ADVERTISEMENT

Yearly article- Tallahassee man missing (Mike Williams)

Mugshot

636614030504649608-denise-williams.jpg

Reactions: BoNoles
So happy that Mike's mom can have closure. She has been through hell the past 18 years.

She used to walk up and down Bull Headley Road (exercise) looking like a broken woman.

It was obvious what happened and who did it, but thankfully they could finally prove it.

I feel bad for Mike's daughter, she grew up without a dad and her mom was responsible for his murder. And now she's likely loses her mom too.

Last edited:
You would never in a million years think this is how the soap opera played out. Denise was a southern belle-- she would occasionally show up at Food Lion to see Mike-- she was real pretty back then too. Now I watch her being taken out in handcuffs and I can't believe. Where is Dateline NBC or ABC's 20/20?
There is a great special if you haven't seen it, disappeared season 4. I saw it years ago and again recently

I read in one of the comments sections that it is on Comcast On Demand - not sure what episode.

But yes we need a new Dateline or Discovery ID special to finish the story. This really was something out of a movie.

Something tells me her days of deciding what to wear each day are pretty much over.

Body language tells you a lot. If you were wrongfully charged with and arrested for killing your spouse, would you say nothing and quietly walk in cuffs to the cop car??

Seems like this caper would have gone unsolved but-for her co-conspirator freaking out and being arrested-convicted for armed kidnapping. And that crime occurred because he was concerned this chick was going to spill the beans.

Reactions: GwinnettNole
I'm sure that's all negotiated in advance. FSU cops probably looking for some "good" PR.

Obviously coordinated, and your explanation makes as much sense as any. I hope she left her work affairs in good order.....yesterday was her last day of employment at FSU.

Interesting that she is using "Williams" as her last name now.

Can the freakin' Tallahassee Democrap have anymore popups on it's website? Can't navigate worth a piss on the page.

She looks like a hardened and mean woman. The eyes are not friendly or forgiving. Jackson County Sheriff's Detective Derrick Wester described her as "the coldest woman I have ever been around." This picture supports that quote. They will need to soften her up dramatically before she confronts her 12 jurors. I think she is guilty as hell based on her body language after the arrest. Someone should have coached her on that too.

She looks like a hardened and mean woman. The eyes are not friendly or forgiving. Jackson County Sheriff's Detective Derrick Wester described her as "the coldest woman I have ever been around." This picture supports that quote. They will need to soften her up dramatically before she confronts her 12 jurors. I think she is guilty as hell based on her body language after the arrest. Someone should have coached her on that too.

Derrick Wester is a good guy—- he was one of the first to help Ms. Williams (Mikes mom). I can only imagine his opinion of Denise and Brian...

Derrick Wester is a good guy—- he was one of the first to help Ms. Williams (Mikes mom). I can only imagine his opinion of Denise and Brian...

Would love to know the true motivation here: Was it strictly a money play to get the insurance? Was it an affair? Was it both (i.e., started with just hanky-panky, got more serious, someone realized Mike needed to get out of the way anyway, and, hey, why not pick up $2MM in the process?)? Or was the whole (later) marriage thing basically a scam to trigger the husband-wife privilege?

Truly fascinating stuff, and I hope all of the perpetrators rot in hell. The daughter is the ultimate completely helpless victim here.

Not yet. His attorney is quoted in an article saying he doesn't expect him to be charged and would testify with immunity.

You can tell from Jensen's comments that his client got immunity to roll over on the ex-wife. This was all a pre-packaged deal. Winchester got 20 years for the kidnapping (with much of that "really" applying to the murder), and now the ex-wife will likely get life in prison for her involvement in the murder. Follow the timeline....everything fell into place after Winchester was sentenced. From his standpoint, he'll end up doing 12-14 years, and he avoided the risk of the death penalty or life in prison.

The ex-wife's trial should be an entertaining circus. She will claim it was all Winchester's idea, and that she had all kinds of mental problems, blah-blah-blah.
I guess we will see how much "good stuff" Winchester really had on her.

You can tell from Jensen's comments that his client got immunity to roll over on the ex-wife. This was all a pre-packaged deal. Winchester got 20 years for the kidnapping (with much of that "really" applying to the murder), and now the ex-wife will likely get life in prison for her involvement in the murder. Follow the timeline....everything fell into place after Winchester was sentenced. From his standpoint, he'll end up doing 12-14 years, and he avoided the risk of the death penalty or life in prison.

Yep, you are correct (IMO). She will play the harmless woman card, it was all the evil man's fault, but it's obvious they were having an affair and wanted Mike out of the way. They plotted it out and decided to get rich in the process. They wouldn't have arrested her had he not been the evidence they needed. Sucks he doesn't get life, but without his testimony she would be free. Deal with the devil.

How bold to have him set Mike up with a big insurance policy before they killed him. Then they get married. That one was hard to figure out!

Reactions: JohnnieHolmesNole
Not yet. His attorney is quoted in an article saying he doesn't expect him to be charged and would testify with immunity.
I'm sure after his conviction he went to police and said I will tell you what happened and we can nail Denise, but you have to grant me immunity.

The cops weren't making an arrest without him, so they had to make a deal with the devil to find his body and arrest her.

The ex-wife's trial should be an entertaining circus. She will claim it was all Winchester's idea, and that she had all kinds of mental problems, blah-blah-blah.
I guess we will see how much "good stuff" Winchester really had on her.
Agreed. I just haven't seen anything official. It does appear that way.

I fully believe she was a part of the murder but will the testimony of a guy locked up really be enough to convict her 18 years later?

She says she didn't know anything, he came along after the fact as a shoulder to cry on. Down the road she got suspicious and started asking questions about his involvement, it led to the divorce and further down the road he was upset that she was still digging for answers and kidnapped her.

He said she said with the only recent fact that he was the kidnapper and she was the victim.

Reactions: DanC78
I fully believe she was a part of the murder but will the testimony of a guy locked up really be enough to convict her 18 years later?

She says she didn't know anything, he came along after the fact as a shoulder to cry on. Down the road she got suspicious and started asking questions about his involvement, it led to the divorce and further down the road he was upset that she was still digging for answers and kidnapped her.

He said she said with the only recent fact that he was the kidnapper and she was the victim.
It doesn't matter that it was "18 years later". Guilty is guilty and this is a murder case. How long ago this was is irrelevant as far as proving the case.

She had motive, she pushed for him to be declared dead so she could collect on the insurance money, she cut the grandmother off when the grandmother wouldn't stop pushing for them to investigate it as foul play. There is motive, circumstantial evidence, and the guy who led them to the body (you have to assume) is going to likely testify against her.

I think they have enough to convict her. They took this long after finding his body so you would think they built a strong case that they were confident they could convict on.

It wouldn't surprise me if Brian didn't tell the 100% truthful story to help out friends and family who law enforcement have long-suspected were involved after the fact. Jack Campbell continues to mislead the public on this like he did in December when he pretended they hadn't had Mike's body for three months before revealing it. And the comment that they believe it happened in Jackson County is a 180 degree turn from what they had always said. I've long believed there are people involved who "they" simply do not want to charge as accessories. Mrs. Williams knows who these people are and I wonder what all her and his brother are thinking with just this one arrest and new claim about Jackson County. Campbell says something like "if evidence leads to others involved, we will go there", but Winchester either told them others helped, or he didn't. I don't know if/why Denise would roll over on others who were also AATF, but it will be interesting.

Yep, you are correct (IMO). She will play the harmless woman card, it was all the evil man's fault, but it's obvious they were having an affair and wanted Mike out of the way. They plotted it out and decided to get rich in the process. They wouldn't have arrested her had he not been the evidence they needed. Sucks he doesn't get life, but without his testimony she would be free. Deal with the devil.

How bold to have him set Mike up with a big insurance policy before they killed him. Then they get married. That one was hard to figure out!

My real question is whether this was plotted out before the Insurance policies were sold to Mike? If so, that is a special breed of diabolical. My second question is whether there was a plan to get married before or after Mike was gone, or did the “marriage” pop up primarily to create the husband-wife privilege? I am sure all kinds of wild sex was afoot all along this time-line — she just has that look — but did they get married because they truly loved each other, or because it yielded a convenient legal privilege (or maybe both of those things)???

It doesn't matter that it was "18 years later". Guilty is guilty and this is a murder case. How long ago this was is irrelevant as far as proving the case.

She had motive, she pushed for him to be declared dead so she could collect on the insurance money, she cut the grandmother off when the grandmother wouldn't stop pushing for them to investigate it as foul play. There is motive, circumstantial evidence, and the guy who led them to the body (you have to assume) is going to likely testify against her.

I think they have enough to convict her. They took this long after finding his body so you would think they built a strong case that they were confident they could convict on.

I'm not saying the 18 years makes it less guilt. I'm just saying at this point the evidence gathering is a lot different than if someone pointed the finger at someone else for a crime that occurred 6 months ago.

None of that motive and cirumstantial evidence are new. The only thing new is that they found a skeleton and someone willing to testify that they committed the murder and their ex wife who they kidnapped helped....

The only problem I have after reading the above theries is how the heck does someone get 20 years for pulling the trigger.

So he pleas a deal saying I can tell you where the body is and who was the mastermind behind the plan if I get a lesser sentence? Sheesh. Both of them should rot in prison for the rest of their lives.

USA Today has a news story on this as well...

It wouldn't surprise me if Brian didn't tell the 100% truthful story to help out friends and family who law enforcement have long-suspected were involved after the fact. Jack Campbell continues to mislead the public on this like he did in December when he pretended they hadn't had Mike's body for three months before revealing it. And the comment that they believe it happened in Jackson County is a 180 degree turn from what they had always said. I've long believed there are people involved who "they" simply do not want to charge as accessories. Mrs. Williams knows who these people are and I wonder what all her and his brother are thinking with just this one arrest and new claim about Jackson County. Campbell says something like "if evidence leads to others involved, we will go there", but Winchester either told them others helped, or he didn't. I don't know if/why Denise would roll over on others who were also AATF, but it will be interesting.

When I spoke to Mrs Williams in December she rattled off a bunch of other names that could be involved.... including a drug cartel?

Buddy Green- my sister mentioned to me that the murder was in Jackson county and I was like huh? (she read the findings from the jury)... I thought it occurred in Tallahassee—maybe at their house (as we discussed in this thread). Why the heck would they kill someone in Jackson Co and then drive the body back to a few miles from their home to bury it...happy to see you back (at Warchant) by the way!

Last edited:
The only problem I have after reading the above theries is how the heck does someone get 20 years for pulling the trigger.

So he pleas a deal saying I can tell you where the body is and who was the mastermind behind the plan if I get a lesser sentence? Sheesh. Both of them should rot in prison for the rest of their lives.

USA Today has a news story on this as well...

Jansen > prosecutors. Best lawyer usually wins. Never go cheap when shopping for your criminal defense or divorce lawyer.

I'm not saying the 18 years makes it less guilt. I'm just saying at this point the evidence gathering is a lot different than if someone pointed the finger at someone else for a crime that occurred 6 months ago.

None of that motive and cirumstantial evidence are new. The only thing new is that they found a skeleton and someone willing to testify that they committed the murder and their ex wife who they kidnapped helped....

Agree with you that the prosecution is not a slam-dunk. It will be interesting to see what evidence Winchester turned over to the state. For all we know there could be emails, cards or God-knows-what else implicating Denise. I know the jury is not going to like her -- and that may be putting things mildly -- in terms of cutting off Grandma's contact with the child. Will be interesting to see what kind of defen$e $he can afford to put on. Not sure how much of the $2MM is left.

When I spoke to Mrs Williams in December she rattled off a bunch of other names that could be involved.... including a drug cartel?

Buddy Green- my sister mentioned to me that the murder was in Jackson county and I was like huh? (she read the findings from the jury)... I thought it occurred in Tallahassee—maybe at their house (as we discussed in this thread). Why the heck would they kill someone in Jackson Co and then drive the body back to a few miles from their home to bury it...happy to see you back (at Warchant) by the way!

Did she happen to tell you "who" those people are or did you know any by name? I don't want to go there on a public forum, but they all have been questioned numerous times and it would be very weird if law enforcement all of a sudden changed their mind about involvement. Like I said, if you know who they are, it makes you wonder what's going on and what BW told them.

JCSO and FDLE had already concluded the "scene" at Lake Seminole was staged. The waders were new and not his. The boat was on the wrong side of the lake. He was parked too far away from the landing to have launched his boat. Etc.. So that raises the question, why did they have to stage a scene at Lake Seminole if he was killed there? How did they "lay in wait" for him at Lake Seminole? I have no other facts, but this new story leaves me scratching my head.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT