ADVERTISEMENT

Women's Softball

Riddle me this. How is it that Alabama is above Oklahoma? And don't get me started on Tennessee with twelve, count them 12, losses.

This is where all the SEC schools in top 25 gives Alabama #1. Also, OU is #2 because of games not played at home as opposed to play poor teams not at home. Just go look at who OU has played. Then look at the Big 12 conference records. Only Texas and OSU are ranked.

Reactions: ParooKid
This is where all the SEC schools in top 25 gives Alabama #1. Also, OU is #2 because of games not played at home as opposed to play poor teams not at home. Just go look at who OU has played. Then look at the Big 12 conference records. Only Texas and OSU are ranked.
Thanks, that was a help.

This is also why all but one SEC school got into a regional last year. Well all but one of the schools that has a softball team.

Alabama did beat VT twice 1-0 and 2-0. I'm guessing
VT woke up after that!
Alabama doesn't do that right now!

The VT coach was right when he reportedly said his CF Darby Troll is the best in the conference.
She hit the ball well. She fielded extremely well. On multiple occasions, Syd's double and Muffley's single (double on most CFers) she played the carom perfectly and hit the 2B in the air with great accuracy.
She also easily threw out Mudge at home. Don't run on that girl if there is a question.
I'd take her in a heart beat!

The VT coach was right when he reportedly said his CF Darby Troll is the best in the conference.
She hit the ball well. She fielded extremely well. On multiple occasions, Syd's double and Muffley's single (double on most CFers) she played the carom perfectly and hit the 2B in the air with great accuracy.
She also easily threw out Mudge at home. Don't run on that girl if there is a question.
I'd take her in a heart beat!
Ditto. Talent is obvious.

Let's not even find out or give the committee an opportunity to screw FSU again and send us to an SEC Super Host
We just need to close well. If the rankings were in concrete today (and I know they aren't) we would host and get a Super . If you look at the current rankings below we have won games that matter:
  1. Alabama ranked #3 when we played them,
  2. VT ranked #5 when we played them,
  3. UCLA ranked #3 when we played them ,
  4. Florida ranked # 6 when we played them ,
  5. Texas ranked # 9 when we played them,
  6. Tennessee ranked # 15 when we played them
  7. UCF ranked #24 when we played them,
  8. Michigan ranked 16 when we played them.
We still have games against :
  1. OK St. 3 games currently #8,
  2. Clemson 3 games currently #17
  3. UF currently #10.
If we take care of our own schedule we should be fine. I might add that we are #4 in current RPI and based on our schedule I am not sure it won't be higher. If we continue to win our biggest concern seems to be teams like UF, UCF , UGA, and Auburn falling. If they do they could get sent to Tally. The latest ranking are below: We just have to finish strong.
RANKTEAMOVERALL RECORDPREVIOUS RANK
1Oklahoma36-01
2Alabama 33-55
3Virginia Tech29-54
4Florida State37-43
5UCLA32-52
6Arkansas28-710
7Northwestern27-66
8Oklahoma State31-77
9Duke32-59
10Florida30-98
11Arizona State 28-513
12Kentucky 27-911
13Georgia33-814
14Texas30-10-115
15Washington22-1116
16Tennessee26-1212
17Clemson30-1019
18UCF34-1023
19Oregon State31-920
20Oregon 24-1117
21Michigan 23-1222
22Auburn 29-918
23Notre Dame30-7NR
24San Diego State27-1125
25Stanford26-10NR

Happy to report that in the mail today I received my new beauty tag from the Coaches Club. It was a surprise since I didn't know there would be a separate one aside from the Booster Tag. Also, included was a refrigerator magnet. I'm a happy camper. It doesn't take much to make me happy.😉

PS...did anyone else get a robo call from Gene Deckerhof?

All I care about is being top 8 and regional/super regional host!
Send LSU's butt here!

Reactions: Noles61

Yes,

Happy to report that in the mail today I received my new beauty tag from the Coaches Club. It was a surprise since I didn't know there would be a separate one aside from the Booster Tag. Also, included was a refrigerator magnet. I'm a happy camper. It doesn't take much to make me happy.😉

YES

Our outfielders have made almost no great plays. There have been a ton of plays that we almost made.
Jahni is involved in at least 3 of those I can remember.
Give me that CFer from VTech!
p.s. Kalei has made a couple of outstanding throws, but she is poor at getting the proper or quick jump on the ball. Kaley is average in range and an average or below average arm.
Jahni's hs coach bragged she would steal hits roaming the outfield. Maybe next year, when/if she regains her quickness/speed, she'll make some excellent plays!

Last edited:
Reactions: FletchCC
Our outfielders have made almost no great plays. There have been a ton of plays that we almost made.
Jahni is involved in at least 3 of those I can remember.
Give me that CFer from VTech!
p.s. Kalei has made a couple of outstanding throws, but she is poor at getting the proper or quick jump on the ball. Kaley is average in range and an average or below average arm.
Jahni's hs coach bragged she would steal hits roaming the outfield. Maybe next year, when/if she regains her quickness/speed, she'll make some excellent plays!
Mudge has made plays. Harding is playing out of position (necessity) and Kerr is recovering from a really bad injury. If we had other options I assume we would be using them. Ross may eventually be an option. Season is winding down so maybe they do not want to rock the boat this late.

I'm not happy saying this, but our centerfielder is an absolute disaster. We couldn't hide her if we tried, they would find her. She does fairly well on balls left or right of her. (good but not great) Line drives totally befuddle her, especially those right at her.

Not but one way to cure her problems. Literally, a thousand balls hit to her, left to right, right to left, straight back. Run her little legs off. Start now in practice, and in the off season make her really get after it. I did that with my son in little league right through high school and it turned him from bad (little league) to outstanding in high school. The best one in Orlando/Winter Park/Lake Brantley area. It works, if she has the speed and is willing to work at her craft. It also takes a dedicated coach and parent willing to put in the extra work.

She obviously has talent, it just needs to be brought out into the open.

Don't disagree but who would you replace her with? Wacaser is not good enough, Ross has not looked good, have not seen Hartly, Riggs, Culp.

Mudge can play center but then who in left.

We need 2 more solid bats but don't have any there either.

When is Keen going to be back or is she out for season?

Don't disagree but who would you replace her with? Wacaser is not good enough, Ross has not looked good, have not seen Hartly, Riggs, Culp.

Not soon is my impression. If it is much longer, would they waste a year of her eligibility for a partial year of playing time? Kerr is learning on the job and that's a bad time to do it. They seem to love her, so she is it, good, bad, or indifferent.

We have hardly seen Ross in the OF.
Belviy would be my choice to at least get a look!
From an all around OF point of view, we don't have any outstanding OFers.
Mudge is good, but her range is not great and her arm is average at best.
Kerr gets bad jumps and her arm is average at best. She goes to the wrong base occasionally.
Harding has a great arm, but gets a horrible jump and catches of any difficulty look very disjointed.
I'd love to see more of Belviy and Ross!

• Sad
Reactions: Noles61
Kerr gets bad jumps and her arm is average at best. She goes to the wrong base occasionally.
Harding has a great arm, but gets a horrible jump and catches of any difficulty look very disjointed.
I thought Ross was an infielder? I know that people can play different positions but if she has no experience there, probably not a good option.

I do not attend games in person, so you have a better perspective, but I thought Harding has made significant improvement in reacting to balls this year.

We miss Landers a lot. And I think they expected some of the young bats to be better than they currently are. When batters 7 through 9 are hitting (Clearwater) it changes the team dynamic significantly. Lately they have not unfortunately. Hopefully they can get hot when it matters.

I'm not happy saying this, but our centerfielder is an absolute disaster. We couldn't hide her if we tried, they would find her. She does fairly well on balls left or right of her. (good but not great) Line drives totally befuddle her, especially those right at her.

Not but one way to cure her problems. Literally, a thousand balls hit to her, left to right, right to left, straight back. Run her little legs off. Start now in practice, and in the off season make her really get after it. I did that with my son in little league right through high school and it turned him from bad (little league) to outstanding in high school. The best one in Orlando/Winter Park/Lake Brantley area. It works, if she has the speed and is willing to work at her craft. It also takes a dedicated coach and parent willing to put in the extra work.

She obviously has talent, it just needs to be brought out into the open.
She is playing out of position. CF needs major speed and ability to go in all directions and she just can't right now. If she is playing she needs to be in right.

Keen was not a solution to anything- in fact the current alignment is about the best available unless we have a CF on our bench we are not aware of.

One of them would need to really stand out. Ross is the only one that might could play center as she has major wheels and would just need reps.

I thought Ross was an infielder? I know that people can play different positions but if she has no experience there, probably not a good option.

I do not attend games in person, so you have a better perspective, but I thought Harding has made significant improvement in reacting to balls this year.

We miss Landers a lot. And I think they expected some of the young bats to be better than they currently are. When batters 7 through 9 are hitting (Clearwater) it changes the team dynamic significantly. Lately they have not unfortunately. Hopefully they can get hot when it matters.
Ross came in as a SS. Those kinds of fielders can play anywhere with a little work. Riggs and Wacaser came in as OF and were highly thought of-- so maybe Riggs can play center. Landers may solve some of this but not this year.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT