ADVERTISEMENT

Whistlepig's Black Prince Rye declared the world's best whiskey/whisky

bl9dFWM.png
Thank you. Will be spending some money at ABC soon!

Give me good ol' Canadian Club. Guess with age, and being retired watching expenses, I have mellowed in my tastes. Use to be a bourbon drinker, Jack or Maker's. Moved to mellower Canadians; Crown, 40 Creek, then Wisers. Now drink CC. $20 for a 1.75. :( Fits my budget and taste buds.

Reactions: FSUTribe76
I am not a whiskey / bourbon person, but stumbled into this stuff.

https://jeffersonsbourbon.com/jeffersons-ocean/

I guess the weather and agitation could do something, but its a "cool story bro" if nothing else. This stuff would definitely be better traveled than 98+% of the population if it crossed the equator 4 + times.
I had some when we were in Louisville. The story is better than the bourbon. It's not bad but it's not what they want to make it out to be.

MS Liquors in Market Square has a bottle of the Whistle Pig. Yours for only $585!

Had a buddy of mine who knows I'm a Knob Creek fan call to say this is available in a limited number at one of the liquor stores in town. The wife will have a hard time understanding me buying another $100+ bottle.

single-barrel-25-wide.jpg

A Celebratory Bourbon
Well Worth the Wait

Twenty-Five years ago, when Booker Noe bottled the first batch of Knob Creek® bourbon, he inadvertently started a small batch movement. A quarter century later, Booker’s son Fred Noe carries on his legacy, holding every barrel to the same rigorous Pre-Prohibition style standards. And to this day, Knob Creek® remains the benchmark for full-flavored bourbon.

To celebrate the staying power of hard-earned flavor, we’re bottling a limited edition, unfiltered* and cask strength single barrel bourbon. This bourbon is truly a high point in Knob Creek®’s proud history. This is our first ever bourbon bottled at barrel strength. Now you can experience the exceptional flavor profile of these personally selected barrels as if you were at the warehouse in Clermont: uncut and unblended.

Had a buddy of mine who knows I'm a Knob Creek fan call to say this is available in a limited number at one of the liquor stores in town. The wife will have a hard time understanding me buying another $100+ bottle.

single-barrel-25-wide.jpg

A Celebratory Bourbon
Well Worth the Wait

Twenty-Five years ago, when Booker Noe bottled the first batch of Knob Creek® bourbon, he inadvertently started a small batch movement. A quarter century later, Booker’s son Fred Noe carries on his legacy, holding every barrel to the same rigorous Pre-Prohibition style standards. And to this day, Knob Creek® remains the benchmark for full-flavored bourbon.

To celebrate the staying power of hard-earned flavor, we’re bottling a limited edition, unfiltered* and cask strength single barrel bourbon. This bourbon is truly a high point in Knob Creek®’s proud history. This is our first ever bourbon bottled at barrel strength. Now you can experience the exceptional flavor profile of these personally selected barrels as if you were at the warehouse in Clermont: uncut and unblended.

Btw, I just got a bottle of Ardbeg An Oa ($60-65) as I needed a heavy smoke Scotch for a cocktail we wanted to serve. And I have to say I was really surprised at how much I loved it. Normally, I’m not a huge fan of Islays (I have several Ardbergs and Laphroags but they’re mainly there as part of the collection/to do a nice tasting and they tend to sit around a long time) but this one was fantastic. If you want a heavy smoke Scotch for variety/cocktail sake, I’d highly rec this one. Definitely my favorite heavy smoke whiskey I’ve tried.

Last edited:
Reactions: DFSNOLE
I can drink Rye if need be, but it is generally sweet for my taste. I agree with Bulliet Rye being better than their bourbon.
Knob Creek is my go to. I recommend Larceny as a good quality sub $40 bottle of bourbon.
I recently tried 1792 and it has a good smokey flavor similar to Knob. Would recommend also.

I can drink Rye if need be, but it is generally sweet for my taste. I agree with Bulliet Rye being better than their bourbon.
Knob Creek is my go to. I recommend Larceny as a good quality sub $40 bottle of bourbon.
I recently tried 1792 and it has a good smokey flavor similar to Knob. Would recommend also.

I'm not a big fan of rye in whiskeys or beer. Just not my thing. I have bottles of Woodford, Elijah Craig and Makers 64 in my cabinet. I have a bourbon maybe once or twice a month so they last me awhile lol. I usually reach for the Elijah first.

I'm not a big fan of rye in whiskeys or beer. Just not my thing. I have bottles of Woodford, Elijah Craig and Makers 64 in my cabinet. I have a bourbon maybe once or twice a month so they last me awhile lol. I usually reach for the Elijah first.
Of your list, only the Elijah Craig is a high rye bourbon. Makers and Woodford are both wheated.

Of your list, only the Elijah Craig is a high rye bourbon. Makers and Woodford are both wheated.

Is 13% rye considered a high rye? The bottle I have is the small batch.

NM. Google answered my question. High rye is over 20% of the mash bill. Elijah Craig small batch is 13%

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT