ADVERTISEMENT

2016 PGSF NFL Mock Draft Round 3....On the Clock- Manch

Just give Manch time to make a pick. He's usually on here fairly regularily. I don't think we need to decide for his pick.

He's just taking a nice little "Al Davis type draft nap". I'm sure he'll wake up when he realizes that there are no WRs with great 40 times this year. :D

Sorry guys. I am not at home due to family issues and I almost never check Warchant on my phone. I'll do a pick in a few, but I don't have the patience to do my usual Pulitzer Prize analysis, copy and pasting and trying to disguise my pick from Uncle Walt's mock.

A'Shawn Robinson, DE/DT, Bama.

Would love to see Elliot fall here. There aren't any safeties or CB's worth picking this early with JR and VH off the table.

Last edited:
Originally picked the DE/OLB, Leonard Floyd, from Georgia because he was available and the Raiders are worried about Mario Edwards neck injury. Saw the Raiders resigned Aldon Smith, who will be back in time for the playoffs.

Hope everything's all right with you and your family, Manch.

Hope everything's all right with you and your family, Manch.

Things are tough, emotionally. Doesn't everyone lose both in-laws and their 16 year old son in a 5 month span?

I've been out of the house for a few days and will give it a few more days. I have a bi-polar wife who is struggling emotionally and a 14 year old, know it all, go f*ck yourself dad-you're an a hole- daughter who wants God to trade me for my son. Maybe a cool off period is best, maybe permanent, who knows, I just can't be the punching bag anymore.

Other than that, did you miss the part where I said Smith will be back for the Raiders in time for the playoffs? :)

Things are tough, emotionally. Doesn't everyone lose both in-laws and their 16 year old son in a 5 month span?

I've been out of the house for a few days and will give it a few more days. I have a bi-polar wife who is struggling emotionally and a 14 year old, know it all, go f*ck yourself dad-you're an a hole- daughter who wants God to trade me for my son. Maybe a cool off period is best, maybe permanent, who knows, I just can't be the punching bag anymore.

Other than that, did you miss the part where I said Smith will be back for the Raiders in time for the playoffs? :)
Well, at least your Raiders have to give you some optimism. They may actually win the AFC West this season.

Damn man, take care of yourself. Sorry to hear that things are still rocky.

Damn, suddenly this draft does not quite mean as much. Manch, much strength for you and your family during this time.

Sorry guys I've been wrapped up at work. I hope you have a chance tonight to sit down if people haven't picked in their time is past I will take a look at a few mock draft to make pics for them. I at least want to make it through two rounds of this thing we're doing a lot worse than we did last year

Today's analogy: Coming here to see if someone has picked is like my love life....I'm constantly disappointed.

I say Leonard Floyd for the Falcons, Georgia boy stays home and gives them a compliment to Beasley on the opposite side.

Eli Apple for the colts, they need secondary help. Or Noah Spence because they lack pass rush and Robert Mathis qualifies for social security.

Colts select OT Taylor Decker from Ohio State
After Conklin came off the board we were leaning towards an OLB with this pick, but ultimately decided it was most important to shore up the right side of the OL after seeing injuries to both Andrew Luck and Matt Hasselback last season. Decker is not the sexy pick the Colts fans were looking for, but Decker has tons of game time experience at Ohio St. including a National Championship. We expect Deck to slide from LT over to RT where we feel he's best suited at having a lengthy pro career.

STRENGTHS

Good height and overall frame. Endowed with very good core strength and an ability to match power at the point of attack. Tough guy who scouts believe has the locker room presence and field demeanor to be an instant leader along an offensive line. Can be a brute in double teams and on downblocks. Fires into his target and drives his feet through contact, blowing open creases into lanes. Doesn’t give lip service to second level blocks and looks to strike a memorable lick on linebackers and safeties. At his best in vertical pass sets where he is smooth and natural. Gains good ground with his first two kick slides. Flat-backed pass sets with ready hands, a hearty punch and good hand placement. Has hand strength to snatch and control a centered block. Three-year starter with a winner’s pedigree. Played basketball in high school which helped with his body control.
WEAKNESSES
Has a tendency to pop straight up and play with high pads when moving laterally or in space. Shows surprisingly limited knee bend for being a former basketball player. Struggles to redirect his weight quickly and changing directions to hit moving targets is a chore. Stiff strider in space. Shows tendency to overset when attempting to set out on speed rushers. Upright style will cause problems for him against edge trimming pass rushers who can get under him. Average reactive athleticism limits effectiveness against counter moves back inside. Mirrors well precontact, but ability to mirror diminishes once first contact has been made. Short arms for his height. Too reliant on hand strength and upper body power over footwork and balance. Has issues consistently redirecting defenders who get to his edge.
SOURCES TELL US
"I hope you kill this guy because I would love for him to fall to us. He's strong and tough. You can beat him up with this or that, but he'll be a long-time starting right tackle in the league for years." -- AFC regional scout
NFL COMPARISON
Sebastian Vollmer
BOTTOM LINE
His intangibles will likely help make up for some of his physical deficiencies, but he likely lacks the arm length and consistency against edge rushers to play on the left side as a pro. Decker has the run-blocking prowess and mindset to be a long-time starter at right tackle, but may always be a little leakier in pass protection than offensive line coaches and quarterbacks might like.

Reactions: FSU Fogel
Could someone possibly update the title and put the current person on the clock thanks

Kiper's latest mock has Hargreaves falling to the Raiders at #14:confused:, not because of his talent, but because of other team's needs. Reminds me a Marcus Allen dropping for the same reason.

And A'Shawn Robinson going #31.

With the 19th pick the Bills select ...
OgbahE1523_OSUAthletics.jpg

Emmanuel Ogbah, DE OK State

STRENGTHS: Already has the look of an NFL player with a well-proportioned build and the grown-man strength to bully blockers off the edge. A disruptive presence whether lining up on the right or left side, sporting an exciting combination of speed, length and power. A power defender who plays a physical brand of football, but also looks comfortable in space when asked to drop and cover.

WEAKNESSES: Still learning the nuances of the position. While highly thought of in the scouting community, Ogbah is battling the history of high-round picks from Oklahoma State who have failed to live up to expectations in the NFL.

COMPARES TO: Vinny Curry, Philadelphia Eagles - Ogbah is a balanced athlete with the physicality and coachable mentality that can be molded in the NFL, similar to Curry when he entered the league.

IN OUR VIEW: Ogbah is still learning the complexities of the position and lacks elite explosiveness, but he's a balanced athlete for his size and never shuts it down, exhibiting the effort needed to collapse the pocket. He will be a favorite in the building due to his work ethic and make-up.

Yeah, nolelizard was on top of it last year. I'm just trying to keep the tradition going.

With the 20th pick the NY Jets select:

Reggie Ragland, LB, Alabama

The Jets need help at DE, OLB, TE and OL but the guys they would have taken here at the top of there board were just taken the last few picks earlier. Jets need a young stud LB in the middle and Ragland fits that perfectly.

PLAYER OVERVIEW

A do-it-all linebacker for Nick Saban's defense, Ragland finished second on the team in tackles (95) and third in tackles for loss (10.5) in 2014, adding four passes defended and an interception.

He continued his ascent in 2015, being voted the SEC Defensive Player of the Year.

STRENGTHS WEAKNESSES

STRENGTHS: Demonstrates the blend of size, aggression, instincts and reliable open-field tackling skills to project well inside to 4-3 and 3-4 principles, alike. Takes accurate first steps and shows excellent closing burst to arrive with pop at the point of attack.

Works off blocks well with balance and anticipation, looking through blockers to keep his eyes on the prize, doing a much better job downhill rather than in reverse.Physical striker with reliable breakdown skills in the open field, wrapping, driving and finishing. Dirtiest jersey on the field and plays each snap like it is his last.

WEAKNESSES: Overaggressive pursuit angles and needs to better throttle down in space to break down at the contact point. Hyper-focused run defender and will leave his eyes in the backfield too long at times, causing him to be late in coverage. Needs to widen his vision to protect from cut blocks, pick up crossers and better recognize routes. Out-matched trying to stick with slot receivers down the field in coverage. Violent play style leads to durability questions.

IN OUR VIEW: He isn't as talented as C.J. Mosley, but he's a better NFL prospect than Trey DePriest, falling somewhere in the middle of those two former Alabama players.

--Dane Brugler and Rob Rang (2/13/16)

Reactions: FSU Fogel
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT