ADVERTISEMENT

#100pagesnatty Thread 11/08/18 #63pagesnattynumber1 #106pagesnattynumber2

Amazing is someone inferring that top 5 SOS is somehow playing " down UF and UM " and " avg. conf. teams. But I suppose facts can be optional.
Some will support the “every team in the SEC is good” argument, others will put forth another argument equally deficient of reality or facts...
FSU in 2017 is first team to ever play the 1, 2, and 3 ranked teams (at time of the game) in one season. While I really question the miamah love fest by the polls, the other two were deserving.
Of course, Delaware State and ULM will not help the SOS, but tell me another team without similar teams on the schedule. These lesser teams are what a 12 game regular season brings to the table. These kind of games kick the legs out of the argument that a playoff would mean too many games a season...

Last edited:
Amazing is someone inferring that top 5 SOS is somehow playing " down UF and UM " and " avg. conf. teams. But I suppose facts can be optional.

You're referencing difficulty of schedule and a 15-9 record. Odd.

You're referencing difficulty of schedule and a 15-9 record. Odd.

Simply referencing your lack of factual basis behind your statement. 15-9 or our record vs the SOS is mentioned nowhere but your imagination. Don't infer FSU had an easy slate when in fact, they absolutely did not.

Simply referencing your lack of factual basis behind your statement. 15-9 or our record vs the SOS is mentioned nowhere but your imagination. Don't infer FSU had an easy slate when in fact, they absolutely did not.

I was talking about how UF and UM were down through his time as well as the conference being average in broad terms. I'm sure you're smart enough to understand that and I didn't need to specify under 17 that UMis no longer down. Perhaps you think UF and UM were top top programs. It's just as well really....

I was talking about how UF and UM were down through his time as well as the conference being average in broad terms. I'm sure you're smart enough to understand that and I didn't need to specify under 17 that UMis no longer down. Perhaps you think UF and UM were top top programs. It's just as well really....

In 84 posts in this thread, neither I or anyone else but you has claimed anything about the state of UF and UM programs so perhaps your reading comp. skills are lacking or you're just pissed because the Noles won convincingly ATS today.

Reactions: FSUTribe76
Yep I see reports claiming Jimbo agreed to $7.5 mil to be the new coach at TAMU. We’ll see. I’m honestly indifferent anyways.

I think it feels real because its probably the best decision for all parties this time. Last year he was potentially leaving a national title contender. This year he would be leaving a program that has stalled and the road back to the top won't be easy.

A&M will give him anything he wants whenever he wants. The pressure will be huge but he thinks he is the best (nobody else is better than me at calling this offense) so he gets more money, a fresh start and a program that will spend crazy money to try to win.

Count me as one who feels all parties might need a fresh start.

I would not want to live in the same town as my ex while everyone knows all the details of how she cheated.

That would mess with me every single day.

Count me as one who feels all parties might need a fresh start.

I would not want to live in the same town as my ex while everyone knows all the details of how she cheated.

That would mess with me every single day.

I read that both his sons and wife are ok with the move and relocation. She doesn’t want to leave that money train.

Don't know how they convinced Tony Buzbee and Rick PERRY to pay a .500 coach 7.5 mil. Jimbo has played the long con very well.

I never thought for a second that he was going to leave us for the LSU job last year.

The A&M job feels different.

1. He and kids are adjusted to life after divorce
  2. He’s bickering with media and threatening to fight unruly fan
  3. UM is on up and up and will be a threat on the recruiting trail
  4. Could possibly say the same about UF (will take another year to see if Mullen is legit)
  5. Not getting the exact football facilities he wanted
  6. Most importantly, he is basically being forced to fire majority of his current staff and start over. Which means he owes nothing to the coaches who will be let go if he were to jet...they are being let go regardless; and he will have more money to for coaches at A&M
  7. And lastly, he will get a significant raise and a chance to do something new and began a new legacy.
IMO...he gone. Timing seems right this year.

As a fan...indifferent. Hard to get behind someone when you get the feeling they are not grateful and enthusiastic to be here. And a little ironic if he does leave when he goes around preaching “don’t give up on Team”.

What say ye LR friends?

I want him gone. He got his "lifetime" deal with huge leverage. If he wants to turn around the program he took to the top then let slide, come out and say he is here for the long term and will make this thing right. If he wants to play games every year then just go now. The odds of taking a team to the top then building it back up again are next to nothing.

I don’t understand why we’re seeing the numbers that were reported for Mullen and with this supposed A&M deal. ESPN is bleeding subscribers. They aren’t guaranteed to spend what they currently do for broadcasting rights in the future.

I think it would take a lot for Jimbo to essentially admit defeat and move to a less prestigious program where the long term prospects aren't as good. Not saying it won't happen, it just doesn't seem likely to me.

Be careful what you wish for, folks. How many coaches and mediocre/pathetic seasons have Miami and Florida gone through over the last few decades?

Count me in as I want him to stay and make the needed changes; but tend to doubt he will make all the changes if he stays. As far as leaving for TX AM, if that is what he wants then go. IMO it has to be more personal reasons/money, because there is no way anyone honestly thinks that the AM job is a better situation than FSU. Schedule and path to the CFB is about even and honestly I say FSU is a little harder overall with um, uf, CU and either what looks like um or VT in a conference title game. Recruiting is about even except getting kids to FSU is easier IMO even with uf, um etc. in Florida. My gut says if he does go he will regret it; oh well we will see. What I hope doesn't happen is he stays and then uses the see all these teams wanted me and my assistants game and then we are in the same boat next season.

Jimbo is in quite a pickle. Either stay at the program you rebuilt, make the necessary changes and see if you can bounce back or move on to a lesser football program with all the bells and whistles for more money and fresh start. One thing I would think is that if he does stay and things are the same next year, these yearly coaching rumors will fade away. It’s time for the AD to put his foot down and let Jimbo make the decision. Stop getting pushed into a corner every year and throw money at him. Clearly we will spend more for great assistants and clearly we have a football only facility in the works. It’s just about a fresh start and money for ol Jimbo.

Does Jimbo have a “bad” relationship with our administration?

Last edited:
There are more threads over on the TC with "insiders" saying he is staying.
What every one of those insiders looks like:

Ma-the-meatloaf.jpg

He wants a football only facility similar to Clemson and Alabama. I bet he gets one.

Updating facilities should be something we all agree on and should be done whether or not he stays. The longer we sit still in that regard, the further we fall behind in the arms race.

Updating facilities should be something we all agree on and should be done whether or not he stays. The longer we sit still in that regard, the further we fall behind in the arms race.
I completely agree, but at the same time, Jimbo has gotten a lot of upgrades. It isn't like we have done nothing in his tenure.

I think it would take a lot for Jimbo to essentially admit defeat and move to a less prestigious program where the long term prospects aren't as good. Not saying it won't happen, it just doesn't seem likely to me.

Be careful what you wish for, folks. How many coaches and mediocre/pathetic seasons have Miami and Florida gone through over the last few decades?

I agree it isn't some slam dunk that the next hire is a national championship coach but it sure as hell isn't a slam dunk that Jimbo will take us back. Honest question who is the last coach to take a team to the top, have the program stumble then get back to the top again? I don't know any in my 30+ years watching the sport. Take out Saban and almost every single recent national championship comes from a coach and program building up quickly (less than a decade) and then its over- Stoops and others have had success but no more championships.

The one I posted????

No...That's Chazz Reinhold, from Wedding Crashers. The all-knowing ladies man who lives in his mother's basement.

THIS is Charlie Ward:
ap729753636887.jpg
Yes, I know that wasn't Charlie Ward. You made a snarky post about insiders and I responded. It was a hint.
;)
There's a good article on the front page now by Ira.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT