ADVERTISEMENT

ANOTHER New Footie Thread

Great job Leicester! And were there any Spurs players who did not get yellow cards tonight?

Reactions: LesClaypool
Leicester fans and non-Tottenham fans (aka everybody), from Chelsea fans, you're welcome. Although, it was inevitable anyways.

Congrats to Leicester!

Now FA, go ahead and suspend half the sp*rs players for the rest of the year. I understand playing hard and trying to win, but after Chelsea tied it up sp*rs were just plain dirty. There were 9 or 10 yellow cards on sp*rs alone, and remarkably nobody received 2...or even a red card. That was a sad display for sure.

I'm honored that it was my Blues who were able to seal the deal officially for the amazing story that is this Leicester side. TH should be relegated to the WWE...What a bunch of thugs.

Reactions: LesClaypool
And by dropping points, it at least gives The Arsenal the opportunity to actually pass them and finish second. Note I said the opportunity...not a given.

Another crszy CL game with Atletic advancing.
Atletico played poorly but they got the job done, a missed pk for each pretty strange.

Supposedly cr7 fit today and if that holds Real should look much better at home. Hopefully no one notices the refs today and its an enjoyable affair. If Benzema is out im not sure what Zidane will do but wish hed start Varane over either Cb

Another crszy CL game with Atletic advancing.
Atletico played poorly but they got the job done, a missed pk for each pretty strange.

Supposedly cr7 fit today and if that holds Real should look much better at home. Hopefully no one notices the refs today and its an enjoyable affair. If Benzema is out im not sure what Zidane will do but wish hed start Varane over either Cb

City were pretty toothless w/o Silva today.

Ritchie de Laet wins 2 medals today (Leicester City PL title and Boro promotion medal/2nd place Championship medal).

There was Lewis Kinsella a week or 2 ago who got relegated twice on the same day (was a Villa player on loan at Kidderminster).

A sad note, John Terry likely had his last act as a player for Chelsea today as he received his 2nd red of the campaign (2 game suspension). One of the best players to ever lace them up for Chelsea. Unfortunate that that will be the last image of him in Chelsea Blue (unlike Drogba kicking the winning penalty in Munich or lifting the PL trophy).

Reactions: NoleLizards
And there's one piece of the puzzle in place! The icy fingers of choke are caressing the throats of Spurs as they lose at home to Southampton. Now, can The Arsenal take advantage and beat the Neighbors at the Itahad? A tall order, considering Wenger's record in games of this magnitude.

Watching Arsenal/City at an Irish pub w/a bunch of Arsenal and Liverpool- supporting Irishmen in Stockholm today.

The world is so small sometimes.

Reactions: nole31906
Well, the result could have been better, but all in all, not too bad. Surely The Arsenal can beat Villa at home next week, but can they really count on Spurs to lose again at Newcastle?

Whatever.....let's go Barcodes!

If United win their last 2, City (and Pep) are out of the UCL. Gotto admit, I've been hoping that City (and Pep) miss out next year, just didn't think that there was any chance it would happen. Key is this Tuesday at West Ham and the last home game at Upton Park for the Hammers. If United can get all 3 there, will make for an awesome finish on Sunday. You know the Hammers will be up for it midweek as they had such an awful performance on Saturday.

Supposedly if Liverpool win UEFA Cup, they knock the 4th place team from England out of the CL. Can anyone confirm this? I'm going on the word of 3 very drunken Irishmen.

Supposedly if Liverpool win UEFA Cup, they knock the 4th place team from England out of the CL. Can anyone confirm this? I'm going on the word of 3 very drunken Irishmen.

Not true, there will be 5 English teams in the UCL, just like there were 5 Spanish teams this year when Sevilla won (and would be again if Sevilla repeated as champs).

EDIT: I should say 5 English teams if the 4th place PL team makes it through the last KO stage in July/Aug.

Because they're Scousers. They believe anything. What you get for hanging with them.
Remember, you're known by the company you keep. :cool:

Normally I'd agree w/you, Ed. Actually they weren't Scouse though. They were Irishmen who merely supported 'pewl. Some of them supported the Goons too. They were a fun bunch.

And the final day of the season is here. Who will win the Battle of Manchester? More importantly, can St. Totteringham's Day fall on the last day of the season?

Barcodes up 2-0 at the half, The Arsenal up 1-0 and squandering opportunities as usual.

And a suspicious package at Old Trafford forces that match to be abandoned to a later date. Damn.

And for you guys who don't really care for footie, for supporters of The Arsenal, this is like beating the Gators
and putting them out of MNC contention. The hate is strong between these two clubs and their supporters.

Arsenal should've won the league this year...BUT...that was the greatest St. Totteringham's Day present ever!

Spurs were clearly on vacation the last 2 weeks (once they were officially out of the Title hunt).

Also, cgs to Petr Cech on winning the Golden Gloves award for most clean sheets this campaign.

I have to take a little shot here at you Arsenal fans because, lord knows, you all never pass up a chance to insult us Chelsea supporters' side: You act like it's the biggest deal in the world that you edged out THS for 2nd place when it really doesn't mean a damned thing. A) You didn't win the silverware and B) Who really cares who finishes 2nd or 3rd when it means you both qualify for the CL. Congrats on finishing second, forgodssakes....

Nonsense. I acknowledged in my post that we should've won the league.

What happened yesterday was like watching the gators lose to Georgia Southern all over again. If you can't appreciate why Arsenal fans would be happy about that, I don't know what to tell you.

Arsenal fans aren't celebrating finishing second. We are just taking joy in knowing that Tottenham wanted badly to finish ahead of us but instead got beaten 5-1 by a relegated team that played the last 20 minutes with 10 men.

Reactions: seminoleed
Sevilla wow, again, is that 3 straight europa titles?

Why doesn't Unai Emery get interest from top epl teams amazes me.

A fun FA Cup final; kudos to the Red Devils for overcoming the crowd, Palace's emotions and going a man down to pull it out. Only to see them dump LVG and hire Mourinho. Can't wait to here Manch's take on this. Seems to me like replacing Bobby with Spurrier. My older son, who's loved United since he started playing at age 5, told me today he's looking for another club to support until Jose completes his mandatory 2-3 years and moves on.

And the UNSMNT looked pretty sharp today as well. Yeah, I know, it's only Puerto Rico, but still...

And anyone watch the NYC Derby yesterday? Red Bulls punished NYCFC 7-0. How embarrassing.

A fun FA Cup final; kudos to the Red Devils for overcoming the crowd, Palace's emotions and going a man down to pull it out. Only to see them dump LVG and hire Mourinho. Can't wait to here Manch's take on this. Seems to me like replacing Bobby with Spurrier. My older son, who's loved United since he started playing at age 5, told me today he's looking for another club to support until Jose completes his mandatory 2-3 years and moves on.

And the UNSMNT looked pretty sharp today as well. Yeah, I know, it's only Puerto Rico, but still...

And anyone watch the NYC Derby yesterday? Red Bulls punished NYCFC 7-0. How embarrassing.

Very happy we pulled that out, and also happy LVG got sacked - not necessarily with the timing or how it happened, but apparently he knew earlier in the week. I'm sure he's known for quite some time.

As for Jose, I could not stand him during both of his tours at Chelsea, didn't mind him at Madrid. I'm hoping he's learned from his most recent experience. Wishful thinking. I just really hope the youth movement we had this year doesn't get completely shut down.

He's going to overhaul this Man U whole squad. No way he'll put up w/the youth movement that LVG was on board with.

Should be disarray next year. One more down year for them before they're back in title contention.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT