ADVERTISEMENT

2018 NBA Playoffs-

I hope GS wins in four and the NBA puts a limit on how many stars can join a team ;)
If the limit doesn't happen then I'm assuming Lebron goes to Golden State in the offseason.

That 3 at end of the half was a killer for Cavs.

They are letting the teams play tonight, a lot of contact

Haha, nope only making sure Cavs cant win. Jordan truthers are scary and run the league. Last 6 minutes was mob boss suspicions on fouls. Im done with the NBA no use for this

Lots of contact, sloppy play, brilliance by Lebron and we get an OT..I will take it

Interesting end sequence..The refs will be the big talking point tomorrow

I hope the Cavs can rebound from a disappointing loss and play like they did tonight in every game

JR Smith is a disgrace. Awful play to end the half to give Curry a wide open shot and then an all time mental gaffe at the end there. LeBron can’t play any better obviously. I think GS rolls on Sunday, I can’t imagine how deflated the Cavs must be.

Reactions: noleclone2
James needed to play better. He let his team down tonight.

On serious note, I have never done a 18O as much as I have on Golden State. I got on their bandwagon early and was rooting for the smaller market team with a long history of mediocrity to go all the way. Now, I can’t stand them. They are punks.

Man. What in the world just happened there...

That was their chance.. They had it and they blew it. Cleveland was already a HUGE underdog. They have absolutely zero margin for error. And you have a guy on the floor that doesn't know the situation.. That's mind blowing to me.. That is middle school stuff. That is pickup game stuff.. Everyone in pick up games for crying out loud knows what the score is in "crunch time".

I have already said a zillion times on here that Cleveland has no chance of winning the series.. But, IF they were to make things interesting, they needed to win that game last night. You get 51 from Lebron on 60% shooting from the floor.. And still lose.. That's not good. I just don't know what else an individual can do for a team.

As a Lebron fan (there are no cavs fans, 95% of cavs fans came aboard in 03.. Not like the other cleveland sports who have life long fans, but that's another argument for another day) I can only hope that he finally gets the finals MVP on the losing team just as validation of how much he is carrying this team. Not to sound like Nick Wright or whatever his name is on FS1, but its laughable who gets the MVP anymore in the finals.. Lebron averaged close to 40 with a near triple double and the guy GUARDING him won the MVP.

So at the end of the day, another loss will go on his finals record (another pet peeve of mine as to why finals record even matters instead of overall body of work) but I would at least like him to take home an individual award. Because we can all see how this is going to play out. This has GS winning in 4 or 5 all over it.

Reactions: noleclone2
Also, overtime reminded me of Tom Watson at the 09 Open. Everyone and their brother knew once he missed the winning putt on 18, that the 59 year old had no shot to win in a playoff...

Did anyone honestly think to themselves last night that once overtime started that GS wasn't going to win going away?

Also, overtime reminded me of Tom Watson at the 09 Open. Everyone and their brother knew once he missed the winning putt on 18, that the 59 year old had no shot to win in a playoff...

Did anyone honestly think to themselves last night that once overtime started that GS wasn't going to win going away?

Yep I knew between the missed free throw and JR Smith’s stupidity, the body language was clear. Cavs were one of shocked “we could have won”and Golden State players were “holy crap, we got lucky and can win this”

So JR is denying he thought they were up and said he brought the ball out to try and get a good shot. Never mind he was 3’ from the rim with the ball or that he dribbled out away from the basket running away from it with LeBron pleading with him. LeBron finally tried to call TO with about 0.8 but they didn’t see him.

There’s some talk that Kevin Love maybe suspended for coming off the bench during that late game Tristan Thompson brouhaha.

That can’t help. Lol.

So JR is denying he thought they were up and said he brought the ball out to try and get a good shot. Never mind he was 3’ from the rim with the ball or that he dribbled out away from the basket running away from it with LeBron pleading with him. LeBron finally tried to call TO with about 0.8 but they didn’t see him.

Someone tell him it was filmed

Reactions: dmm5157
On the charge reversal, I can’t fathom why the NBA changed the rule to let them also decide if call was right while reviewing if the defender was outside the restricted area. Who the hell thought that was a good idea? The charge is one of the most subjective calls....in all of sports. You can literally have two analysts debate a charge call during a game. Common sense would dictated the original call should never be reviewed....or might as well review every foul called too last two minutes. Pure stupidity on NBAs part that blew up in their face. The charge call is just too subjective to review and overturn. Fouls and charges should not be reviewable. Just like balls and strikes. Or holds and pass interference. You don’t go there. The rule should be changed and I predict it will. It should revised to the original intent which was to determine if player was inside restricted area.

Last edited:
On the charge reversal, I can’t fathom why the NBA changed the rule to let them also decide if call was right while reviewing if the defender was outside the restricted area. Who the hell thought that was a good idea? The charge is one of the most subjective calls....in all of sports. You can literally have two analysts debate a charge call during a game. Common sense would dictated the original call should never be reviewed....or might as well review every foul called too last two minutes. Pure stupidity on NBAs part that blew up in their face. The charge call is just too subjective to review and overturn. Fouls and charges should not be reviewable. Just like balls and strikes. Or holds and pass interference. You don’t go there. The rule should be changed and I predict it will. It should revised to the original intent which was to determine if player was inside restricted area.
Agree completely.

JR is taking a lot of heat, rightfully so, but what was the HC and bench doing not calling a timeout when he was running away from the basket.

JR is taking a lot of heat, rightfully so, but what was the HC and bench doing not calling a timeout when he was running away from the basket.

I feel like everyone just kind of froze in the moment. And by the time they realized he wasn’t dribbling out to get a different look at the hoop or to get it to Lebron it was too late to call a time out

Meanwhile George Hill is taking zero heat for missing the game winning FT.
Dude has to be JR's biggest fan right now.
Yeah but that’s an understandable physical miss. That happens all the time. JR Smith had the ball 3’ from the basket with 4 seconds left. As for Lue not calling a TO, remember he’s on the other side of the court, the refs aren’t looking behind them. LeBron tried after he realized JR went full JR but the refs didn’t see him.

Yeah but that’s an understandable physical miss. That happens all the time. JR Smith had the ball 3’ from the basket with 4 seconds left. As for Lue not calling a TO, remember he’s on the other side of the court, the refs aren’t looking behind them. LeBron tried after he realized JR went full JR but the refs didn’t see him.
Never go full JR!

Traveling last night and didn't see the game. When I finally checked the score and saw some of how the game went I was shocked. No dog in the fight but not a LB fan so guess I like GS. Biggest thing out of that game was it likely destroys the Cavs chance of making the series competitive. They had the game and blew it. I also think the Cavs including LB are a little weak mentally; they get down quick and do a lot of pouting and complaining when things don't go their way. Maybe there were a bunch of calls that didn't go their way; but that has been the NBA forever and the Cavs have been on the positive end of those calls plenty of times.

Reactions: seminoleed
Traveling last night and didn't see the game. When I finally checked the score and saw some of how the game went I was shocked. No dog in the fight but not a LB fan so guess I like GS. Biggest thing out of that game was it likely destroys the Cavs chance of making the series competitive. They had the game and blew it. I also think the Cavs including LB are a little weak mentally; they get down quick and do a lot of pouting and complaining when things don't go their way. Maybe there were a bunch of calls that didn't go their way; but that has been the NBA forever and the Cavs have been on the positive end of those calls plenty of times.
Yeah. You did not watch the game.

This isn’t a good take here.

Did someone just say LBJ is weak mentally?

LOL. I'm a Warriors fan but I respect the heck out of him. He is absolutely unreal. Any other player on a team that bad would have crumbled. This guy is carrying a whole team, and maybe a whole city, on his back.

I look forward to seeing him on a better squad somewhere other the CLE that does justice to his talent. He's done his part for the city and people of CLE and then some. Time to move on to greener pastures.

LOL. I'm a Warriors fan but I respect the heck out of him. He is absolutely unreal. Any other player on a team that bad would have crumbled. This guy is carrying a whole team, and maybe a whole city, on his back.

I look forward to seeing him on a better squad somewhere other the CLE that does justice to his talent. He's done his part for the city and people of CLE and then some. Time to move on to greener pastures.
He is going to Houston and your Warriors are going down when he does. LOL!

He is going to Houston and your Warriors are going down when he does. LOL!
Haha Houston w/ LBJ would be TOUGH.
Maybe that would finally snap the Warriors out of their mental funk.

Odd to say this about a team that seems destined to win its 3rd ring in 4 years, but they've gotten pretty stale. The style of play has deteriorated. Not sure what will be needed to freshen things up but there will be changes necessary if LBJ winds up in HOU.

James needed to play better. He let his team down tonight.

On serious note, I have never done a 18O as much as I have on Golden State. I got on their bandwagon early and was rooting for the smaller market team with a long history of mediocrity to go all the way. Now, I can’t stand them. They are punks.

So true especially Curry. I live in Charlotte and noticed kids have turned on GSW b/c of his antics(dancing, smirking, strutting). Put Steph on Cavs and they don't get out of first round.

KD looks like a fool for joining 73 win team. Have so much respect for Lebron, winning for his city & with a depleted roster.

Haha Houston w/ LBJ would be TOUGH.
Maybe that would finally snap the Warriors out of their mental funk.

Odd to say this about a team that seems destined to win its 3rd ring in 4 years, but they've gotten pretty stale. The style of play has deteriorated. Not sure what will be needed to freshen things up but there will be changes necessary if LBJ winds up in HOU.
Keep in mind Iguadola isn't playing which may not seem like a critical piece as he really isn't offensively, but defensively he would wear down LBJ or some other player on the other team.

Keep in mind Iguadola isn't playing which may not seem like a critical piece as he really isn't offensively, but defensively he would wear down LBJ or some other player on the other team.
Yep been painfully aware of Iggy's absence throughout the HOU series and last night.
I'm pleasantly surprised any series where teams don't run a high screen to get Curry switched onto their primary scorer.

Carrying a team with your talent and being strong mentally aren't the same thing. Far to often LB stands and complains when he doesn't get the call he thinks he deserves; meanwhile the ball is moving down court and his team is a man down. The constant hands in the air and sad face on calls and when his team mates don't do what he thinks they should do.

I don't think it's going to be feasible to get Lebron to Houston. The Rockets don't have a lot of assets to trade and they will be way over the luxury tax line with Capela and a deal for CP3. I have read that Lebron wants a max deal and isn't interested in taking less money for the chance at a ring. Maybe if the Cavs get swept, he may change his mind and want to go to a team that gives him the best shot at a championship. But I'm guessing he either stays in Cleveland or goes to the Lakers.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT