ADVERTISEMENT

The Latest New Footie Thread

Personally, I think it sucks that Giroud is no longer at Arsenal. He was no superstar, but I thought he was a good player who gave his best. I was in the stadium when he scored his scorpion kick. I get the feeling that this move was not really what he would have preferred.

Looks like Giroud's been announced at Chelsea...

27173544_2061194830784512_6223308017189015961_o.jpg

What has been a euphoric day in GoonerLand has just gotten markedly sadder. That really hurts to see him holding up that shirt.

:mad::(

Reactions: seminoleed
All good Les! Perhaps he is worth the risk. I think Arsenal are in a position over the last decade that they maybe need to take risks to improve the team so will be interesting to see what happens with "Batman" LOL

Well BVB replaced Batman with Batsman :D

Tomorrow, after the Arsenal/Everton match, on NBC at 2:30pm ET, Joe Scarborough (of all people) will be hosting a 1-hour episode of This is Football:"

"Episode two of THIS IS FOOTBALL airs tomorrow on NBC Sports at 2:30pm ET. I take a deep dive on the North London derby and what football means to the city and the world."

Reactions: Rishi
He better score in bunches as bvb have been shaky at the back all season.

Bats got 2 in his debut for BVB today. Never hurts to score early in your career at a new club. I suspect, with BVB swashbuckling style, that Michy will thrive there - wouldn't be surprised if he got 10 league goals the rest of the campaign, and I could see him doing well in Europa as well.

Tomorrow, after the Arsenal/Everton match, on NBC at 2:30pm ET, Joe Scarborough (of all people) will be hosting a 1-hour episode of This is Football:"

"Episode two of THIS IS FOOTBALL airs tomorrow on NBC Sports at 2:30pm ET. I take a deep dive on the North London derby and what football means to the city and the world."

Yeah, even though I don't support either club, I had my DVR set for that. Hope it's a fun watch (especially for a neutral) -> I actually suspect that I (neutral) will enjoy it more than Gunners and Spurs' fans will (likely because the material won't be as familiar to me than to a non-neutral).

Reactions: LesClaypool
Tim, with 2nd - 7th being separated by 3 points in The Bundesliga, if you were a betting man, who would you pick to finish in the 3 remaining UCL spots (order be damned)?

Yeah, even though I don't support either club, I had my DVR set for that. Hope it's a fun watch (especially for a neutral) -> I actually suspect that I (neutral) will enjoy it more than Gunners and Spurs' fans will (likely because the material won't be as familiar to me than to a non-neutral).
This one's not bad either.

This is a really great series though. I'd encourage you to watch them all if you have some time to kill.

Last edited:
This one is great...he seems to genuinely be scared in this one...If you're impatient, like I am, go to around 10:30ish of the video.

Last one I'll post. Go to around 11:40 of this one. F'ing insane atmosphere. I don't know how people are not maimed in this environment...

Well, except for Iwobi, I have to admit I like the new Arsenal lineup.

By the way, how does Alan Pardew still have a job? And why does he keep getting hired?

Not a fan of Iwobi or Xhaka in the lineup, otherwise I am fine with the other 9. With Cech going off injured today I suppose we will be seeing a lot of Ospina, which isn't the worst thing. He has played well at times and can be a good keeper, given the chance.

As for replacements I suppose I would prefer to see Elneny for Xhaka and either Lacazette or Welbeck for Iwobi. Honestly I hope Welbeck is sold this summer.

I called him no names and frankly, the jury is still out on him. But today was a great full-time debut for him, no doubt.

Just teasing ya, I do believery you said he was a cast off or something. I loved Mkhitaryan, and when my spell check finally got his spelling correct, he's gone. I hope he does well at Arsenal, I think you guys got a great play maker, but reminds me too much of Dimitar Berbatov, his head just disappears at times.

Not a fan of Iwobi or Xhaka in the lineup, otherwise I am fine with the other 9. With Cech going off injured today I suppose we will be seeing a lot of Ospina, which isn't the worst thing. He has played well at times and can be a good keeper, given the chance.

As for replacements I suppose I would prefer to see Elneny for Xhaka and either Lacazette or Welbeck for Iwobi. Honestly I hope Welbeck is sold this summer.

I can't imagine that Lacazette will stay as a backup.

I really don't know what to say about Chelsea. The club just seems to have an aversion to stability. Bizarre.

Unfortunately, we seem to be in a huge injury boom period. We went a long period without any, and since the turn of the calendar, we've had like 8.

All the optimism I showed ~ Jan. 1 is gone and now I'm very worried about finishing top 4.

Reactions: NoleLizards
Aubameyang...do do, do do do.
Aubameyang...do do do do.
Aubameyang...do do do do do...do do do..do do do do do do do!

Aubameyang-Arsenal-Konfrontasi.jpg

Ironic, that you're talking about an offside call in the last post (I know it's chant), since it was pretty clear that PEA was not offside in the ~ 11th min. Changed the game.

Re: Kane's goal, that to me is a true 50-50 about whether or not it was a foul. The act itself is, but it had no impact on the play. Kos isn't getting up or even disrupting Kane since he's already at the point of impact. If you want to call it a foul I don't have a problem with that either because the act of putting your hands on the defender's shoulder's to prevent him from leaping should be called every time (no Italian will ever agree since that won them the 2006 WC).

As a Chelsea fan, likely the worst possible outcome as I really wanted Arsenal to take at least 1 point if not all 3.

IMO, Arsenal should make the PL the 2nd priority now. Likely won't see that for a couple more round of Europa. Good thing for Arsenal is they're out of the FA cup so only have 2 competitions to deal with starting Feb. 26th (EFL Cup final on Feb. 25th). Will be interesting to see if Wenger will do that like Mourinho did last year since they've got the "2nd chance" to get back in the UCL.

Arsenal played terrible. I have read multiple other places that Wenger played his best 11. However, I have to disagree as any 11 with Xhaka cannot be a best 11.

Auba was not offsides and that was potentially game changing call.

Kane did not foul Kos, and a no-call was appropriate. If Kos tried to jump with him it would have been another story, but Kane was already about to make contact when Kos tried to jump.

As for Ramsey not even making the team today, Mkhitaryan coming off for Iwobi, playing Ozil wide, moving Auba wide when Lacazette came on, and other issues, I have no idea what Wenger was thinking.

#WengerOut

Tim, with 2nd - 7th being separated by 3 points in The Bundesliga, if you were a betting man, who would you pick to finish in the 3 remaining UCL spots (order be damned)?
I think it will be Dortmund, Leipzig and Schalke in that order. It is certainly tight with those spots. Eintracht Frankfurt is a dark horse and they just might knock Schalke out of that spot before it's over.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT