ADVERTISEMENT

Women's Softball

Jahni Kerr needs to be replaced in CF.
That should have been a routine fly out, but she literally stood in place for 2 seconds before running towards where the ball was hit. Of course she didn't catch it!

A double on one where Harding should catch it.
ONce again, I can't recall 2 outstanding catches we've made in the outfield all year!
The coaching staff needs to do a lot LOT LOT LOT of work with outfielders getting jumps and
actually catching the ball.
We are below average in OF defense. Heck Kerr made that high popout look tough doing a running
basket catch once again because she got a horrible jump.

A double on one where Harding should catch it.
ONce again, I can't recall 2 outstanding catches we've made in the outfield all year!
The coaching staff needs to do a lot LOT LOT LOT of work with outfielders getting jumps and
actually catching the ball.
We are below average in OF defense. Heck Kerr made that high popout look tough doing a running
basket catch once again because she got a horrible jump.
You are correct- we look poor to a below average team. Not a good look.

How in the world does FSU lose to a horrible unc team in softball. What a poor performance!
Definitely been some bad losses this year. Not sure what is wrong. They do not look like a team that can make it to the WCWS. Need 2 really good pitchers, and currently we only have 1.

• Sad
Reactions: NoleLizards
I would love to know why DuBois is not pitching.
1. Not as good as advertised and Coacha wants a year to develop her.
2. Injured
3. Simply wanting to save her for depth next year.

Does anyone know?
If it's 3, forget redshirting her and pitch her now. We need help this year!

Reactions: FletchCC
I doubt that will happen. Lonni has her plan and it’s not like her to make a mid-season change like that. And pitching is not the predominant problem. The entire team is sleep walking.

I doubt that will happen. Lonni has her plan and it’s not like her to make a mid-season change like that. And pitching is not the predominant problem. The entire team is sleep walking.
I get that. Do you know which of the 3 options I listed above it is?

Reactions: ParooKid
This team is totally lifeless. I feel something is going on behind the scenes we don't know about.

• Sad
Reactions: NoleLizards
Someone said a few weeks ago that they know what this team is prior to this crucial month. Wonder if they still know?!? Jury still out for me. I liked it much better when Watson was Friday night starter. Feel it gave more options Saturday and Sunday. Or hell just throw Kat every game like VT does with Roach or whatever her name is.

DuBois told me the first weekend she was redshirting this season, I don't know why.

Watson did better to start season but looks like some has lost confidence.

In retrospect did not use younger pitcher's in nonconference games early in season to get reps or adjust to college.

Outfielders have not developed yet. Mudge is only reliable one, no improvement in batting for bench players. No go to DP with Keen out and Landers gone for season.

So all in all amazing they have only 5 losses. Must get another pitcher besides Kat for when she has off day. Using Leonard right off 1st base is not ideal.

Clemson and Okie State series will be a good indicator where they are at heading into post season.

Reactions: 62Nole and ParooKid
This team does not quit, could have bailed out vs VT, and really could have been 2 of 3 from them if Flaherty's triple was a couple inches higher.
I concur. We get too analytical on losses. Big Picture is we are Ok- just need to liven up and find a late lineup spark. I concur we need to try someone else in center.

Well, I just caught up with today's game its safe to say Kalie Harding is on fire!

I noticed FSU's four home runs were to right center today - and they were all of a good distance - but I guess it helps out mentally that the North Carolina field is a little shorter than Graf at 200' all the way around.

So I'm thinking Anderson Stadium is better for homers but maybe not as good for doubles and triples? The patch of woods in the background was lovely but only 500 fixed seats sounds pretty small.

While I'm at it the single announcer on tv seemed okay - at least he kept up with the actual game and would apologize when he got it wrong - not sure but they may have had only two cameras.

Looking forward to getting back to it Tuesday at 5 versus Stetson!

Well, I just caught up with today's game its safe to say Kalie Harding is on fire!

I noticed FSU's four home runs were to right center today - and they were all of a good distance - but I guess it helps out mentally that the North Carolina field is a little shorter than Graf at 200' all the way around.

So I'm thinking Anderson Stadium is better for homers but maybe not as good for doubles and triples? The patch of woods in the background was lovely but only 500 fixed seats sounds pretty small.

While I'm at it the single announcer on tv seemed okay - at least he kept up with the actual game and would apologize when he got it wrong - not sure but they may have had only two cameras.

Looking forward to getting back to it Tuesday at 5 versus Stetson!
What was interesting was the shift they had on most of the game in the outfield. The RF was playing right center and the CF was playing LC and the LF was playing almost on the line in left. It led to a lot of late inning doubles in what would have been routine RF.

Reactions: squiffynole
Wow! Autumn Belviy made an outstanding catch to end the game.
That's the best outfield catch I've seen this year by FSU!
If she could get her bat to wake up, we'd have something.

Did you notice how slow Kerr was to reacting to the ball? Autumn was going all out which was the way Kerr played the first few weeks but does not any more.

Not for certain but Sandercock not honored during Seniors so she may be coming back.

Excerpt from Coaches Club email.

This weekend we will celebrate our Seniors & their families (Sydney Sherrill, Maegan Tomlinson & Danielle Watson).

At our Senior Sendoff we will recognize Kiersten Landers as she is transferring due to the COVID extra year (she will be playing at another school but ALWAYS considered our family to us).

Did the tv commentators say anything about Lonni last night? I arrived after the introductions and after a while noticed Kayleigh Rafter was managing the pitching and Travis Wilson handling the substitutions.

Did the tv commentators say anything about Lonni last night? I arrived after the introductions and after a while noticed Kayleigh Rafter was managing the pitching and Travis Wilson handling the substitutions.
I watched almost the entire game and didn't hear them mention it. It's possible they did when I stepped away for about 15 min though.

Did you notice how slow Kerr was to reacting to the ball? Autumn was going all out which was the way Kerr played the first few weeks but does not any more.
Watch the replay again. Kerr is running full speed until she sees Autumn and then lets up. I agree that she is slower and reacting with one less step than last year but she was going full throttle there.

Watch the replay again. Kerr is running full speed until she sees Autumn and then lets up. I agree that she is slower and reacting with one less step than last year but she was going full throttle there.
I just think Kerr is not a speedy CF. She lacks CF skills (going back and forward/side to side). She lost a lot to the injury and appears to me to have lost movement. Her plate appearances have been hit or mostly wave at the ball. Not sure I would not try to platoon her and Ross and see if we get some momentum.

I just think Kerr is not a speedy CF. She lacks CF skills (going back and forward/side to side). She lost a lot to the injury and appears to me to have lost movement. Her plate appearances have been hit or mostly wave at the ball. Not sure I would not try to platoon her and Ross and see if we get some momentum.
100% agree. I think we need to make some kind of switch there. Autumn's dive says there might be a good candidate.

She seems to have picked up her game lately. When she makes contact she is whipping the hell out of the ball. She isn't hopelessly waving at low outside pitches as much as she was.Perhaps, her game is evolving or am I just hoping?
100% agree. I think we need to make some kind of switch there. Autumn's dive says there might be a good candidate.
If she can hit a lick, she definitely is a candidate.

Bats need to heat up for the next two series. Clemson is only hitting .288 (3 battters over .300) but OSU is hitting .313 (with 7 batters over .300). FSU is hitting .296 ( 5 batters over .300 and Syd cloase at .299).

Pitching ERA is close too, Clemson @ 1.80, FSU 1.85 and OSU at 1.88

Ranking is #4 FSU, #8 OSU and #17 Clemson.

Should be a good next two weeks to better understand where FSU is at.

Last edited:
I appreciate all of you who follow these ladies closely. Some excellent insight in here. Really appreciate @Lanoles for your dedication and consistency.

Go Noles! I believe in this team and think a special run is right around the corner!

Bats need to heat up for the next two series. Clemson is only hitting .288 (3 battters over .300) but OSU is hitting .313 (with 7 batters over .300). FSU is hitting .296 ( 5 batters over .300 and Syd cloase at .299).

Pitching ERA is close too, Clemson @ 1.80, FSU 1.85 and OSU at 1.88

Ranking is #4 FSU, #8 OSU and #17 Clemson.

Should be a good next two weeks to better understand where FSU is at.
I concur- time to see what we are made of.

To do list -

✔️Invest game time in Autumn Belviy, Amaya Ross and Katie Bright.

✔️Get Mack Leonard a sticky glove.

✔️Teach Michaela Edenfield there is more than one kind of swing.

✔️Train Brooke Blankenship to run down pop flies like Josie Muffley.

✔️Give Troy Cameron something to do during games.

😜

ADVERTISEMENT