ADVERTISEMENT

PGSF FedEx Cup Week 22 The Memorial

NoleinATL

Ultimate Seminole Insider
Gold Member
Oct 29, 2006
  • Muirfieldtwo847.jpg
    Justin Rose putts on the 12th green as Francesco Molinari looks on during the final round of the the Memorial Tournament presented by Nationwide at Muirfield Village Golf Club on June 7, 2015 in Dublin, Ohio. (Chris Condon/PGA TOUR)
• COURSE: Muirfield Village Golf Club, 7,392 yards, par 72. Both an homage to golf’s history and a showcase for current talent, Muirfield Village was built by Jack Nicklaus in 1974 and has become not only a favorite PGA TOUR stop, but an occasional stage for bigger events. Jack’s Place is the only venue to host all three of U.S. pro golf’s team match-play showcases – Ryder Cup (1987), Solheim Cup (1998) and Presidents Cup (2013) – and the U.S. Amateur paid a visit in 1992. With constant fine-tuning by Nicklaus and his design team, Muirfield Village consistently has ranked among America’s top 20 courses and the world’s top 50.

• FEDEXCUP: Winner receives 500 points.

• CHARITY: Nicklaus Children’s Health Care Foundation, which serves as primary supporter of Nationwide Children’s Hospital. Additional donations spread across Central Ohio include James Cancer Hospital, Fore Hope and The First Tee of Central Ohio.

• FIELD WATCH: World No. 1 Jason Day, playing in his adopted hometown, is only the tip of a lineup that brings together the entire top five of the rankings and 21 of the top 30. No. 3 Rory McIlroy and No. 4 Bubba Watson both return after one-year layoffs. … Also returning after a year’s hiatus is Phil Mickelson, whose best finish was a tie for fourth in 2006. … Hall of Famer Ernie Els, who won the 2004 edition, makes his 23rd consecutive start at Muirfield Village. He owns five other top-8 finishes at Memorial, including runner-up in 2000. … Ethan Tracy, a former college teammate of defending champion David Lingmerth who grew up in nearby Hilliard, is in the field on a sponsor exemption.

• 72-HOLE RECORD: 268, Tom Lehman (1994).

• 18-HOLE RECORD: 61, John Huston (2nd round, 1996).

• LAST YEAR: Lingmerth prevailed in the Memorial’s longest playoff, twice staving off potential elimination to defeat Justin Rose with a par on the third extra hole. The Swede went bogey-free over his final 11 holes, using a closing 69 to book his spot in the playoff. It almost didn’t need to go extra holes, but Rose overcame a shank from a bunker on the final hole of regulation to squeeze out a tying par. The Englishman then dropped a 20-foot par putt on the first playoff hole that looked to be a winner until Lingmerth drained his 10-footer to match. Lingmerth also had to salvage par from a bunker on the second playoff hole before Rose found deep rough at the next. It was Lingmerth’s first PGA TOUR victory, coming in his 68th start.

• STORYLINES: Day, the PGA TOUR’s only three-time winner this season, will try to win his first in front of friends and wife Ellie’s family. Ellie Day grew up about an hour north of Columbus. It’s been a tough venue for Day, whose best finish at Muirfield Village was 27th in 2009. … McIlroy seeks to build on a victory two weeks ago at the Irish Open, winning his home event for the first time. He owns two top-10 finishes in five visits to Jack’s Place. … Lingmerth and Russell Knox are among 11 players coming to Muirfield Village after playing this week’s BMW PGA Championship at Wentworth. … Stewart Cink makes his second consecutive start after taking five weeks off to help wife Lisa through initial stages of treatment for breast cancer.

• SHORT CHIPS: Johnny Miller, whose 25 PGA TOUR wins include a six-shot comeback to win the 1973 U.S. Open, is this year’s Memorial honoree. Wednesday’s ceremony also will honor John Garrity, longtime Sports Illustrated writer and author of more than a dozen books. … Six of the Memorial’s past 12 champions have been international players. Before that, just three of the first 27 came from outside the United States. … Just one man has ever won back-to-back Memorial titles: Tiger Woods, who claimed three straight from 1999-2001.

• TELEVISION: Thursday-Friday, 3:30-6:30 p.m. ET (Golf Channel). Saturday, 12:30-2:30 p.m. (GC), 3-6 p.m. (CBS). Sunday, noon-2 p.m. (GC), 2:30-6 p.m. (CBS).

• PGA TOUR LIVE: Thursday-Friday, 7:30 a.m.-3 p.m. (featured groups), 3-6 p.m. (featured holes). Saturday-Sunday, 8 a.m.-6 p.m. (featured groups).

• RADIO: Thursday-Friday, noon-7 p.m. ET; Saturday-Sunday, 1-6 p.m. (PGA TOUR Radio on SiriusXM and PGATOUR.com).

The PGSF tour arrives at Jack's tourney, the always enjoyable Memorial.
Interesting factoid, Jason , Rory and Jordan come into The Memorial coming off a victory,
should make for a good week of golf if those three guys stay hot

No real changes this week to report, DFS passes 8k in points, chugging right along to a 2nd consecutive regular season crown. Does Bobcat , Ed or SeaPa make a charge ?
Leader%20Through%20D%20and%20D_zpsbjaqgkwi.png

Good Luck to everyone this week

Last edited:
@NoleinATL Maybe I overlooked it, but I think you forgot to include a link for the field.

Day
Johnson
McIlroy
Spieth

Last edited:
By "McIlroy", I really meant "Swafford"...It was a typo.

:rolleyes:

I submitted Dustin Johnson and then immediately changed it to Matsuyama. So far, I immediately regret that decision.

Johnson tends to play like he has my curse every week. Perhaps I'll have a double-negative effect on him this weekend.

Reactions: DFSNOLE
Too bad they could not find a sponsor to keep tourney at Doral, always enjoy watching that tourney.

Dustin with a huge day today, unfortunately with his track record and Lizard picking him this week,
we could see triple digits tomorrow

Jeez Louise, the scores are low this morning! This is like the old Greater Hartford Open. Jack may need to renovate his course.

spoiler alert ( broadcast is a few holes behind the tourney due to another rain delay)

DJ regains usual Sunday form to start back nine

Play set to resume 3:30 est
This might be the best non-FSU football sports day I can remember. Started off with my boy Djokovich finally winning the French Open. Then watched our beautiful Lady Noles eliminate mighty Michigan in the softball CWS (and they'll be back on later). The Memorial's shaping up for an awesome ending, and then of course game 2 of the NBA finals this evening.

Life is good.

Djokovich finally winning the French Open.
Life is good.

That was an interesting match, Djokovich looked rattled in first set , played unbeatable tennis until 5-2 in the the 4th, then Murray just let it go with strokes and the last 3 games were awesome. Good for him on the career slam and the joker slam..guy is so good it is scary

Nice finish to the tourney, always love to see first time winners , two guys battling it out for their first win with all those big names chasing them was even better.

congratulations to this weeks winner, who overcomes his own jinxing prowess and DJ's Sunday Not fun day performances to take the win
NoleLizard
Memorial%20Champ_zps6qxtoh0s.png

will post updated leader board shortly

Honestly, I can't remember the last time I finished in 1st by myself. I feel that a proper acceptance speech is in order....

First of all, I'd like to thank God. Without Him I wouldn't exist on this beautiful planet and would not possess the skill to type in random names to win one week finally.

Next I would like to thank my mother and father. Had they not engaged in coitus on that fateful evening nearly 47 years ago, I would not be here now to finish first this week in the PGSF PGA pick 'em.

Next I would like to thank cable tv for being rudimentary enough to the point that I became hooked on watching golf (at least until football started) on Sundays as a young lad.

In conclusion, I congratulate myself!

nrVNi.gif

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT