ADVERTISEMENT

2018 NBA Playoffs-

Three things...
1) Boston's fate is starting to look a little dicey. They struggle shooting away from home. They're going to need to regroup asap - they're quite young, hope they've got the leadership to keep their head in the game. Having Horford should help.

2) On the topic of why KD left OKC. A good read (even if it is by douchebag Darren Rovell). These types of opportunities and personal growth are hard to come by in Oklahoma. http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/23532594/how-kevin-durant-building-silicon-valley-empire

3) When the hell did Kyrie have time to film Uncle Drew?! Lebron would never have allowed such frivolity had KI stuck around CLE.

Reactions: NoleinATL
I took several things away from game 4.

Lue needs to have others bring ball up floor rather than have Smart or pick ur player lean on and foul lebron for 90 feet and wear him out. See 7 identical lazy turnovers by Lebron as he got tired.

Smart is the most out of control player in nba who intimidates officials. Guys flops and fouls on every possession and rarely fouls out. He drew countless imaginary fouls last night, twice untouched and refs looked afraid to foul him out. Why no more post game flopping evaluations by NBA?

Rozier was spectacular, a +3 on the road with 11 assists and 0 turnovers is unheard of.

Only Lebron can keep Rozier and Brown in front of him which is a huge problem.

Love continues to not be an all star consistently, hes playing at best like Horace Grant(3rd best player mostly on team)but Cavs need him to be more like James Worthy (2nd best most nights).

Cavs turnovers kept celtics in the game, 19 is a ton and usually you lose, many were lazy sets and deflected poor spacing angled passes. Celtics are too good to give those away.

Cavs 3rd quarters have been worst in league all season.

Stevens outcoached Lue again but Lebron had just enough left to get the win. Out of timeouts Lue vs Stevens is embarrassing. Celtics always get a layup or easy 3, cavs get a turnover.

Quietest 44 of Lebrons career, his teammates missed a lot of easy looks hence the 3 assists but 44 is underrated on 17/28.

Finally had a “good” game last night even though the last few minutes were really ugly. Seemed like no one could hit a shot at the end. Very surprised Houston got one in GS,

Reactions: GwinnettNole
Finally had a “good” game last night even though the last few minutes were really ugly. Seemed like no one could hit a shot at the end. Very surprised Houston got one in GS,

Houston survived the punch in the mouth in 3rd quarter and eventually the Warriors went ice cold. One of their very few weaknesses is being overconfident in their shot. After that hot streak in 3rd quarter, they just kept heaving up low percentage shots rather than working for better shots. Houston kept pushing, it was a very surprising win to most. I expected them to fold, they didn't. Chris Paul had a few big retorts to keep them within arms reach, then reserves actually went on a run to retake lead.

That was a crazy game and surprisingly sloppy in the final couple minutes. Bad possession after bad possession by both teams. I too am surprised Houston won it. Hopefully the rest of the series is as competitive as game 4.

Glad last night's game was exciting, about time, though as a Dubs fan I was disappointed with the outcome.

I've been bouncing the following idea off friends, they all like it but say it wouldn't go over well w/ the gen pop...

- 6 game playoff series rather than 7, winner of each is awarded a point
- a 7th point is awarded to the team with the highest aggregate score across the 6 games

There would be two ways to win a series...
Win 4 basketball games
or
Win 3 basketball games and score the most overall points.

Would eliminate a lot of these 20-40 point blowouts (or at least make them more exciting).

Glad last night's game was exciting, about time, though as a Dubs fan I was disappointed with the outcome.

I've been bouncing the following idea off friends, they all like it but say it wouldn't go over well w/ the gen pop...

- 6 game playoff series rather than 7, winner of each is awarded a point
- a 7th point is awarded to the team with the highest aggregate score across the 6 games

There would be two ways to win a series...
Win 4 basketball games
or
Win 3 basketball games and score the most overall points.

Would eliminate a lot of these 20-40 point blowouts (or at least make them more exciting).
Aggregate? Don't start bringing the fancy soccer words into the NBA.

Baffling how night and day Boston is at home vs away.
Fully expect the Cleveland to push this to 7.

Big game for GSW tonight, lose this and things get dicey.
Iggy and Klay being hurt / iffy does not help.

Baffling how night and day Boston is at home vs away.
Fully expect the Cleveland to push this to 7.

Big game for GSW tonight, lose this and things get dicey.
Iggy and Klay being hurt / iffy does not help.
It really is absurd how different these teams play at home vs. on the road. Has to be the largest discrepancy I have seen in any sport, maybe ever.

Was a little perplexed how the Morris / Nance "scuffle" played out.

That a bit of smack talk and shoving a guy in the back are treated equally seems unreasonable. Had Morris said what he said and Nance not reacted, no technicals would have been assessed.

So basically Nance got a free cheapshot at Morris, resulting in the same outcome, no free throws (though they both got basically meaningless technicals to their name). Add to that, Rozier stood up for his teammate and drew a tech, resulting in Cle getting one shot.

Basically in cheapshotting a player, Cle came out ahead.

Well that was a fun one. I’m in California this weekend - so weird to have games on so early

Well that was a fun one. I’m in California this weekend - so weird to have games on so early

Goes both ways. It is nice but not if you have late dinner. I was there last week and I missed game 2 because dinner went long. Still, nice to end well before midnight like they do on East Coast.

Dubs have really gotten away from anything that looks like a cohesive offense in the fourth quarter. Disappointing when they can stretch the floor and move the ball between 4 active Team USA players + some pretty experienced reserves.

Getting Iggy back would be a huge help... as will CP3 being out game 6.

Dubs have really gotten away from anything that looks like a cohesive offense in the fourth quarter. Disappointing when they can stretch the floor and move the ball between 4 active Team USA players + some pretty experienced reserves.

Yea the Rockets wouldn't have stood a chance last night without Paul so I'm guessing they are holding him out of Game 6 in hopes he is healthier for Game 7 back at home.

Definitely one of the better post season games in terms of excitement last night. Here's hoping tonight the C's won't play like ass in the first quarter, keep it close 2nd and 3rd, and then somehow pull it out of their ass in the fourth, lol.

Reactions: dmm5157

Really surprised at how poorly the Warriors have been managed. Seems like Kerr has given this team too long of a leash. Long stretches where offense looks completely disjointed and flow of the game is reckless .

And yes, I would have expected final scores to be much higher, particularly considering Harden's reputation for not playing defense.

Reactions: NoleinATL
Whether you’re a Lebron fan or not. Just appreciate greatness. This dude is just unreal when it comes to playing basketball.

Listening to skip and Shannon, or Stephen A or cowherd or whoever debate his legacy is mindnumbing.

Just tune in when he plays and watch. Because it might be a while before we see another one of this caliber

Every time someone refers to the Warriors as the “Dubs” I want to die.

Last edited:
I think CP3 stayed in Houston for treatment. With Hardens fragile mental toughness, I suspect that this will be a throw away game.

Im really digging the early start times for the Astros. 415 for regular games. I’m out in Bakersfield with my daughter visiting my dad who had a couple mini-strokes last year. He’s pretty much worn out by three, so four has been perfect time to take it easy and have a couple of cold ones with my old man while the Astros play. Monday they have a 1010 am game against the Yankees. Memorial Day brunch and baseball against the evil empire

Last edited:
It looked like he refs got the Adam Silver call at half time letting them know there had to be a game 7. The second half was horrible

Reactions: noleclone2
You won’t find a bigger Lebron fan than me.. we are watching greatness.

But this is the end of the road for this team... they are in for a sweep in the finals.. I just don’t see how they can get it done.. MAYBE against Houston they can make it interesting...

No chance IMO against golden state

Good lord, how did LeBron get this team in the finals!!??

08LF223.png

Bummed my Celtics lost; but went way farther than I thought they would. Great effort and look out next year. As far as Lebron great player, but not a fan he whines like a 12 year year old girl; although if he played soccer he would be the King of the flop.

I was thinking about something earlier as I was watching a video someone posted of physical play from the 80s. Teams back then hated each other, not just during the games but after. Many carried grudges for years and when they'd play together, it often lead to pissing contests like stories told about the original Dream Team.

The reason I bring this up is that's the best way to characterize the way many people dislike opposing players. Liking players on other teams doesn't make sense. That's like rooting for Tim Tebow because he's a good person and player in college, that was never going to happen for Rivals.

We're transitioning into a time where the competition between teams and players is less important than it used to be. That's not to say it's a bad thing, just that players now realize this is a business and they don't take the competition as personally. Certainly, bad blood exists but it's more on a personal note. In the past, it was much more about teams than individual players.

That best sums up why I cannot get excited or root for GSW or any team Lebron plays for. With Golden State, it's the team not the individual players. With Lebron, it's him because he's been dominant across 3 teams (Cavs as 2 team eras ). I think Fandom is split between older era where you hated your competition and newer era thinking where you "don't hate the player, hate the game".

What Lebron has done is impressive, but I won't root him on or be excited for him because he doesn't play for my team and I still carry bitterness from 2013.

Totally shocked cavs won a game like that in Boston. I though if they won it would be 110-108 not a defensive game.

When Smart flopped to draw Lebrons 4th foul then they hit 3, that was a 5 point play that changed momentum. Cavs though responded for a change.

Its a bad Cavs team but who knows maybe the lucky Warriors have some bad shooting games in finals or Kevin Love shows up.

Warriors shouldn’t ever lose to anyone

Reactions: NoleLizards
Totally shocked cavs won a game like that in Boston. I though if they won it would be 110-108 not a defensive game.

When Smart flopped to draw Lebrons 4th foul then they hit 3, that was a 5 point play that changed momentum. Cavs though responded for a change.

Its a bad Cavs team but who knows maybe the lucky Warriors have some bad shooting games in finals or Kevin Love shows up.

Warriors shouldn’t ever lose to anyone

I just don't see anyway that Cleveland can beat GS 4 outta 7 games. This Cleveland team is worse than the one they had last year in the finals and they would be going against basically the same team that beat them 4-1 last year.

Bummed my Celtics lost; but went way farther than I thought they would. Great effort and look out next year. As far as Lebron great player, but not a fan he whines like a 12 year year old girl; although if he played soccer he would be the King of the flop.
Give credit to the Klingon, shot 50% while my Celtics were chucking up bricks. Couldn't handle the pressure. As far as Lehype being the greatest player of all time, there never will be a "greatest player of all time." Why? Because time, circumstances and the game are constantly evolving.

Reactions: billanole
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT