ADVERTISEMENT

What firearms are on your Christmas list?

APK Nole

Seminole Insider
Gold Member
Nov 15, 2006
I’m hoping to find a Sig p320 in a desired configuration or a p229 if I’m really lucky.

For a rifle, planning to add a Tikka CTR in 6.5 to the arsenal.

What’s on your list?

Don’t need any right now. I did put a nice double rifle carry bag on my wishlist. Will be nice to have one bag to take to range.

i could never get on with the sig p229. just never felt right for me.

my brother has an sti 2011 that i adore but is WAAAYYYYY out of my available spare cash price range.

i still remain convinced that a sig mpx pistol with 4.5" barrel option is the ultimate home defense firearm. just fantastic and highly dependable.

Reactions: fsukenny

my brother has an sti 2011 that i adore but is WAAAYYYYY out of my available spare cash price range.

i still remain convinced that a sig mpx pistol with 4.5" barrel option is the ultimate home defense firearm. just fantastic and highly dependable.

The STI is neat but for the money, would rather just get a Nighthawk.

what was it about the 320 you didn’t like?

I’m hoping to find a Sig p320 in a desired configuration or a p229 if I’m really lucky.

What’s on your list?
If you have been a really good boy, ask Santa for a Wilson Combat version pf the Sig p320. I generally am not crazy about striker fired pistols, but the WCP320 is pure fire.

I also love the Langdon Tactical upgrade of the 92Elite. Amazing firearm.

Lots of options out there, obviously. You have identified some good ones.

Reactions: GbrNole
If you have been a really good boy, ask Santa for a Wilson Combat version pf the Sig p320. I generally am not crazy about striker fired pistols, but the WCP320 is pure fire.

I also love the Langdon Tactical upgrade of the 92Elite. Amazing firearm.

Lots of options out there, obviously. You have identified some good ones.

Most of the extra milling on the slide is purely aesthetic which I don’t like, that said my plan is to find a compact and upgrading to the WC standard grip, which they make with the slot for external safety.

problem is I can’t find a black compact or carry with the safety. Just the FDE m18.

Most of the extra milling on the slide is purely aesthetic which I don’t like, that said my plan is to find a compact and upgrading to the WC standard grip, which they make with the slot for external safety.

problem is I can’t find a black compact or carry with the safety. Just the FDE m18.
Gunbroker?

Last edited by a moderator:
@GbrNole ever look at Steyr guns? I have a buddy who raves about his. Interesting item. Thanks.
Beautiful guns. I’ve never had the pleasure but my brother does have an FN SCAR 20s which has a lot of similarities to steyr’s sporting rifles.

that SCAR is awesome.

i do like that steyr’s pistol draws influence from a lot of different handguns. I’d like to try that one some day.

I’d like to hold the new steyr striker fired handgun but good luck finding one of those.

CZ BREN 2 would be modern AR if I was looking for one.
I love all CZ products, so I am sure the BREN 2 is another gem. Looks fantastic. I am not in the market for one of those, but it’s up there with the Daniel Defense stuff.

So many great options out there….only so much time and money, however. 😎

that thing is like an activist's wet dream. has about every outrage bell and whistle they could ever think of!
Wut? I have 10+ ARs and a Bren2 as well and I like it a lot. Granted I put over 1k just into mods for it with a new lower that accepts AR triggers, new HBI Handguard etc. It's sweet. But to your point my home defense and SHTF guns are all ar15s, they are a little lighter and just have a comfort factor for me. I do have a few other CZs and they are all fantastic.

What’s on your list?
Got a p226 legion a few months ago and it's by far the best handgun I've ever handled or shot. Love sig handguns in general.

Wut? I have 10+ ARs and a Bren2 as well and I like it a lot. Granted I put over 1k just into mods for it with a new lower that accepts AR triggers, new HBI Handguard etc. It's sweet. But to your point my home defense and SHTF guns are all ar15s, they are a little lighter and just have a comfort factor for me. I do have a few other CZs and they are all fantastic.
I was more speaking to the fact that it has shades of ak to go along with its AR base and the folding stock was the cherry on top sure to enrage any uneducated gun hater.

Back to the OPs question, I build my own ARs and have one in pretty much every flavor but the one that still alludes me is a Knights Armament SR15. I've been researching them lately and they have a unique rounded bolt that just makes them even smoother and more reliable than other ARs so I'm thinking I'll pick up one of their uppers in the next couple months. Also want a new SCAR with the new non reciprocating charging handle.

Not much worth buying here in NY, hopefully relocating this summer and then it's on.

I need something for the home so either a Benelli M4 12 gauge or a Panzer BP12. Wife already said no so gotta decide which one I want to buy. I'm all set on pistols.

Any insight on the HK USP Expert?

I have some Sig, CZ, Glock and Beretta units that probably “fill this pattern,” but holiday boredom caused me to look at this HK option.

Thanks!

I have some Sig, CZ, Glock and Beretta units that probably “fill this pattern,” but holiday boredom caused me to look at this HK option.

Thanks!
Not apples to apples, but I held the HK45 tactical the other day and really liked how it felt, it has also undergone rigorous military testing with stellar reliability, it's made stateside instead of in Germany which is kind of a bummer, but it's one of the only handguns I currently want but don't already own.

There are a couple of used ones from some credible dealers for less than a $1000. Just an FYI.

Thanks!
Don't have the 45 (godda--- hand canon) but have the P30 in 9mm...love it.
I'm not a Glock or Sig guy but love CZ and HK...and I have the Beretta M9 in 22lr for the wife.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT