ADVERTISEMENT

2016 PGSF NFL Mock Draft Round 3....On the Clock- Manch

I'm up for a restart with all that's happened maybe just do two rds with active members shorter write ups.

I think this is agreed. Can someone start up the thread? I'm stuck with just my phone this weekend so I can't really build the order easily.

Guys have at it.

I wouldn't be in since I'm not on often enough to keep the draft rolling (only look at ~ 2pm and 2 am most days). Wouldn't be fair to the guys who want to do a quick re-draft prior to the actual draft.

I will add though, I think the Giants' needs are Secondary (both CB and S), DL (preferably a 3-technique and a DE), LB (almost goes without saying) in that order for D IMO. Even though the LB position is the weakest on the Giants roster, there's almost no way Jack makes it to #10 and no one else is worth it in the 1st rd (incl. Floyd who I have misgivings about in the Giants 4-3 base D. I'd be much more confortable with Floyd for a 3-4 base D). A flyer on Jaylon Smith in rd 2 would be worth it, but like in this version of our Mock, someone else probably has that same idea and grabs him ahead of the Giants 2nd rd pick.

For O, I'd put it as WR or OT then RB. TE would probably be a pass in the draft since it's so weak this year and I don't see anyone (other than Henry who the Giants wouldn't take based on other needs that are far greater than TE) worth even a pick who I'd consider to be better than Donnel or Tye.

As an aside, I hope the Giants do try to move up for Myles Jack if he gets past Dallas at #4 in the real draft.

Guys I'm usually only available in the mornings... I work outside and on the road so have a hard time during the days. I can finish this draft but would be hard to start over unless we are going to do a 5 min clock per selection and it's all in one night or over two nights like a real draft.

If you are interested in a 2 round redraft, please post your 3-5 teams and email address. I'll get the order up by 8am Monday morning. That will give us 4 days to complete it. I am thinking a 2 hour pick window....thoughts??

If you are interested in a 2 round redraft, please post your 3-5 teams and email address. I'll get the order up by 8am Monday morning. That will give us 4 days to complete it. I am thinking a 2 hour pick window....thoughts??
The 2-hour window's a little tight for me. I sleep and then work pretty long stretches and don't even own a smart phone. I can say I won't waste any time picking once I get to my computer. If that's cool, I'll take the teams I know about (Bengals & Chiefs) as well as any others you need to assign me. (You should already have my email address...If you need it again, let me know.)

By the way, are we done with our current draft? I still have some solid picks ready to go!

Last edited:
The 2-hour window's a little tight for me. I sleep and then work pretty long stretches and don't even own a smart phone. I can say I won't waste any time picking once I get to my computer. If that's cool, I'll take the teams I know about (Bengals & Chiefs) as well as any others you need to assign me. (You should already have my email address...If you need it again, let me know.)

By the way, are we done with our current draft? I still have some solid picks ready to go!
Of course that's cool....wouldn't want to have it without you

Well, thanks Jim (sniff)...I'm truly touched! :)

Apparently, my question's been answered as to whether we're going to make any more progress on the original draft. I can't believe DT Chris Jones has dropped this far. He's universally regarded as a top-50 pick, and I've seen him going in the first round in multiple mocks. The Bengals would be thrilled to get him at this point of the third to upgrade the position currently occupied by Dometko Peko (31 and past his prime).

The Pats have two picks coming up at the end of this round. They acquired Chris Long to replace Chandler Jones at one 3-4 DE spot, but Long ain't what he used to be. Jihad Ward from Illinois has enjoyed a meteoric rise in the experts' perception in recent weeks and would be a strong pick for New England here to augment that position. For some reason, Devontae Booker (the consensus #3 back) has slipped through the cracks to this point...The Pats could use a true #1 bell cow back, and getting him at this point would certainly be an unexpected boon. (I have back-up picks ready to go, as well. These middle rounds are where championship teams are built.)

Give me my steak knives! :cool:

Reactions: FSU Fogel
TheDentist is in... I'll take any combo of Colts, Bears, Bills, Atlanta, Redskins, Ravens. Not sure who all has what from the original draft and don't want to take anyone's team if they're back in this time around.

Last edited:
Looks like this draft and the new 2 round draft are dead in the water...........

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT