ADVERTISEMENT

Tampa Bay BUCS

The Bucs OL is far better than you Jameis Apologists on here continually say..the facts don’t seem to fit your narrative but continue thinking he’s a great QB as he can’t get a job..this Bucs Fan is estatic Winston is gone
Haha... The Bucs oline is horrible, but you keep trying to convince yourself otherwise. Good luck

The Bucs OL is far better than you Jameis Apologists on here continually say..the facts don’t seem to fit your narrative but continue thinking he’s a great QB as he can’t get a job..this Bucs Fan is estatic Winston is gone
Jamies went undefeated, broke a seven year sec streak and tied fsu with uf in titles. He’s got nothing to prove.

It absolutely is up for debate. When your QB throws THIRTY INTs it often puts the defense in some really bad spots field position wise. How do some of you not realize how blinded by 2013 you are? The Bucs aren’t a perfect team but no one in that league turns it over like he does. It’s unheard of. He’s yet to have one excellent season in the NFL.

The Tennesse Titans march the ball down the field against you in the late fourth quarter after Jameis gave you the lead in the 4th and they don't have 1 WR that's considered a playmaker. You let a rookie QB throw 336 and 112 passer ratings in his first start in the NFL. Yeah you're not close to good.

It absolutely is up for debate. When your QB throws THIRTY INTs it often puts the defense in some really bad spots field position wise. How do some of you not realize how blinded by 2013 you are? The Bucs aren’t a perfect team but no one in that league turns it over like he does. It’s unheard of. He’s yet to have one excellent season in the NFL.

Yeah this is just average performances:

• Youngest player to pass for 3,000 yards: (21 years, 342 days) December 13, 2015[102]
  • Youngest player to pass for 4,000 yards: (21 years, 363 days) January 3, 2016
  • Second youngest player to pass for 10,000 yards: (23 years, 303 days; 4 days older than Drew Bledsoe) November 5, 2017[67]
  • Youngest player to pass for 40 touchdowns: (22 years, 312 days) November 13, 2016[103]
  • Most seasons of passing for 4,000 yards to begin a career – 2 (2015–2016)
  • Most touchdown passes before 24th birthday: 69 (23 years, 360 days) December 31, 2017[104]
  • Most consecutive 450+ yards passing games: 2 (2019)[105]

Booger McFarland said on Golic and Wingo that Tampa's OL is good. I shot my coffee out of my mouth and almost got into an accident. I might have to stick with the Bucs if they get Tom. Just for the one season he's there though.
Maybe for the first 3 or 4 games, won't last the season and take the 70 mil guaranteed to the bank.

• Youngest player to pass for 3,000 yards: (21 years, 342 days) December 13, 2015[102]
  • Second youngest player to pass for 10,000 yards: (23 years, 303 days; 4 days older than Drew Bledsoe) November 5, 2017[67]
  • Youngest player to pass for 40 touchdowns: (22 years, 312 days) November 13, 2016[103]
  • Most touchdown passes before 24th birthday: 69 (23 years, 360 days) December 31, 2017[104]
32 teams haven’t given Jameis an offer as of 7pm march 17. The experts, whose jobs rely on qb decisions, don’t seem to care about those stats

Reactions: rattlernole
Have to face facts, JW was both good and terrible. His inconsistency cost him an opportunity in TB. Life will be different for him now. Let's see how he adjusts.

It’s not a good sign when you are the only offer and you’re offering top 5 money:

Die hard Patriots fan here. I'm sad, but saw this coming. I hope he has nothing but success, unless he's playing against New England. Bucs have been and are still my NFC team.

I can’t wait to revisit this topic come mid October. Bruce better start planning his exit strategy. If this doesn’t get Licht fired than nothing will.

gator fan loves tom brady....tampa will be a gate town now, JW backlash, the haters will be vocal...Tom Brady does not understand what playing in florida is like.

He is a product of the bay area, snobbery, played at michigan-elitist snobbery, then NE, upper Northeast crust old school snobbery,

the immediate advocates for TB12 are combo Bucs/Gator fans, the exact opposite of noles fans

the warm weather will make him have to play young and he is not young.

Next year, I predict the Patriots win more games than the Bucs.

Next year, I predict the Patriots win more games than the Bucs.

Im they really think by going older is better. They have JPP who’s 32 who they gave 27 million to and watch they are going to sign more old.

Antonio Brown is their next FA signing.

CheapInformalCrab-max-1mb.gif

Reactions: FSUfan1973
Looks like we getting the GOAT in Tampa boys!! Hopefully we won't get him killed. Will definitely take some getting used to seeing Brady in our colors.

You have to take any passing stats today with a grain of salt. The modern day NFL is tailored to throw the ball, the past was not. 21 of the top 22 passing seasons by a QB were all in the last 10 years. Marino in 1984 is currently 10th in terms of most passing yards in a season, the rest of the top 22 are all 2008 or later. So anything to do with passing yards on an all time scale is going to be skewed to the current players.

Last edited:
Reactions: chumleynole
32 teams haven’t given Jameis an offer as of 7pm march 17. The experts, whose jobs rely on qb decisions, don’t seem to care about those stats

Yep. If Jameis were nearly as good as some people would like to think, there is no way there wouldn't be news on him by now. I certainly expect someone will sign him, but Brady signed, Rivers signed, Bridgewater signed, Mariota signed (possibly just as a backup though), Foles traded, and Tannehill resigned. This clearly shows that teams looking for a starting QB haven't been overly interested in Jameis. And of course Newton is certainly going to be traded, Burrow will likely go #1. Looking around the league, not many starting jobs appear to be open. Chargers and Dolphins but of course both could take a QB in the first. And of course the Pats, but Winston does not seem like a Bellichick type of QB.

Reactions: kooterridesagain
Behind Tampa's offensive line Tom Brady will need to be able to run or he is going to get killed. How many years did Jameis Winston lead the league in hits taken by a QB!!!

That isn't always a product of the line. Jameis is pretty well known for holding on to the ball too long. I guarantee you Brady, behind basically the same line, will not get hit nearly as much and will not turn it over anywhere near as much.

Reactions: kooterridesagain
That isn't always a product of the line. Jameis is pretty well known for holding on to the ball too long. I guarantee you Brady, behind basically the same line, will not get hit nearly as much and will not turn it over anywhere near as much.

I agree TB will not turn the ball over as much. He is a very smart QB! Getting hit is another story altogether. I hope he doesn't but the Tampa line is not even close to what he had in New England.

I don’t think you know what Arians offense. This is a good explanation from a Steelers fan:

“Arians as a play caller is incredibly aggressive. Hines Ward says he wants a point a minute: if the team has the ball for 36 minutes, he wants 36 points.

Arians runs a classic vertical offense that stretches the defense deep. Posts, fly routes, streaks. He wants quarterbacks that will take the deep shot. On the running game, he loves being physical with wide receivers that will block.

Arians is why a lot of people feel that Jameis Winston can take the next step. Winston's arm strength and natural tendency to take risks already seem to be a match made for Arians; the hope is that Arians can rein in Winston's risk-taking and make it calculated.

He does come with criticisms though. Arians's aggressiveness can lead to turnovers and sacks, and there are a lot of Steelers fans who believe Arians had to go because his offense was going to be the end of Roethlisberger as Ben was taking so much punishment waiting for routes to develop.”

Arians was telling Jameis to throw the ball down the field 30 to 40 yards not to check down. This creates high risk scenarios. I don’t see a head coach and an OC would played in that system changing it for Brady.

Ok so Tampa has 1 fast guy in Godwin but Evans ran a 4.53 and probably now runs a 4.6. He’s not fast and his catch percentage hover between 50-55% in his career; that’s not good at all. He uses his size and height to catch ball over people but if you go to more of a offense like the Patriots than I don’t know how he’s a weapon for big plays because he’s not a YAC guy. Plus I can’t wait till he starts loafing on routes or doesn’t fight for the ball on an out or a curl route; Tom is going to love that. Outside of Godwin and Brate you don’t have many receivers with a good catch percentage. I don’t know how OJ made it above 60% because only had 3 good games last year.

Jameis hasn’t sign because his asking price is 26-30 million. Once he comes down about to 8-12 million than he’ll get snatch up. The key is the right fit. I’d go to Pittsburgh, New England or Denver. I’d stay away from Jacksonville and Miami because they’re both drafting QBs in the next 2 years.

Thank you for the very insightful post.

If any Bucs fans were hoping for Melvin Gordon, he's signed with the Broncos.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT