ADVERTISEMENT

The Latest New Footie Thread

I missed the shot, it was for a friend. It's blue and just says Italia 27 on it.

Gooners who meet at the Brewhouse in Little 5 Points here in Atlanta are usually large in numbers and always rowdy and loud. Fun times, though it's too long a drive for me to go to every game.

Reactions: LesClaypool
Still want Wenger gone?

Would be nice to see Leicester anf West Brom show up today.

What. A. Match.

Haven’t seen our D play that well maybe ever.

We had a huge turnout this morning...too many Spurs though. They outnumbered us 2-to-1 in our own pub. Yikes!

Had a total of about 25 people...incredible turnout for a 7:30 match in little old Tallahassee. Hopefully a tradition has been born!

Reactions: Rishi and nole31906
I thought I'd been drinking when The Arsenal got not one, but two, breaks from the ref in the first half. Surely I was imagining that?
Ozil was a beast today; wonder if he's showing off what he can really do prior to the December transfer window?

Yes, one match won't change my mind. To me that would be like asking if FSU fans still want Kelly gone if we shutout the Gators next weekend.

I know that they lost a few early games with Sanchez MIA, but other than the City and Watford losses, I thought the Gunners were in decent form.

You clearly didn't the the debacle against the Peasants, then.

That was when Sanchez was still sitting, correct? I haven't followed the Gunners that much, I thought the ship had been pretty much been corrected recently.

That was when Sanchez was still sitting, correct? I haven't followed the Gunners that much, I thought the ship had been pretty much been corrected recently.

They are 12 points behind City and are effectively out of the League Title race already. In addition, this squad (with Sanchez & Ozil all year) is not good enough to challenge for the title anyhow. On top of it, for some reason unknown to about everyone, Lacazette continues to not start or get less than 90 minutes in the biggest games. He finally started today against Sp*rs, but I think that is the first big game start for him this season.

Following the transfer progress each of the past few years is rinse, wash & repeat, mainly without a plan for anything. Look at this year where Sanchez wasn't going anywhere, then he was but only if we could fill his spot, and that was all on the last day.

Personally I am tired of hearing about all the offensive "stars" Wenger wants to sign. Give me some defenders who will help get clean sheets and let's go battle for the title. It seems like all Wenger wants to do is throw up 3-5 goals a game and hope we outscore everyone.

What. A. Match.

Haven’t seen our D play that well maybe ever.

We had a huge turnout this morning...too many Spurs though. They outnumbered us 2-to-1 in our own pub. Yikes!

Had a total of about 25 people...incredible turnout for a 7:30 match in little old Tallahassee. Hopefully a tradition has been born!

That's awesome.

In a somewhat related story, Roman Abramovich watch Chelsea play from Football Factory @ Legends Bar in NYC against WBA.

That's awesome.

In a somewhat related story, Roman Abramovich watch Chelsea play from Football Factory @ Legends Bar in NYC against WBA.

This was our crowd. Unfortunately we took this picture about 10 minutes after the game ended and a lot of the Spurs fans and a couple of Gunners had left already. Otherwise you'd have seen how outnumbered we were.

That's my 12-year old stepson-to-be in the front. He's a huge Gooner. He's usually not allowed (by his mom) to go to the matches with me but he wanted to come so badly to this so that he could sing, "What do we think of Tottenham?" to their fans...which I disappointingly explained to him would be very poor form on our part to do since we invited these guys to our pub to be our guests. But he had fun anyway :)

23622030_10155434077648171_500118623528889326_n.jpg

Reactions: nole31906
That's awesome that you took your stepson. I can imagine at that time of the morning, it's about watching the match and not chugging down obscene amounts of beverages.

I loved watching games with my son, it was something that he loved doing also. I think that FIFA on the XBOX really pushed him into loving Man United the way he did, because he wasn't half as enthused about watching the Noles, Sox or Bruins, but in between, he loved watching Paul Pierce and the Celtics.

My son's favorite song was "Who's that twat from Argentina, who's that money grabbing whore.....". :Face with Tears of Joy

And to note, he loved watching the EPL, not just United. He would have watched a match between the Westies (Ham and Brom), or QPR and Villa. He loved referring to Newcastle as the Barcodes. He loved finding stuff out, stuff that would surprise or impress me. Matthew would DVR games and put them on at bedtime and fall asleep to them.

Les, again, it's great that you and the little one can enjoy the games with such enthusiasm, the way that you two do. To this day, it's tough for me to watch a United game alone, but I have gotten better, and Matthew and I had a great time watching Pogba put on that clinic against the Barcodes on Saturday. Zlatan was always a favorite of his, and I'm sure he would have a ball watching him play for the Red Devils. Not sure why, but Fellaini was another favorite, for reasons other than the hair, I have no clue as to why.

Last edited:
Reactions: LesClaypool
Clear penalty. But I am an Arsenal fan. And I have Ramsey in my fantasy team.

Definite penalty.

I was actually thinking Wilshire was going to come on for Ramsey. I also thought this would have been a good game for Giroud since we needed a presence in the box, but I suppose not.

Happy for the win.

One can hope, no?

With Arsenal's luck, Spurs will be drawn with someone like Juve and get knocked out in the round of 16 of UCL so they'll be able to allocate all resources (i.e. Kane and Alli and Erikson) for only the EPL and Arsenal will go far in Europa and have to split their resources between the 2 comp. FA Cup be damned.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT