ADVERTISEMENT

Women's Soccer

Here is my concern.
With all the players in the portal trying to decide whether or not to come back, what will we do if many decide not to come back?
It's too late to re-recruit and the portal offerings at that late date will undoubtedly be meager.

I'm hopeful, most will decide to join us (incoming recruits) or return (veterans).

Reactions: Noles61
I believe the key indicator will be what the assistant coaches decide to do. Right now, they are still here (which is a good thing). However, if Coach K were to land another head coaching elsewhere, I could see them possibly leaving to follow him.

I saw elsewhere that Nighswonger, Zipay, Flynn, Gilchrist and Roque have all withdrawn their names from the portal.
Olivia Smith, Clara Robbins, Emily Madril, Beata Olsson, a few other incoming freshman are still in the portal.
It's a good start, but Robbins, Madril and Olsson are key. Olivia Smith is a star where ever she goes. Hope it's here!

I saw elsewhere that Nighswonger, Zipay, Flynn, Gilchrist and Roque have all withdrawn their names from the portal.
Olivia Smith, Clara Robbins, Emily Madril, Beata Olsson, a few other incoming freshman are still in the portal.
It's a good start, but Robbins, Madril and Olsson are key. Olivia Smith is a star where ever she goes. Hope it's here!
so far so good. Fingers crossed.

Madril, Robbins and I think Nighswonger are playing for Racing Louisville’s dev team this summer. I’m sure that’s a great opportunity to get exposure.
Let’s hope to see them and everyone else all return this season. Glad to hear some are out of the portal already.

Madril, Robbins and I think Nighswonger are playing for Racing Louisville’s dev team this summer. I’m sure that’s a great opportunity to get exposure.
Let’s hope to see them and everyone else all return this season. Glad to hear some are out of the portal already.

Clara got a hat trick tonight.

To score a 'brace' means that you have scored two goals in a game as opposed to 3 goals is a hat trick.

See Twitter post above:

Robbins nabs the brace after connecting on a ball from Whitsett!

Robbins for the hat trick! She cleans up a loose ball in the box for her third of the night.

The new turf must be loving the rain today.

MtpqteF.jpg

College Soccer Nation reported on their new pod this week that none of the assistants are staying at FSU.

• Sad
Reactions: billanole
We still haven't heard where and when Mark will land.
Just as long as it's not in Hogtown!
That is about the only thing that will make me dislike Mark!

Didn't uf hire someone already?

They hired Samantha Bohon

College Soccer Nation reported on their new pod this week that none of the assistants are staying at FSU
For those that haven’t listened to this podcast before you may want to give it a try. They have a prior podcast with Pensky shortly before MK resigned so it was interesting to hear his history and his take on his TN team. Also MK appeared just before last season began and just after the NC Thanks for sharing Geo

Reactions: jgking83
Any news regarding our program lately? Tia
I started following Racing’s Twitter after jaelin was drafted and noticed mentions of our team in their W league team (Development league) Racing louisville

Madril and Robbins have been playing well for them.. Madril made the league’s team of the month in May. Robbins has been getting more play lately and has been scoring a lot.
Team of month

I believe the main 2 we are waiting on are Madril and Olsson.
Get those 2 back and we should be formidable.
Pensky has one year to prove he can coach at the FSU level, or we will experience a huge
drop-off IMO.
After this year, we lose a ton of talent. If Pensky somehow leads us to another natty, then recruits and
transfers will line up. If not, I expect us to fall back a bit.

I believe the main 2 we are waiting on are Madril and Olsson.
Get those 2 back and we should be formidable.
Pensky has one year to prove he can coach at the FSU level, or we will experience a huge
drop-off IMO.
After this year, we lose a ton of talent. If Pensky somehow leads us to another natty, then recruits and
transfers will line up. If not, I expect us to fall back a bit.
What have you heard on Robbins?

I would like to think we should be hearing something soon! We are literally just over a month from practice starting.

Reactions: cnole1 and FLSnole
I would like to think we should be hearing something soon! We are literally just over a month from practice starting.
Anyone watch the USWNT v. Columbia friendly last night?
The veterans all looked iffy, especially Hogan. That missed penalty kick was pathetic. She either hasn't fully recovered from her knee injury or she was picked just because the coach feared putting the young ones on the field. Howell is a better player at this moment. And those other youngsters, especially Sanchez, are fire. Combine them with Lavelle/Smith and the other mid career players and you have another dominant team. I think this will be our least dominant WC team in a while, unless he goes with youth. 4 years from now, that team is going to one of our best.

Reactions: nolewreck
A source from another site who has always been straight up and accurate told me he expects Olsson and Madril to be back.
To be accurate, he hasn't verified that with them. That is his feeling! I'll take any good news I can get!

Patience isn't my strong suit, but I guess another 3-4 weeks before we know roster is all we have. Both Madril and Olsen back means this team goes back to womens cup. 1 of the 2 and we're still deep into tournament.

As an aside, you all remember Diana Ordonez ( big striker from Virginia) ? Well it turns out she is as good a pro as she was in college. She was a thorn in our side multiple times while with Virginia. She now plays with my home town NWSL team NC Courage and is play 70+ minutes a game. It is a pleasure to be rooting for her now.

A source from another site who has always been straight up and accurate told me he expects Olsson and Madril to be back.
To be accurate, he hasn't verified that with them. That is his feeling! I'll take any good news I can get!
TOS is saying they believe Madril is turning pro.

I did hear on CSN podcast that FSU opens the season at South Carolina.

I see they host Duke and then UNC on back to back Thursday’s in October.

Reactions: Crazyhorse20
ADVERTISEMENT