ADVERTISEMENT

BRAVES 2017

It's like the Braves have gone from too young with all their trades for the minor league pitchers to old with the free agent signings and later trades.

I don't mind the trades. Braves had Rodriguez for 2nd base, but he gets hurt in a car accident and is gone for the year; so, trade 2 late 20s relievers who are in the minors and fringe pros for a former All-Star who is an area native and will fill the 1 year need at 2nd until Albies is ready. The Kemp trade was a win just by getting rid of Olivera, but Kemp was actually productive. The pitchers signed are all 1 year stop gaps until the minor leaguers are ready in 2018. And if they pitch will, are very valuable assets at teh trade deadline.

As long as the position players in the minors hit and maybe a free agent or two comes on board, this strategy is working for a sustainable and productive stretch that could finally bring a title back.

Reactions: NolesBravesJags
021617%20braves%20photos%20CC9.JPG

Another bad year coming but not as miserable as last year. 2018 we should start to see improvement and the plan coming into place with the minor league talent, hopefully.

Just heard on the radio the Braves won 20 of their last 30 games to end last season. Let's hope they can build off that learning experience.

Reactions: DFSNOLE
Spring Training records mean very little. No lineup is ever the same; players participating in the WBC (like Freeman) aren't playing; and players who have a wet fart get held out of lineups for precaution.

Well if you gonna get your ass kicked, it might as well be on the first punch.

Nice win last night. Hard to believe that Bartolo can be effective at his age and physical condition. He would never be mistaken for a professional athlete if you saw him just walking around town.

Reactions: SoddyNole
Braves placed Matt Kemp on the 10 day DL. Starting early.
Good news bad news here. Good news is no way we play all year at a sub .200 win percentage. Bad news is that it won't be better than .400 I'm afraid.

Whatever works, keep it up!

I think the Padres suck and the excitement of a new stadium will carry them for a bit. I think they will come back down to earth at home and play about .400 ball on the road and finish a .475 team.

Reactions: SoddyNole
I think the Padres suck and the excitement of a new stadium will carry them for a bit. I think they will come back down to earth at home and play about .400 ball on the road and finish a .475 team.

I would hope they would do a little better but do not disagree with your prediction. Having an older team, injuries and hanging on late in the season could be an issue.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT