ADVERTISEMENT

New Footie Thread - Sept 2019

Thank God Eriksen's now awake and in stable condition...This is twice now (Keyontae Johnson) within the past year I've been viewing a sporting event and a player has just collapsed.

Perhaps this is for the best that this occurred with many medical personnel around, and Eriksen can now address a likely previously unknown dangerous condition.

Not a big soccer guy but humanity is humanity. Danish soccer star Christian Ericsson went down in a heap on the pitch Saturday afternoon and received CPR on the field surrounded by the Danish soccer team clenching their hands in prayer.

Dear Lord carry Mr. Ericsson and his family
Through this trying time and let the prayers of the family reach your ears for a speedy recovery to the sport he loves.

Mods if this is inappropriate please take it down. Go noles
Nice thoughts...incredible that an athlete in that condition could be stricken...I know it happens on the basketball court, but soccer players are crazy conditioned....I hope he’s okay, and perhaps one day he can play again, but that’s a lot to ask. Thanks for posting.

Nice thoughts...incredible that an athlete in that condition could be stricken...I know it happens on the basketball court, but soccer players are crazy conditioned....I hope he’s okay, and perhaps one day he can play again, but that’s a lot to ask. Thanks for posting.
agreed hardly ever see a healthy guy standing on the sidelines and drop dead .. looked like the brought him back .. shocking

Thank you, nole. Much love brothers and sisters

Actually bradycardia (slow heart rate) can causes a ton of issues. I started having similar spells at 22 where people basically said it looked like i was dead while the medics were working on me. I was a well trained athlete at the time with a resting heart rate in the 40s. I also have what is called long QT. They said i had about a 60٪ chance to make it out if twenties. Im 41

Actually bradycardia (slow heart rate) can causes a ton of issues. I started having similar spells at 22 where people basically said it looked like i was dead while the medics were working on me. I was a well trained athlete at the time with a resting heart rate in the 40s. I also have what is called long QT. They said i had about a 60٪ chance to make it out if twenties. Im 41
Wow, glad you are doing well. My dad started having spells several years ago and was stubborn about it. Then he fainted while sitting and my mom dragged him to the ER. They put a monitor on him and he was complaining, then passed out again. They rushed him back and found his heart rate at 30. Got a pacemaker the next day and has been fine since. Afterward, he admitted he'd been having these spells for years!

Wow, glad you are doing well. My dad started having spells several years ago and was stubborn about it. Then he fainted while sitting and my mom dragged him to the ER. They put a monitor on him and he was complaining, then passed out again. They rushed him back and found his heart rate at 30. Got a pacemaker the next day and has been fine since. Afterward, he admitted he'd been having these spells for years!
That sounds familiar. Yeah...crazy story. I tell this a lot but im not sure anybody believes me. This originally started happening to me in boone NC. They really didnt know what was up so i got transferred to the Sanger Clinic in Charlotte. My first few days there i did what seemed like a million tests and they are at all hours of the night when the exam rooms are free. I had not slept in about 3 days due to this. They did a test on me called the tilt table. It is basically a stress test to see if your heart speeds up and slows down the way it is supposed to. They start you lying flat and then the table raises you to a weird angle where you heart hangs akwardly. This naturally makes your heart speed up while you are strapped to a table. Then they lay you down flat again and pump you with what is essentially man made adrenaline. When they raised me back up i watched my heart rate jump to like 100+ bpm as there is a screen right there. They also were kind enough to hold a bucket in front of me face as i continued to puke in it. I was a horrid experience. When they took me back to my room it was like 3am. I finally fell asleep my body was so wrecked but i was hooked up to telemetry so within 10 minutes of me falling asleep about 4 nurses bursted into my room and scared the hell out of me. I asked what was up and they said my heart rate dropped to 22 bpm. The lowest recorded resting heart rate is 27 bpm. That amazes me at times. I actually dont have a pacemaker but i do have what is called a loop monitor. No leads to my heart.

Thank you so much for sharing, nole. I really appreciate it

Thank you so much for sharing, nole. I really appreciate it
Ah no problems mate. It is actually kinda strange to talk about it because after spending a year thinking i might die.... if it werent for the hunk of metal still in my chest i would never think about it these days. Never really gave me too many problems after a few years of routine check ups. Thanks for letting me share

Reactions: SpearMe9090
Have you seen the new USMNT away kits released today? Lord, this is beyond ugly. Looks almost like stinkin' Gator colors.

• Wow
Reactions: NoleLizards
Have you seen the new USMNT away kits released today? Lord, this is beyond ugly. Looks almost like stinkin' Gator colors.

Awful!

On a positive note, did you ever think you'd see a fast Italian side?? Their counter is lightning quick!

Awful!

On a positive note, did you ever think you'd see a fast Italian side?? Their counter is lightning quick!
This entire tournament has been fun to watch; top sides are definitely super good, and there's only a couple of chumps that are guaranteed wins. England/Scotland could be a match that demands watching, and with Wales looking like they're ready to make another run the mother country is looking strong. I still think it's France's tournament to lose, but then again, it is France......

• Haha
I have renewed the Fantasy Premier League. Anyone is invited to join. No money involved, just for fun. The league code is 2cliln.

Yikes! Lo, how the mighty have fallen.

Losing to Citeh was expected; losing 5-0, however, wasn't, and it's unacceptable. I suspect The Arsenal will have a new manager by next week--Arteta has been given a lot of rope, and appears to have strangled himself on it. Sad, as he's a classy guy, but he appears to be in over his head.

• Wow
This thread has been mighty dead, it being three weeks into the season. Guess all of the United fans are off Warchant now. Would love to see their reaction to CR7 returning.

Reactions: seminoleed
Yikes! Lo, how the mighty have fallen.

Losing to Citeh was expected; losing 5-0, however, wasn't, and it's unacceptable. I suspect The Arsenal will have a new manager by next week--Arteta has been given a lot of rope, and appears to have strangled himself on it. Sad, as he's a classy guy, but he appears to be in over his head.
Arsenal's next game is on 9/11 against Norwich. Unfortunately I don't think the club will use the break to replace Arteta, and he will still be on the sideline after the International Break.

IMO, he shouldn't have been hired in the first place. I don't understand the thought behind giving a guy his first Manager job at a big club such as Arsenal. If you want to hire him, make him go prove he can do it elsewhere first. Just being an Assistant for Pep doesn't prove you are up to the task.

As for the start of the season, I do feel bad for Arteta. Today we were without both our starting CBs and our starting DM. Throw in all the COVID issues going through the club and we are really behind the 8-ball. Of course, signing actual players that can step in day 1 would be helpful. So would getting rid of guys that don't belong at the club, or even want to be at the club. This roster needs a major overhaul.

Arsenal's next game is on 9/11 against Norwich. Unfortunately I don't think the club will use the break to replace Arteta, and he will still be on the sideline after the International Break.

IMO, he shouldn't have been hired in the first place. I don't understand the thought behind giving a guy his first Manager job at a big club such as Arsenal. If you want to hire him, make him go prove he can do it elsewhere first. Just being an Assistant for Pep doesn't prove you are up to the task.

As for the start of the season, I do feel bad for Arteta. Today we were without both our starting CBs and our starting DM. Throw in all the COVID issues going through the club and we are really behind the 8-ball. Of course, signing actual players that can step in day 1 would be helpful. So would getting rid of guys that don't belong at the club, or even want to be at the club. This roster needs a major overhaul.
Arteta needs to go but the organization is so dysfunctional from top to bottom, I don't know what quality manager in his right mind would come in.

Reactions: seminoleed
Well, that kind of came out of nowhere, but what a dynamite performance from The Arsenal in the North London Derby today! 20 minutes of relentless football and now things look much brighter for the Gunners.

CYOG!!

🤪
I'm very impressed with Tomiyasu.

Reactions: LesClaypool
Whole team was solid today. There's plenty of improvement needed, but right now I'd rather be in our shoes than the Spurs'. Kinda surprised they aren't balls out for Nino, based on what he did with Wolves.

Reactions: nole31906
It's been almost two months since the last post in this thread... There's obviously many Arsenal fans on Warchant, and the Gooners are having a fine season and are on the verge of entering the Premier League top 4.

You guys should be excited about your team's progress, so what gives??

Reactions: nole31906
It's been almost two months since the last post in this thread... There's obviously many Arsenal fans on Warchant, and the Gooners are having a fine season and are on the verge of entering the Premier League top 4.

You guys should be excited about your team's progress, so what gives??
See, you jinxed it.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT