ADVERTISEMENT

BRAVES 2017

I would be shocked if he is not sent down/released in the next day or two. Promotions or not they can not have him pitch this Friday. It is getting brutal with the fan base and Friday night, bobbleheads is just asking for trouble.
2016.5.16_arrows.jpg

He won't be sent down, he can block that. He'd just be outright released.

How do you play relatively well on the road then come home and lose two to the worst team in the league?

Not only that but I believe we are 1-7 vs them this year. That means a 3rd of their wins this season was vs the Braves.!@##$%%^

That was some seriously aggressive base running on the Dansby single that he turned into a double but he has been watching Ender do that all season. Good aggressive play is contagious.

Now we have Newcomb and Wisler today. Lets hope the rookie can keep his walks down and the Wisler who I call the whistler due to the sound of the ball flying through the air can improve on the mound. I figure as long as FSU wins today all is well in baseball land!

Reactions: DFSNOLE
I watched mostly FSU but did switch over to see the kid pitch and looked great every time I got a glance.

What a game last night! Last out with Harper at the plate and a runner on base. Doesn't get any better. I am sure Chip & Joe Simpson cried all the way to the hotel, seeing their man crush hero get the last out. :D

I have never seen so many damn errors by a pro team in one inning.

/stomps off the bed and kicks the cat on the way.

ESPN is reporting that Freddie may be tried at third base when he comes off the DL. That could be an adventure.

I've seen from Braves writers that he is ok with the idea, and some even mentioned that he suggested it.

Freddie Freeman plans to return from DL as third baseman
3:11 PM CT
  • ESPN.com news services

Freddie Freeman is serious about playing third base, saying that he originally suggested shifting to the hot corner to the Atlanta Braves a few weeks ago.

Braves' Freeman could play 3B upon DL return
The Braves could have a problem when Freddie Freeman returns from the DL, since he and hot-hitting Matt Adams both have primarily played first base in the majors. Atlanta, however, is considering playing Freeman at third base.

Freeman, who has been sidelined for over a month because of a broken wrist, told reporters Wednesday that his "mindset is to return as a third baseman."

Freeman's comments came one day after Braves manager Brian Snitker acknowledged that the organization is considering the move in order to keep hot-hitting first baseman Matt Adams in the lineup regularly.

"I mentioned it and said I'd be willing to move over to third base to accommodate Matt, who's been pretty spectacular for us," Freeman said. "It really happened yesterday when I was walking to the field."

Freeman has not played third base extensively since high school, and has not appeared there professionally since 2007, when he played five games at third base as a 17-year-old in the Rookie Gulf Coast League.

"I said I'm completely on board with it, want to do it," he said. "We got to keep Matt's bat in the lineup, and I'll do anything to win. So this is what we came to."

Freeman took grounders at third base Wednesday and said he "felt pretty good just moving over to the other side of the field."

Freeman, who has played his entire major league career at first base, broke his left wrist on May 17 and was expected to miss 10 weeks, prompting the Braves to acquire Adams in a trade with the St. Louis Cardinals three days later.

Reactions: SoddyNole
Absolutely. I don't recall seeing a lot of improvement with the players under Gonzalez which is vastly different with Snitker. Are the hitting coaches this good? I looked them up and it looks like Kevin Seitzer has bounced around mlb some.

Did you hear them say Freddie's hand was broke in 7 places? Just shows the possible consequences to wearing a pitch. Good to hear he is ahead of schedule and is trying to get back before All Star break. If he can get back to 90+ % of where he was, what a offense this team will have.

Just as the Braves are sniffing .500 (something I didn't think was possible past the second game of the season) they are starting Colon tonight. I was hoping they had given up on that experiment.
37:D
39:(

I am going to go out on a limb here and say Colon did none of those exercises while on the DL.

He has his own special type of workout.
1813854-Evan-Doing-Beer-Curls-0.jpg

11281166-Little-girl-with-a-giant-plate-of-pancakes-a-knife-and-fork-on-a-table-cloth--Stock-Photo.jpg

Last edited:
Wonder if Julio hit the peak of his career about two years ago.

His splits this year are horrible. He has been lights out on the road. He has a 2.89 road era and 7.58 at home. Also, of the qualified pitchers, Garcia leads the team in era with 4.08. Good lord the starting pitching is awful.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT