ADVERTISEMENT

Spoilers don't click here the Hate flows through me

Saw it on Saturday night - loved it!

Ok first and foremost and as has been mentioned 50 times already there are holes that the audience has been asked to fill, which is convenient, because Rey is smoking hot. back to the movie plot now

I tend to feel that Rey is a Kenobi lineage - could be Skywalker but not certain at all. My "out there" prediction is that Poe is her brother.

Having only seen the movie once I seem to recall that when discussing why Luke bailed, was it mentioned that the unnamed student, presumably Ren, killed the other students in training?

Just that one of his pupils turned and ended it all. We later see, during Rey's lightsaber induced visions, Kylo Ren and the Knights of Ren after having slaughtered the Jedi trainees.

WHlfDiB.jpg

I have a feeling much of our "issues" will be addressed in Ep VIII. Sort of like Man of Steel and Batman v Superman. The biggest complaint from MOS was the utter destruction of Metropolis and the fact is basically went unaddressed. BvS; however, will spend a great deal of its plot addressing this very issue (regardless if its a good film or not).

For the xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx time, this is all coming from the novel.

I expect an article next week about how Rey knew the Falcon intimately.

BTW, she had played on it and explored it for years in the salvage yard..
No one has time to read the novels! We prefer to get our info via social media. Haven't you been paying attention?? :cool:

Setting aside that the scars don't actually line up:

When we last saw him he was laughing it up with Yoda and Ben to the Ewok's yub-nub.
Did Anakin/Vader's 'force ghost' go back into the body?
Is Vader's smoked, but apparently not cremated, body supposed to be haunted by some other spirit now?
Oh, and how did he get his hands back?

w67ZPV0.jpg

Setting aside that the scars don't actually line up:

When we last saw him he was laughing it up with Yoda and Ben to the Ewok's yub-nub.
Did Anakin/Vader's 'force ghost' go back into the body?
Is Vader's smoked, but apparently not cremated, body supposed to be haunted by some other spirit now?
Oh, and how did he get his hands back?

w67ZPV0.jpg

All questions I asked the person who shared the link. Which I'm realizing I left out. Ugh.

Here's a different one I found, though: LINK: http://moviepilot.com/posts/3721240

Although no longer canon, the Novel Darth Plagueis was injured in this way by assassins.

I would think there is a good chance that Snoke is DP.

According to Palpatine didn't he say DP was killed by his apprentice in episode 3? Or did I imagine that?

According to Palpatine didn't he say DP was killed by his apprentice in episode 3? Or did I imagine that?

You mean Darth Sidious aka Palpatine aka the Emperor killed DP. Yes, he told Anakin that at the opera but if one could prolong life through the dark side perhaps Sidious failed.

I'd like to think Snoke is DP but there's signs pointing to that fact that he's not, especially the big one that Kathleen Kennedy and the writer had no idea who DP even was in a Q & A session.

Yes in ROTS.

In the book, Plagueis was Palpatine's Master and ran all the things behind the scenes up until Palpatine is voted Supreme Chancellor. He studies the science of the Force, and he and Palpatine meditated and used the knowledge so much that they tipped the Galaxy to the Dark Side. They even manipulated pregnancies with The Force.

In the book, the Force struck back against their manipulation and created Anakin.

Just that one of his pupils turned and ended it all. We later see, during Rey's lightsaber induced visions, Kylo Ren and the Knights of Ren after having slaughtered the Jedi trainees.

You assume.... Maybe those were Ewoks after going back to Endor for Vader's mask.

Yes in ROTS.

In the book, Plagueis was Palpatine's Master and ran all the things behind the scenes up until Palpatine is voted Supreme Chancellor. He studies the science of the Force, and he and Palpatine meditated and used the knowledge so much that they tipped the Galaxy to the Dark Side. They even manipulated pregnancies with The Force.

In the book, the Force struck back against their manipulation and created Anakin.

Jebus, Darth Plagueis is such a STUPID name and shows that Lucas at that point had no one naysaying him just a bunch of yes men. It reminds me of this article I read about the Fall of Lucasarts.

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/featu...-down-a-legendary-studio.aspx?PostPageIndex=2

"
A similar situation arose with Star Wars: The Force Unleashed’s protagonist, Starkiller. “[That name] was only supposed to be a nickname or call sign, not a proper name from the beginning,” a former LucasArts employee says. The development team hoped that Lucas would give Vader’s apprentice a Darth moniker, which at the time, was something that didn’t happen often.

“The team threw a Hail Mary to George, saying the game would have more credibility if the apprentice had a ‘Darth’ title,” a Force Unleashed team member says. Lucas agreed that this situation made sense for Sith royalty, and offered up two Darth titles for the team to choose from. “He threw out ‘Darth Icky’ and ‘Darth Insanius.’ There was a pregnant pause in the room after that. People waiting for George to say ‘just kidding,’ but it never comes, and he just moved on to another point.”

Team members involved in the decision to not use these ridiculous Darth titles could not be reached for comment, but three LucasArts employees believe an excuse was made to push the Darth title to the sequel."

Also anyone who still thinks Lucas is talented rather than just lucky to be surrounded with far more talented people like his ex-wife who made MANY of the changes to the original trilogy that we love, should read "The Star Wars". I got it for Christmas, it's the collected comic books written off of Lucas' original Star Wars script. While highly interesting because you get to see how characters and plotlines evolved...it's just terrible. Taking hordes of primitive wookies and turning them into the fighter pilots which eventually take down the predecessor to the Death Star, Anikin Starkiller (the Luke replacement) is the same whiny, emo and obnoxiously arrogant brat as Anakin in the prequels. "Luke Skywalker" the Obi Wan Replacement is just an arrogant prick and Leia is even more of a damsel in distress and completely useless. Han Solo is a big green lizard thug. Darth Vader ISN'T a Sith just an Empire fleet leader and there are tons of Sith running around whose separate plot from the Empire makes NO SENSE.

Amazon product ASIN 1616554258
the_star_wars_3.jpg

Jebus, Darth Plagueis is such a STUPID name and shows that Lucas at that point had no one naysaying him just a bunch of yes men. It reminds me of this article I read about the Fall of Lucasarts.

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/featu...-down-a-legendary-studio.aspx?PostPageIndex=2

"
A similar situation arose with Star Wars: The Force Unleashed’s protagonist, Starkiller. “[That name] was only supposed to be a nickname or call sign, not a proper name from the beginning,” a former LucasArts employee says. The development team hoped that Lucas would give Vader’s apprentice a Darth moniker, which at the time, was something that didn’t happen often.

“The team threw a Hail Mary to George, saying the game would have more credibility if the apprentice had a ‘Darth’ title,” a Force Unleashed team member says. Lucas agreed that this situation made sense for Sith royalty, and offered up two Darth titles for the team to choose from. “He threw out ‘Darth Icky’ and ‘Darth Insanius.’ There was a pregnant pause in the room after that. People waiting for George to say ‘just kidding,’ but it never comes, and he just moved on to another point.”

Team members involved in the decision to not use these ridiculous Darth titles could not be reached for comment, but three LucasArts employees believe an excuse was made to push the Darth title to the sequel."

A longer version:

Greedo is greedy.

Porkins is fat.

The Mon Calamari look like fish.

I was reading an article on the downfall of the game studio LucasArts and saw this-

(Short version- BJ Dart, Darth Icky, and Darth Insanius)

George Lucas would periodically check in on the status of the games his company was making, lending creative input and advice. The developer I talked to sighs, and agitatedly says, “In one viewing of Fracture, [Lucas] said it looked really good, but he didn”t like [Mason Briggs”] name. We’re like, “What do you mean, George?“ He responded to the effect of, “It doesn’t really fit. When he jumps on stuff, he moves pretty fast. I like B.J. Dart.”

‘so everybody’s like, “No, he’s gotta be f---ing with us.” He’s absolutely not. So when something like that happened --in the middle of the campaign, mind you-- we have to go back through that entire naming convention again from scratch. From that second session, Jet Brody was born. Coincidentally. Jett is the name of Lucas’ son.

A similar situation arose with Star Wars: The Force Unleashed’s protagonist, Starkiller. “[That name] was only supposed to be a nickname or call sign, not a proper name from the beginning,” a former LucasArts employee says. The development team hoped that Lucas would give Vader’s apprentice a Darth moniker, which at the time, was something that didn”t happen often.

“The team threw a Hail Mary to George, saying the game would have more credibility if the apprentice had a “Darth” title,” a Force Unleashed team member says. Lucas agreed that this situation made sense for Sith royalty, and offered up two Darth titles for the team to choose from. “He threw out “Darth Icky” and “Darth Insanius.” There was a pregnant pause in the room after that. People waiting for George to say “just kidding,” but it never comes, and he just moved on to another point.”

Unrelated....... I just rewatched Return of the Jedi with my son, and I really didn't enjoy it. Ewoks are dumb, acting just wasn't very good (as compared to Empire strikes Back....... IMO).

Just overall, not a great experience. Am I alone with this opinion?

Unless you are a fanatic, only ESB is great too me.

The Ewoks were horrible. George trying to create another piece from a kid to buy rather than tell a story. IMO

Very little Jedi in there too.

I re-watched all three originals with my kids to prime for the new one. I hadn't sat through any of them in years. I enjoyed all three quite a bit. I thought the stories and acting were consistent throughout the trilogy, but I admit I'm not much of a sci-fi nerd, so I wasn't looking for plot holes and such. I thought ROTJ was comparable in quality to the other two and a nice way to wrap up the story. I also didn't have a problem with the ewoks. I kind of liked how they were sort of these primitive creatures able to use low-tech methods to repel the bad guys with all their machines. Of course, my kids liked them, which I guess is what annoys the afficianados so much. I didn't really like the new one that much. I only was interested because I wanted to see the original actors reprise their roles again. After a few minutes of that warm and fuzzy feeling seeing Han Solo and Chewie on screen, I was not that impressed. The humor was similar, but a little too forced. Leia should have been CGI'd to make her look more recognizable. Luke absent for essentially the entire movie was a bit of a letdown too. Didn't like the new characters at all. Girl was ok, but the rest of them seemed like weird casting choices.

I loved the new movie. 3D was outstanding in making the scale of the fighters known without being distracting.

The dog fight at the Junkyard was great action.

Unless you are a fanatic, only ESB is great too me.

The Ewoks were horrible. George trying to create another piece from a kid to buy rather than tell a story. IMO

Very little Jedi in there too.

I've been through them all with kids a couple times. Empire Strikes Back is a very good movie. Was surprised by how good I thought it was.

First one is fine. Pretty boring. I know it's sacrilege, but the villain is dull, other than a cool mask and great walk up music. I get why it was a big deal, and I'm the right age when it hit, but it's just ok as a movie. To be clear, it might be great as a conceived world, but as just a self contained movie...it's just... fine.

Saw Return of the Jedi a couple weeks ago. It gets worse every time I see it, and it's not just the Ewoks, although that's part of it. Again, pretty boring in long stretches, but most of all, Harrison Ford's performance is distractingly, intentionally, terrible.

"

Lucas looks like that uncle who shows up at every family gathering and says exceedingly stupid things, spouts off about conspiracies, etc...all with an air of superiority.

Reactions: FSUTribe76
I've been through them all with kids a couple times. Empire Strikes Back is a very good movie. Was surprised by how good I thought it was.

First one is fine. Pretty boring. I know it's sacrilege, but the villain is dull, other than a cool mask and great walk up music. I get why it was a big deal, and I'm the right age when it hit, but it's just ok as a movie. To be clear, it might be great as a conceived world, but as just a self contained movie...it's just... fine.

Saw Return of the Jedi a couple weeks ago. It gets worse every time I see it, and it's not just the Ewoks, although that's part of it. Again, pretty boring in long stretches, but most of all, Harrison Ford's performance is distractingly, intentionally, terrible.

This X100000. Weird, isn't it? That's a big reason why I didn't like it, I think. So much different than Empire.

This X100000. Weird, isn't it? That's a big reason why I didn't like it, I think. So much different than Empire.

I knew the story, he wasn't happy to be there and so on, but he basically torpedoes every scene he's in. There was more I didn't like about it, but I ended up mentally checking out and I can't catalog them exactly. I knew the Ewoks were hated, but my thinking was that people just hated the whole cutesy teddy bear thing. However, on watching it again, it's more than just the physical rendition of the Ewoks...the whole execution and story of that kind of sucked. I don't think it would have been completely fixed if they were wookies or whatever.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT