ADVERTISEMENT

Women's Soccer

There is a thread that is always going on here. FSU sports website has some information. There are podcasts that specialize in college soccer like "college soccer nation."
Thank you… what about soccer recruiting?

Another site is reporting that Kristina Lynch has transferred to ND. Can anyone confirm that?

I heard last evening about Lynch. Very smart athlete who wanted to pursue her scholastic interests at Notre Dame. The other loss we have ( I am told) is Zipay. It had nothing to do with the new or old coach - she just felt she wasn't the right fit for soccer at this level and had always planned to move on.

Now, the better news. Obviously, our new coach is having one on one meetings with all the players. I understand now, our Canadian freshman is at least hearing him out and its not as much of an automatic departure because she only came here to play for him. Perhaps the level of hope for her staying has risen to "Hopeful" instead of an automatic loss. Plus our returning superstars haven't made a decision. Keeping fingers crossed.

I heard last evening about Lynch. Very smart athlete who wanted to pursue her scholastic interests at Notre Dame. The other loss we have ( I am told) is Zipay. It had nothing to do with the new or old coach - she just felt she wasn't the right fit for soccer at this level and had always planned to move on.

Now, the better news. Obviously, our new coach is having one on one meetings with all the players. I understand now, our Canadian freshman is at least hearing him out and its not as much of an automatic departure because she only came here to play for him. Perhaps the level of hope for her staying has risen to "Hopeful" instead of an automatic loss. Plus our returning superstars haven't made a decision. Keeping fingers crossed.

Great info, thanks. Interesting about Zipay because it's opposite of what TOS is reporting.

Reactions: fsufool
There is a thread that is always going on here. FSU sports website has some information. There are podcasts that specialize in college soccer like "college soccer nation."
It’s a good listen (as are all the shows in general from that pod) if you follow womens college soccer.

Reactions: ranger43
I just listened to it - especially the last half that included the interview of our new coach. I have to say I was impressed and would highly encourage every FSU soccer fan to do the same to gain some insight.

Can you provide a link to the podcast? Thank you.

Really hope the staff remains. I think that will go a long way in retaining the current roster as well as recruiting relationships that have already been established.

Go Noles!
I saw one if the assistants at UT (joe kirt) was promoted to HC, so maybe that is an indicator. Suppose we will know more after the press conference today.

Man if Pensky can win over the young ladies and the previous staff then we are looking at a man who has the ability to recruit. Just keeping 80% percent of the staff and players is a tough pull.

If Pensky can keep a possession game, but with an emphasis on quick strikes when available we could have a very entertaining season.

As much I admired Coach K's. teams they were often slow offensively, very methodical. I love a good midfield build up as much as the next fan, but there were times when I would have loved to see Jody Brown tracking an overtop pass from the backline.

Last edited:
I love a good midfield build up as much as the next fan, but there were times when I would have loved to see Jody Brown tracking an overtop pass from the backline.
There were times when I thought our plodding style held Olsson back too. Thought we should have been more aggressive getting her the ball too. And Bissell seemed to have some small area quickness with good feet that could be taken advantage of.

I was very impressed with Brian Pensky's introductory comments. He's a great communicator and showed excellent perception and depth.

I didn't get much about his style of play or recruiting strategies except that they will be different.

It's inescapable that the program falls back but Brian gives me hope for the future.

Spoke with a current player at the Baseball game on Saturday. She said that most of the team was at a minimum, giving Pensky a chance to make his pitch. She wasn't going anywhere and said that it was a "business". Her thoughts seemed to be that Mike and Imo were staying.

Spoke with a current player at the Baseball game on Saturday. She said that most of the team was at a minimum, giving Pensky a chance to make his pitch. She wasn't going anywhere and said that it was a "business". Her thoughts seemed to be that Mike and Imo were staying.
Did she give any indication on what the big issue was with MK and the AD?

Encourage you to catch the interview with Lane Herdt and BP on Seminoles.com.

When asked about his stylistic preferences, BP said he liked to possess the ball but didn’t like to have an over abundance of 1-0 results. “I like to know when it’s time to possess and when it’s time to stick a dagger in the opponent’s heart.”

Just glad it wasn't Coach K. I would have hated to see several of our players follow him over there, not to mention Coach himself. I would have been heart broken and POed!
I know he and the AD didn't like each other, but I never got the impression that Coach K was going to do FSU, or his players, dirty and go be the coach in Hogtown.

I know he and the AD didn't like each other, but I never got the impression that Coach K was going to do FSU, or his players, dirty and go be the coach in Hogtown.

I didn't think he would. I thought that his relationship with FSU overall would prevent it, but.....it was still at the back of my mind. 😉

Reactions: NoleFreak85
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT