ADVERTISEMENT

The Latest New Footie Thread

Harry Kane scores AGAIN. This time, nearly at the death, for England, to put them through to Russia.

Incredible goal return this year for him.

God I hate f$&@!

Where has this effort been? By all rights, Panama should have been so up for this match that they cruise.
8 minutes in and Pulisic has literally destroyed them.

Well when you let the kids play.

As Sir Alex proved you CAN win with kids!

Reactions: fsUTampa
Arena finally realized that Pulisic at attacking CM was the place to put him. I mean, Dortmund figured that out a while ago....American fans figured that out a while ago...the last human on earth to realize it finally figured it out just in time, and not surprisingly at all, Pulisic delivered, and lifted the entire team to near his level. That should be his position for the next 3 WC cycles.

Reactions: nole31906
Pulisic is a wonder to watch, but I"m not jumping on his bandwagon yet. I'm old enough to remember Freddie Adu, the last wunderkind who was going to be the face of US footie.

Beckham, Scholes, Giggs, Butt, Neville, Keane....... Throw in Cantana and Hughes as leaders, LMFAO....Those weren't kids, they were legends waiting for their short and curlies to grow in!

Scholes and Giggs, f##king legends, and two of my favorite all time players. That Scholes goal vs Barca is something that I will never forget!

Football's a little different now that it was in 92.

Doesn't mean that Pulasic won't be great. We'll find out a lot more about his progression next summer at both the World Cup (assuming U.S. qualifies) and after he transfers to a giant of a club (I'm 99+% sure he'll leave BVB next summer).

I hate to say it, but I think United will be the favourites to land him -> I haven't seen any links b/w the 2, but with United's failed pursuit of an attacking MF/F this summer, I'm guessing he'll be at the top of their target list next summer. United usually get who they want. Not sure that's the best spot for him, just my predicted landing spot for him ~8 months from now. Hope I'm wrong.

Beckham, Scholes, Giggs, Butt, Neville, Keane....... Throw in Cantana and Hughes as leaders, LMFAO....Those weren't kids, they were legends waiting for their short and curlies to grow in!

Yeah but not in 92.

Doesn't mean that Pulasic won't be great. We'll find out a lot more about his progression next summer at both the World Cup (assuming U.S. qualifies) and after he transfers to a giant of a club (I'm 99+% sure he'll leave BVB next summer).

I hate to say it, but I think United will be the favourites to land him -> I haven't seen any links b/w the 2, but with United's failed pursuit of an attacking MF/F this summer, I'm guessing he'll be at the top of their target list next summer. United usually get who they want. Not sure that's the best spot for him, just my predicted landing spot for him ~8 months from now. Hope I'm wrong.

I'd put money on Liverpool or Bayern Munich. United has plenty of number 10s. They'll be looking at defenders or a striker to bring on late.

And to be honest I don't expect the US to do dang thing at the Cup. My point is our BEST chance and MOST entertaining way to play is the guys we rolled out in the 2-3 formation. We'll give up some goals but you'll see some 3-2 or 4-2 losses instead of1-0 losses. There's nothing more kills TV ratings then park-the-bus strategy.

Reactions: NoleLizards
And to be honest I don't expect the US to do dang thing at the Cup. My point is our BEST chance and MOST entertaining way to play is the guys we rolled out in the 2-3 formation. We'll give up some goals but you'll see some 3-2 or 4-2 losses instead of1-0 losses. There's nothing more kills TV ratings then park-the-bus strategy.
We have better players up front anyway....Might as well play to our strengths.

USA not out of the woods, yet. Up 2 pts on Panama and Honduras. Both teams play Costa Rica and Mexico, respectively, both of which are already in and will probably play scrubs. I put it at greater than 50/50 that both Panama and Honduras get 3pts. Means USA can't take an L at T&T. Draw pretty much assures top 3. So we're either fully in or fully out, no playoff for us.

Not a good start down 1-nil. At least I'm not as disappointed that I'm not getting the game on beIN. Come on Costa Rica...We can still back into the WC if they don't lose to Panama.

Gulati better resign tonight. Or everyone fired tomorrow. This is the worst usa cycle in 40 years, probably 110 years when u consider how poor Concacaf is this cycle.

Im not surprised but still devastating for US soccer. Jurgen and Gulati murdered usa soccer from the top down

Reactions: fsUTampa
United plays defensively and gets a scoreless draw at Anfield (which pisses me off). WTF is up with City, they nail a usually tight Stoke for 7 goals and Palace, who hasn't scored all year, nails Chelsea for 2 in their shock, upset 2-1 win. City is now in control with the Red Devils and Blues dropping points, as well as Liverpool.

City can't stop scoring.... they are clearly far and away better than anyone in England right now.

Now Arsenal, with their inept manager and lineup question marks, can move into the green and stand in 4th place if they continue to lead Watford.

Now Arsenal, with their inept manager and lineup question marks, can move into the green and stand in 4th place if they continue to lead Watford.

Old friend Tom Cleverley nixed that possibility!

Mou sure loves him some scoreless draws, don't he? No gas ever needed for that bus, it's always parked.

And The Arsenal...what to say? The PK was bogus as hell, but so was the back lines decision to quit defending around the goal in stoppage time.

Took me a day to process another bad home tie for Madrid. They’re just not good this season. I expected a 3-1 Madrid comfortable win.

Modric and Marcelo continue to look 50 this year, they’ve hit the wall and Zidane has to see that.

Isco continues his Madrid slump but is a star for Spain oddly. He has become extremely selfish all year in the box and wants the headlines on goals. I liked Isco last year but not a fan this year.

The 18 year old 4th string right back just wasn’t ready technically, acres of space all night and nothing positive towards strikers. Madrid have an injury crisis that doesn’t seem to be ending at defense.

I thought Tottenham coach badly out coached Zidane with his park bus/but 2 strikers lineup. Madrid dominated but only had a few great chances. Madrid weren’t sure how to attack and played like a british team with 30 crosses aimed at no one.

Lloris was MOM, im not sure he saw Benzema header but it’s still a save.
Varane was unlucky on the OG.

Kane a bad miss in the end.

Return leg will be interesting and maybe good for Madrid since they cant win a home game.

Lots of goals in CL yesterday in other matches

Looks like another interesting night for Arsenal tonight in Serbia...

image.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

C6AeZi2WUAEGRy8.jpg

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT