ADVERTISEMENT

Tampa Bay BUCS

I don't think you can blame all the Int's on Winston. And, given the fact Peyton Manning threw 28 Int's, Carson Palmer 22, and Tim Couch 21. On the other side Roethlisberger only had 11.

It will be interesting to see how many Brady has with this O line.

I for one think that there are at least 19 ten teams that could use him as their starter!

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.c...-fared-in-their-first-year-with-bruce-arians/

Last edited:
Reactions: Bellis30
I loved and supported him through all of the issues however what would have happened if Benjamin doesn't bring up the obvious. Just saying. GO NOLES.

I love what if scenarios!!!!!! What if Bobby’s team converted on the two-point try???? Pick three kicks you would like to have over! What if ASU and Jake the Snake beat OSUin 97’? What if Chris Hopes picks off that pass against Oklahoma in the first five minutes of that OB game? What if Mario Edwards was two inches taller??? What if Samari Rolle had just one more play in him against the gates??

That is seven more rings and one less for the gates.....whaaaat if?

I don't know if one can say Jameis is a mediocre pro (he did throw for 5,000 yards), but his emotional baggage has caught up with him. Coaches are fed up dealing with his mistakes; Jameis would not fix them and he was not as coachable as he could have been. Bruce Arians refused to put up with the mistakes anymore, and he showed Jameis the door. Bruce Arians is an amiable coach, especially to minorities, so this is not a good look for Jameis. It is time for Jameis to make the adjustments to become the quarterback I know he can be..tough, smart and a winner. It is up to Jameis though...he needs to make the adjustments in his life and eliminate the drama.
He threw 5,000 yards because his teams were always down and playing catch up... very often thanks to his turnovers.

Reactions: FSUfan1973
I don't know if one can say Jameis is a mediocre pro (he did throw for 5,000 yards), but his emotional baggage has caught up with him. Coaches are fed up dealing with his mistakes; Jameis would not fix them and he was not as coachable as he could have been. Bruce Arians refused to put up with the mistakes anymore, and he showed Jameis the door. Bruce Arians is an amiable coach, especially to minorities, so this is not a good look for Jameis. It is time for Jameis to make the adjustments to become the quarterback I know he can be..tough, smart and a winner. It is up to Jameis though...he needs to make the adjustments in his life and eliminate the drama.

Exactly. When Bruce Arians gives up on a QB, especially one as talented as Jamies, there is something wrong. Too much baggage.

He threw 5,000 yards because his teams were always down and playing catch up... very often thanks to his turnovers.
This is false. He threw for that many yards bc he had no running game and the only offense they could generate was in the air. Winston has bad INTs ... no question. But he also took a tremendous amount of punishment and kept the team in games. If Brady wins with the same OL, RBs and playcalling, then you can say JW was the entire problem. But I’m betting that’s not the case. You’re either going to see big changes in those three areas or Brady doesn’t last past the 4th game.

So, I think most missed the point of the thread. I didn't say he's Tom Brady or the best QB around.
My point and the point of the article is that even some of the best QBs have thrown an astronomical amount of Int's under Arian.
I'm not going back to look but my guess is that not all of them had as many QB hurries and sacks as JW took last year.
Here's to hoping the eye surgery, change of scenery and a new team works out for him.

I don't know what you are smoking but Winston was a great college QB and a mediocre Pro. I loved and supported him through all of the issues however what would have happened if Benjamin doesn't bring up the obvious and we lose the natty. I drank kool-aide with the rest but I am a realist. His game does not lend itself the pro game. Just saying. GO NOLES.

He did turn the ball over way too much with a pass happy offense with no running game, but he does deserve his medicine.

He also had 4/5 different coordinators and a mostly a shotty offensive line.
He’s a winner and the book isn’t closed yet.

We should’ve suspected that he’d be more like sophomore Jameis when the team around him wasn’t near as good as his freshman year. He became a gambler feeling like he had to pick up the slack. Obviously, in the NFL you’re not going to out talent everyone you play.

I don't know what you are smoking but Winston was a great college QB and a mediocre Pro. I loved and supported him through all of the issues however what would have happened if Benjamin doesn't bring up the obvious and we lose the natty. I drank kool-aide with the rest but I am a realist. His game does not lend itself the pro game. Just saying. GO NOLES.
Brady is mediocre at this stage of his career...

Reactions: NoleLizards
Lots of different commentary and perspective. Much of what's written here is a both/and, not an either/or.

Facts:

1. JW is extraordinarily talented. To the person who said he only threw for 5000 yards because he was coming from behind, that's just not true. No running game since Doug Martin had his one year and JW has consistently thrown for a lot of yards. Also, other QB's with a lot of INTs (see Fitzpatrick) don't seem to make it up with 5000 yards.

2. There are numbers to back up good to elite QB's struggling with INTs their first year in an Arians system. Yes, JW has thrown a good number in his 5 years and some of those are from being a gunslinger. However, so was Fave and he didn't take the beating in the press that JW has. Peyton had 28 Ints and didn't have the press brow-beating him.

3. It is clear there are things we cannot know, but doubt that the INTs are going to be the only reason he wasn't wanted back by Arians.

4. Three+ coordinators in 5 years would be tough for any QB

5. JW hasn't had an off field issue in 4 years. Please stop badgering him about something he did in the past. He's grown up. Give him that.

Conjecture:

I have no idea why the focus of the press is all on the bad with JW, but there is something to be said for his upside which is 1000 times better than half the league's QB's.

Here's another thing to consider -- while it's clear that Arians simply didn't want JW back (for reasons none of us will ever know), it will be most interesting to see how a new QB can come in with limited to no OTA's and succeed in a new system. If all other players remained the same (as last year), I simply don't believe even the great Tom Brady would do well. Not having a good amount of time to gel with his WR's will make it even more challenging. We'll see.

Last edited:
Reactions: ImmortalNole
I realize this board is comic relief, but I figured most on it watched the NFL. Nope.
We can all agree clearly Brady has an insane resume, and I hate the Patriots, but I also appreciate why they dominate.
Bradys arm is top 12. His accuracy is top 3. He’s an insane workaholic like Lebron and Ronaldo. If these guys lose it’s not for lack of prep.
i give zero cares about Bucs, and still don’t like patriots for many reasons, but seeing people say Brady is too old or no arm: u don’t watch football.
If Bucs have average everything around Brady they will win 11 games. He’s that good and that important.
Time will tell, but as a Raiders fan, I’d kill to have 2 years of this old Brady over Carr. And most others would say the same.
Cheers

I realize this board is comic relief, but I figured most on it watched the NFL. Nope.
We can all agree clearly Brady has an insane resume, and I hate the Patriots, but I also appreciate why they dominate.
Bradys arm is top 12. His accuracy is top 3. He’s an insane workaholic like Lebron and Ronaldo. If these guys lose it’s not for lack of prep.
i give zero cares about Bucs, and still don’t like patriots for many reasons, but seeing people say Brady is too old or no arm: u don’t watch football.
If Bucs have average everything around Brady they will win 11 games. He’s that good and that important.
Time will tell, but as a Raiders fan, I’d kill to have 2 years of this old Brady over Carr. And most others would say the same.
Cheers
11games? Brady is done...everybody was crying he didn’t have weapons....he wants to catch and throw and missed his big weapon in Gronk and teams took away Edelman

Brady will be a monster success in Tampa as he has a lot of weapons to work with and Free Agents are going to flock there for a Super Bowl Run..already started today with Bucs signing a quality OL..look for several more signings in the next few days as Brady has been a done deal since mid February and players knew...

Father time is undefeated!!

If turf toe can end Deion's career, an awkward tackle can end Bo's, I won't bet on a 43 year old playing a young man's game to leave on his own terms. He's too stubborn, driven or whatever. But again, father time is undefeated!!

The fact that the Bucs are parading around Brady on social media like he’s some savior is off-putting to me. They’ve even got FB posts for you to preorder your jersey before we’ve even seen what they look like yet, or even know what number he will be. I’ll cheer for Jameis wherever he goes. I’ve been a Bucs fan longer than a Jameis fan. But this is a clown ass organization right now. They better put up some W’s or Licht, Arians, & Brady’ honeymoon will be short lived.

The fact that the Bucs are parading around Brady on social media like he’s some savior is off-putting to me. They’ve even got FB posts for you to preorder your jersey before we’ve even seen what they look like yet, or even know what number he will be. I’ll cheer for Jameis wherever he goes. I’ve been a Bucs fan longer than a Jameis fan. But this is a clown ass organization right now. They better put up some W’s or Licht, Arians, & Brady’ honeymoon will be short lived.
Brady may not bring us a SB, but time will tell. What I am ecstatic about is the GOAT has season tickets sold out already and we needed that in spades. The bandwagon money is rolling in already and he hasn't even took a snap in a Buccaneers uniform. I'll take that trade any day. Merchandise sales is skyrocketing as well. When is the last time a true Buc fan can say such things?

Brady may not bring us a SB, but time will tell. What I am ecstatic about is the GOAT has season tickets sold out already and we needed that in spades. The bandwagon money is rolling in already and he hasn't even took a snap in a Buccaneers uniform. I'll take that trade any day. Merchandise sales is skyrocketing as well. When is the last time a true Buc fan can say such things?

I don’t really disagree with anything you’ve said. Just a little disappointed in the way they’ve handled it. The whole tweet with pitting TB & JW’s numbers with JW’s INT’s & pick-six stats was really uncalled for. All that stuff is great you mentioned, but if they don’t open up the pocketbooks & shore up some of the glaring issues the roster has had the past 5 years Jameis was QB, it’s all moot anyway. I’ll wait & see before I get excited. You know...” A Bucs Life” & all. ;)

I don’t really disagree with anything you’ve said. Just a little disappointed in the way they’ve handled it. The whole tweet with pitting TB & JW’s numbers with JW’s INT’s & pick-six stats was really uncalled for. All that stuff is great you mentioned, but if they don’t open up the pocketbooks & shore up some of the glaring issues the roster has had the past 5 years Jameis was QB, it’s all moot anyway. I’ll wait & see before I get excited. You know...” A Bucs Life” & all. ;)
Looks like we are trying to get Dion Lewis back with Brady and the run game. I hope we draft Cam tho or that kid from Wisconsin. We need a run game for sure.

Reactions: -OB1-
Gronk is still solid but he’ll never be the old Gronk.

Now they need couple of good lineman and if they could get a couple defensive backs (maybe trade OJ Howard) and draft Akers to be featured back. He knows how to catch passes and block. We know he knows how to run

Now they need couple of good lineman and if they could get a couple defensive backs (maybe trade OJ Howard) and draft Akers to be featured back. He knows how to catch passes and block. We know he knows how to run
Gronk is about 280. Getting him is almost like getting another lineman, especially in the run game.

If they cannot block upfront it means nothing lol I watched Winston run for his life all year .... Brady cannot do that lol Bruce better get quick schemes going

If they cannot block upfront it means nothing lol I watched Winston run for his life all year .... Brady cannot do that lol Bruce better get quick schemes going
Jameis had as much time as any NFL quarterback gets. Bucs oline considered in top half of the league at pass blocking, Saying otherwise is done to give Jameis excuses. Just like gators excused every bad pass Tebow threw.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT