ADVERTISEMENT

2016 PGSF NFL Mock Draft Round 3....On the Clock- Manch

Holee shi.......I lie down for a little nap and wake up to find the Brownies have traded the 2nd pick to the Eagles! Most amazing pre-draft period I can remember.
Wish I could take a nap... That must be nice
giphy.gif

Reactions: DFSNOLE
With the 73rd pick, the Dale Mabry Pewtermen take Roberto Aguayo from Florida State University. I believe he's a kicker of some renown. 100% accurate inside 40 yards. Can kick from any angle. Has the ability to boom kickoffs, or loft them towards the sideline for coverage. Will try to tackle, if necessary. Needs to improve leg strength for longer field goal attempts. Loses concentration on kickoffs sometimes, and loses them out of bounds. One of two three time All Americans in FSU history (Deion).
I told SI to hold off on this article until after I picked........http://mmqb.si.com/mmqb/2016/04/21/roberto-aguayo-florida-state-nfl-draft

Reactions: TheDentist
People are asking about a 4th round. At this rate, we'll be lucky to get through the 3rd! I've still got three picks to make this round...C'mon people!

With the 75th pick in the 2016 PGSF NFL Mock Draft the LA Rams select

492862960-austin-hooper-of-the-stanford-cardinals-gettyimages.jpg

Austin Hooper , TE Stanford University

The Rams need weapons and Hooper has the potential to grow into a very good weapon for their new quarterback. Will need to put on some muscle to take on NFL blocking responsibilities, but has hood hands and can contribute in open offensive sets and from H Back position right away. ( pick is based on research prior to trade)

cbs write up
Player Overview
Hooper compiled 74 catches for 937 yards and eight touchdowns in two seasons with the Cardinal. He was eligible to enter the draft as a third-year sophomore who redshirted his first season at Stanford.

Hooper consulted with Stanford coach David Shaw before making his decision to enter the draft. He opted to turn pro a few weeks before former Stanford tight end Zach Ertz signed a $40 million deal with the Philadelphia Eagles.
Ertz is one of six former Cardinal tight ends who played in the NFL in 2015.

Strengths Weaknesses
STRENGTHS: Possesses an athletic, lanky frame with broad shoulders and long limbs that should be able to withstand another 10-15 pounds of muscle without a significant loss of quickness. Surprisingly effective in-line blocker given his age and build.
Possesses long arms and strong hands to latch onto the chest plate of opponents, showing tenacity and strength to lock on and sustain blocks. Slips off the line and shows good awareness and enough agility to adjust to moving targets and make the block, turning and sealing defenders with good core strength, knee bend and awareness of where his teammates.
Accelerates smoothly and possesses good balance and agility to generate separation as a route-runner. Collects the ball easily, showing good hands, as well as the hand-eye coordination to pluck from outside of his frame. Determined runner after the catch, lowering his shoulder and spinning through would-be tacklers for additional yardage. Intriguing prospect whose best football still lies ahead of him.
WEAKNESSES: Not yet the sum of his parts and may need a year in an NFL weight room before seeing significant time on the field. Accelerates smoothly but doesn't possess ideal initial quickness, often being the last of Stanford's "linemen" off the ball.
Questionable straight-line speed to challenge down the seam and is forced to swing his arms, at times, to maintain balance. Quite effective in a complementary role for the Cardinal but was never the featured target.
IN OUR VIEW: Hooper's combination of size, strength, athleticism and soft hands made him a versatile weapon in Stanford's offense and he should be able to maintain this positional flexibility in the NFL, projecting best as a "move" tight end or H-back initially while he gains strength to handle in-line blocking duties. While perhaps not as polished as scouts would prefer, Hooper's upside could generate Day Two consideration in another weak class overall at tight end.
--Rob Rang (1/5/16)

@jim65 I don't think 4th round draft order is correct from when we started. I think pick 113 should still be with Tennessee. Tennessee traded the pick to LA in the trade for the #1 pick. Tennessee got the pick from the Eagles in the Demarco Murray trade which swapped 4th round picks.

I'll be ready to get this thing rolling again around 3:00 when my pick is on the clock; if the current pick reaches the 24 hour mark. Now I just have to remember who I had narrowed my pick down too.

I say move it on to fsugrad... This 756 guy also has the next pick after fsugrad. Let's have someone just pick for the Eagles 2 of these next 3 picks

Reactions: NoleLizards
Since the Iggles didn't trade up in our draft for a signal-caller, I'd suggest giving them in-state Christian Hackenburg for a developmental QB.

Point of order: I've already made suggestions for the Raiders' and Eagles' first pick this round. Someone else needs to step up for Philly's next selection plus Buffalo's, most likely, since bojimnole bailed on us last round if I recall correctly.

For Oakland: I'd say secondary help (Green or Jones) or a RB (maybe Booker or Collins)

For Philly: Hackenburg with one pick and offensive line (McGovern from Missouri) or WR (Listenbee from TCU) with the other

For Oakland: I'd say secondary help (Green or Jones) or a RB (maybe Booker or Collins)

For Philly: Hackenburg with one pick and offensive line (McGovern from Missouri) or WR (Listenbee from TCU) with the other
So who're you taking for the 'Aints?

Ok, forget it, we've waited long enough and I just got back from lunch.

With the 77th pick, the New Orleans Saints select, WR, Rashard Higgins from Colorado State University.
460724736_8.jpg

New Orleans still has a lot of holes, but with defense being addressed in the first two rounds, I thought offense may be good for this pick, especially with the depth being about the same at most positions left for New Orleans. I think Higgins has the most value at 77, and the write-up from CBS will explain why. Brees really needs another weapon with Colston and Watson gone. Cook, Snead and Higgins can be an incredible trio if they continue to develop.
STRENGTHS WEAKNESSES
STRENGTHS: Good height and length for the position. Light-footed with easy strides and natural body control. Excellent rhythm and depth in his routes and transitions his weight well. Crafty, coordinated footwork at the top of routes and off the line of scrimmage to create spacing. Above average locating ability with terrific sight adjustments to find, track and quickly adjust to the ball. Great sense of surroundings with an innate feel for holes in coverage. Nifty and creative to be a catch-and-go threat. Attacks with his hands and finishes through the process of the catch. Competitive blocker, using his body as a tool. Fearless over the middle and not intimidated by anyone on the field. Humble, but doesn't shy from his "Hollywood" nickname. Highly productive and leaves Colorado State as the school's all-time leader in catches (230), receiving yards (3,520) and touchdowns (31).
WEAKNESSES: Thin-boned with lean muscle tone. Not a powerful runner and won't consistently break tackles. Focused, but too finesse at the catch point. Can be overmatched physically and knocked off his route by some defensive backs. Mediocre top-end speed and lacks multiple gears. Good plant-and-go quickness, but not naturally explosive or a strong leaper. Has cut down the drops, but will have occasional focus lapses. Doesn't have any return experience on special teams.
IN OUR VIEW: Higgins lined up primarily as the "X" receiver in Colorado State's offense and was asked to run a variety of routes, showing the instincts to exploit holes and get uncovered. Higgins isn't a burner or sudden athlete, but he plays with synchronized shake and terrific footwork to plant-and-go without wasted movements in his routes. He is advanced in several areas at the position and might be the best receiver in this class at improvising to find open zones and give his quarterback a clean target. Although is lack of ideal size and speed will ding him on draft boards, Higgins has the production that matches the tape and his strengths translate well to the next level.

The bold part of the overview screams that this guy belongs with Brees, plus Higgins old QB is the backup now in New Orleans. I think it's a natural fit.

@FSU Fogel I believe you're on the clock at this point.

To recap what it seems the last few picks will shake out as:
Raiders: TJ Green
Rams: Hooper
Eagles: Hackenburg
Saints: Higgins
Eagles (up for group selection)
Bills: (up for group selection)
Falcons: fogel on the clock

does this sound right to those of us still around?

Ok, I vote for Phill'y's second pick: McGovern since he can play LG and they are in search of one. For the Bills: give them the ILB from Temple, Matakevich, they need depth there and think this would likely be a good spot for him, or someone similar.

Sorry guys, just getting in. What you all have suggested works for me. I prefer the group approach versus a commish ruling anyway!!!

I like the idea of a revamped round one with updated order with the 4-5 of us that actually stick this thing out

I'm down for that too... Not sure which teams need new owners. But I'll take the Colts again and Bears, or Bills, or whatever needs an extra owner

Reactions: jrnix11
I'm down to restart the draft with the active members too!

Also, the Falcons select Sebastian Tretola, OG, Arkansas..

Write Up:

He's a giant Guard who likes throwing people around, and Atlanta needs OL

The colts select S Darian Thompson

The colts go back to the Boise State defense to secure another need at the safety position. Thompson had 19ints in college breaking the conference record set by NFL standout Eric Weedle.
1223%20darian

Reactions: FSU Fogel
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT