ADVERTISEMENT

BRAVES 2017

Well let's hope the Braves can continue 'Ol Mo now at home instead of reverting back to struggling. Maybe Toronto is a "cure all"!

I tuned in late last night and missed the 6 run barrage in the 1st inning. I think the 1st inning of tonight's game will be quite interesting after last night! Just hope Tehran doesn't get ejected!

The Braves are 9 games out with Freeman injured. The don't have any games to toss away on idiocy with a team they will most likely not see again this year.

The Braves are 9 games out with Freeman injured. The don't have any games to toss away on idiocy with a team they will most likely not see again this year.
Very true! Freeman's out 8 weeks with a fractured left wrist. If we get a lead and Tehran is out of the game, I can see a reliever getting an order to hit someone though. Not in the head to warrant a suspension, but somewhere else like middle of the back or something.

Reactions: SoddyNole
I just heard the news on FF. He was playing so well you just hate to see that.

I read a post that said the Braves signed Evander Holyfield to a 1 game contract for tonight.;)

LOL. Maybe Snitker can have Michael Buffer turn in his lineup card in pregame.

So Bautista of the .208 Bautista family does a bat flip down 5 after a solo homerun?

Next guy should've wore it

giphy.gif

On a side note, why is Fox not using the pitching box graphic of late?

Good to see them make a move to fill Freddie's spot.

Cards get Minor Leaguer from Braves for Adams
By David Adler / MLB.com | 6:39 PM ET

The Cardinals traded first baseman Matt Adams to the Braves for Minor League infielder Juan Yepez, the teams announced Saturday. Atlanta also received cash considerations in the deal.

Yepez is a 19-year-old prospect who signed with the Braves out of Venezuela in 2014. In 36 games for Class A Rome this season, his third in the Minors, Yepez was hitting .275/.309/.387 over 142 at-bats with a home run, 13 doubles and 15 RBIs.

Along with the trade, the Cardinals also activated outfielder Stephen Piscotty, who had been dealing with a strained right hamstring, from the 10-day disabled list Saturday. Piscotty, who was hurt May 4, played in three games at Triple-A Memphis on his rehab assignment before rejoining the big league club.

Adams gives Atlanta a veteran first-base option with Freddie Freeman expected to miss 10 weeks with a non-displaced fracture of his left wrist. Adams, 28, played over 100 games for St. Louis three times in the last four years, hitting at least 15 home runs and driving in over 50 runs each time.

Adams, in his sixth Major League season, was hitting .292/.340/.396 with one home run and seven RBIs in 31 games for the Cardinals in 2017. But Matt Carpenter has taken over the primary duties at first base this year, and Adams was being used mainly as a pinch-hitter in recent weeks.

"It's tough," Adams said after learning the news. "I have a lot of great relationships with a lot of guys on this team. But looking at it, it's the best thing for my career. I'll be able to go over there and join another great organization and be able to play every day. But I can't thank the Cardinals enough for the opportunities they gave me and the trust they had in me. It was a great run. I'm just happy to be able to get out there and play every day."

Reactions: SoddyNole
Don't look now but the Braves are in 2nd place in the NL East!

Okay, go ahead and look. It probably won't last long.

NL east is the weakest division by a long shot in MLB. But they are 7-3 in the last 10 and that is a very good run so far.

Reactions: DFSNOLE
19 :D
23 :(

They seem to be rallying around losing Freddie. That's a good sign as opposed to feeling sorry for themselves. Snitker has got to keep that fire burning in them so they play pissed off and aggressive!

I heard that on the radio on the way to work. I was sure they were going to call the game which would have resulted in a loss. Adams has been crushing it this week! Teheran needs to end his funk tonight and pitch well.

Just watched the replay during lunch of the last few innings. This is twice I have seen them win with a walk off hit and the players celebrates like they just won the world series. I really like the team chemistry and with some improvements in the starting pitching the Braves could find themselves in contention for years to come.

Adams with another HR today. The Braves bats are really hot today!

ACK! Go to put some wings in the smoker and the game is 11-8.

He pitched so well last year. I don't know how you could trade him.

I would be shocked if he is not sent down/released in the next day or two. Promotions or not they can not have him pitch this Friday. It is getting brutal with the fan base and Friday night, bobbleheads is just asking for trouble.
2016.5.16_arrows.jpg

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT