Of course, his tactics had nothing to do with the loss.
I swear, I don't understand how anyone could play for that fatuous narcissist.

Today is probably The Arsenal's last chance to salvage their domestic season. A win over West Ham is a must, which won't be easy at London Stadium given the Hammers' marvelous season this year. Then they need the proper result from Villa/Hotpants. A Villa win would be the best result, but a draw would be beneficial as well. But it's all just noise if the Gunners fall to WH.

Win you rely on own goals to win (or draw), you're in trouble. The Arsenal needs to put all their focus and eggs in the Europa basket, because this Prem season is basically over for them now. No Europe, no St. Totteringham's Day, etc.

For the life of me, I can't understand the lineup Arteta trotted out against Slavia Prague this week in the Europa League. The Arsenal's one hope for any glory this year is the EL, and he sends out a lineup best suited for an FA Cup tie against Chiltentown. Does he really think there's something to still be accomplished this year in the Prem?

Gotta admit I did not see The Arsenal's match today turning out the way it did. Prague had won something like 30 in a row at home, and had scrapped out a 1-1 draw at The Emirates last week. So what do the Gunners do? Score 3 goals in 6 minutes and rout Slavia 4-0, and win on aggregate 5-1.

Next up....Valencia, managed by someone all Gooners love to have--some guy named Emery.

COYG!!!!!!!!!!

Trying to rap my head around this out-of-nowhere Super League. You guys have any thoughts about this?

They have been talking about it for a few years, but I never thought it would get this far. I should have never underestimated greed. I hate the idea and hate Kroenke even more for being a part of it.

Heard today that Atlanta United has been invited to join. They're my guys, and want them to have great success, but the teams in this Super League would any MLS side like the minnows they would be.

Well, tomorrow The Arsenal hosts Brighton, a match they really should win; meanwhile, Spuds head to Leicester in a match that they could conceivably lose (or at least draw). Are the soccer gods closet Gooner fans? Could there yet be a St. Totteringham's Day this season?

Stay tuned!

As much as I hate to say it, Congratulations to Chelsea.

On another note from yesterday, how is it the pundits kept stating how great a coach Pep is, yet were blasting him for his lineup. I get it that he consistently has great teams, but I have to wonder how much of it is based on pure talent. I have made similar comments in the past and continue to wonder just how great some of these managers are when they have the best talent on the field most games. Let's swap Pep & Arteta and see which does better.

Just got tix to see Arsenal in Orlando, in July!

tenor.gif

OK, something is going to have to be done with the Mexican fans. Last night's debacle has to be the final straw, and it has to start with the USSF pressing charges if necessary. Someone is going to get seriously hurt, if not killed. What was an entertaining match from start to finish was ruined by the lack of sportsmanship.

That was sad. Never saw someone on the field convulsing from frantic CPR. Don't know squat about world soccer, but had the game on and that was rough...

Not a big soccer guy but humanity is humanity. Danish soccer star Christian Ericsson went down in a heap on the pitch Saturday afternoon and received CPR on the field surrounded by the Danish soccer team clenching their hands in prayer.

Dear Lord carry Mr. Ericsson and his family
Through this trying time and let the prayers of the family reach your ears for a speedy recovery to the sport he loves.

Mods if this is inappropriate please take it down. Go noles

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT