ADVERTISEMENT

ANOTHER New Footie Thread

That was one of the better games of the season IMO. Both teams showed a willingness to play while still defending. On the broadcast I was watching they said David Luiz got MOTM, I'd have given it to Hazard. He completely changed the tenure of the match once he stepped on the pitch. Eriksson was Spurs' best player IMO.

I too will be supporting Arsenal tomorrow. Reports are the Gabriel Jesus will be making his return tomorrow. One things for sure, there will be no shortage of offense for either side. Question is can either team stiffle the other to get control of the match.

EDIT: Kurt Zouma's (aka Happy) reaction to Matic's goal was priceless.

Reactions: NoleLizards
Chelsea were great when they had to be. All credit to them. I thought Spurs were by far the better team but for the scoring opportunities...which is what matters.

No matter what happens tomorrow, I'm just glad Spurs will end the season w/no trophies and the very hollow "achievement" of not experiencing St. Totteringham's Day.

That was one of the better games of the season IMO. Both teams showed a willingness to play while still defending. On the broadcast I was watching they said David Luiz got MOTM, I'd have given it to Hazard. He completely changed the tenure of the match once he stepped on the pitch. Eriksson was Spurs' best player IMO.

I too will be supporting Arsenal tomorrow. Reports are the Gabriel Jesus will be making his return tomorrow. One things for sure, there will be no shortage of offense for either side. Question is can either team stiffle the other to get control of the match.

EDIT: Kurt Zouma's (aka Happy) reaction to Matic's goal was priceless.

Eriksson is an amazing distributor of the ball...I don't know if there's anyone better in the world right now than he is at doing so.

Eriksen is a great player.

I hate him.

But great player.
Was simply copying the spelling of his name from a previous post, but over the years I've always felt that's what Chelsea has lacked...We've had great defense/goalkeeping and world class strikers, but finding that guy who can get it to the strikers in a prime position to finish has been difficult. Boy, if we could just get someone approaching the abilities of Eriksen...damn.

Come on Arsenal!
Come on Arsenal!

=======================
And it's Arsenal...Arsenal FC...
We're by far the greatest team...the world has ever seen!

=======================
We love you Arsenal, we do.
Oh, Arsenal, we love you!

=======================
Ooh to..
Ooh to be...
Ooh to be a Gooner!

=======================

Come on you, Gunners!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Can't accuse Ozil of being lazy today....He covered a lot of ground.

Stunning comeback! They really were outplayed for most of the match, but never quit.

I don't relish what Chelsea will probably do to us, but hope springs eternal, etc.

COYG!

Stunning comeback! They really were outplayed for most of the match, but never quit.

I don't relish what Chelsea will probably do to us, but hope springs eternal....
I'm not buying it, Lou Holtz. ;) Your Gunners are playing with a sense of urgency in Cup play Chelsea may have trouble matching.

Bm4xgwrCQAA7QVw.jpg

That was one of the best weekends of football that I can remember, and not just b/c of the results. 4 top teams squaring off in the FA Cup Semis, both of which produced some incredible moments and then capped off w/a vintage Messi performance in the El Clasico, on the road.

First Tottenham outplay Chelsea (I thought), but the Blues get the result. Matic's goal...still shaking my head at that.

Then City draw first blood against the new look 3-4-3 formation that AW rolled out before Nacho and Alexis claw back the two goals for the win. On the whole, I thought the match was pretty even. City outplayed the Goons in the first half by a country mile, but the defense in the 2nd half by Holding, Gabriel, and Koscielny (w/the help of a kind crossbar and post) and a phenomenal Cech save, was really quite stellar. Also, I want to gush over Kevin De Bruyne, who for my money, is the best player in the Prem. I know that's a bit controversial, but there isn't any player on any team who the play goes through more than him, and he seems to never make a bad decision. Was super impressed by him (as I always am).

Finally Madrid hacked, kicked, elbowed and literally bloodied Messi, all match long. I told my fiance as we were watching that this was not a good idea. An angry Messi is not someone you want to play against and damn it if he didn't prove that, in spades.

Plus, Atlanta United knocked off Real Salt Lake 3-1 to finish their 4 game road swing with one loss, one win and 2 draws (the loss thanks to a penalty call and straight red; the red was subsequently withdrawn on appeal). Considering their best player (and last month's MLS Player of the Month) was missing for all 4 games, not too shabby for an expansion team. Currently sitting in 4th, with DC United coming to town Sunday for a long awaited home game.
Unite and Conquer!

Derby Day! What color will Manchester be this evening?

Hoping for Red!

By the way, both teams are ailing with loads of injuries. We will be without: Rojo, Zlatan (obviously), Smalling, Jones, and now probably Pogba.

Citeh may have Auguero, Silva and Stones out.

That dive by Aguero was Barcelonaesque.

Hate to discuss refs after a great week of football but it's really out of control in Spain.

Barcelona and their friends in La Liga are about to set some more shady records.
After 34 games, Barcelona are set to become the first team in the history of the big 5 euro leagues, to get called for 0 penalties in a season.

Also, about to set La Liga record for most reds by opposing teams. One stretch this year their opponents got reds in 3 successive matches.

Barcelona already holds CL record for opposing player reds at like 31. Bayern have 20 in a distant second.

Go Everton, make it a title race!

Win today, and a little bit of the stench comes off this season that is The Arsenal. Lose, and the disgrace probably permanently seals Wenger's fate. Ruining Spurs' last derby at White Hart Lane would be sweet.

COYG!!!!!!!!!

Reactions: LesClaypool
Chelsea doing their job, making sure Tottenham has zero trophies to play for this year. Well done.

North London is Red!

Let's knock down White Hart Lane in style today, lads!

COYG!!!!!

Even Atlanta United played like the expansion team they are yesterday. Bummer day for this footie fan.
This Hotpants result is truly concerning; they are on the rise, we are headed the other direction. And Wenger
talking like he's staying. I suspect if he wins the FA Cup he'll stay, so I may have to support Chelsea in that one.

Something's got to give at The Emirates. This can't continue. Changes have to be made.

Looks like a Real Madrid/Juve CL Final...can't complain about that.

Ronny's hat trick followed by Higuain's brace today. Both teams look like they belong in the final.

It's actually quite enjoyable to watch Bonucci and Chielleni play defense. They're the Messi & Ronaldo of CBs.

5185349_img20170420164302148_jpegcd6486328c79c8a211f76fcabbcecac6

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT