ADVERTISEMENT

BRAVES 2017

Matt Adams started the game at 1st but experienced dizziness and had to come out. Freeman moved to 1st and Rodriquez entered the game playing 3rd.

Not accurate, Adams started in LF because Kemp is out. Freeman is back at 1B for good it seems. Adams left due to dizziness and Santana moved from 3B to LF and Rodriguez in to 3B.

Also, on Johnson, Snit announced that it is now closer by committee and Johnson is out of that role.

Not accurate, Adams started in LF because Kemp is out. Freeman is back at 1B for good it seems. Adams left due to dizziness and Santana moved from 3B to LF and Rodriguez in to 3B.

Also, on Johnson, Snit announced that it is now closer by committee and Johnson is out of that role.
Thanks for the clarification. Saw the alert and made an assumption.

This brings me to another question. At what point does the new pitching coach Hernandez start taking heat for all this poor pitching?

Braves shortstop Johan Camargo injured while running onto field
7:01 PM CT
  • Associated Press

ATLANTA -- Rookie shortstop Johan Camargo has been pulled out of the Atlanta Braves' lineup after appearing to injure his right knee while jogging onto the field before Tuesday night's game against the Philadelphia Phillies.

Camargo was taking the field when his right knee appeared to lock as he reached down to grab a handful of dirt or touch the chalk on the first-base line. He fell to the ground on the infield grass.

Camargo was unable to put weight on his right leg when leaving the field. He needed assistance from assistant trainer Jim Lovell and third base coach Ron Washington.

Jace Peterson replaced Camargo in the lineup at shortstop. The team had no immediate update on the apparent injury.

Camargo is hitting .292 with three homers and 19 RBIs.

What a year. Teheran throws one a few inches off the dirt and it gets knocked out of the park.

Watching Atlanta's pitching is painful. The team was gutted two year's ago the management knowing full well with a new park they would still have ticket demand. This is not a one or two-year rebuild,

I think you'll see a few pieces in the off season. Won't be a contender next year but should be over .500 I hope. This team is tanking as of late.

I think you'll see a few pieces in the off season. Won't be a contender next year but should be over .500 I hope. This team is tanking as of late.
You know things are not going well when the announcers spend a great deal of time commending one of your batters for determinedly extending his at bat by fouling off a plethora of pitches.

The Braves tried their best to blow another fine outing by R.A. Dickey but just couldn't find a way to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory.
52 :D
63:(
Why do they continue to put Johnson out there? ... gives up a homerun and two singles in the bottom of the eighth.

That's baseball. Over a 162 game schedule, every team will have 4-6 blowout wins and losses every year. Maybe not the Dodgers this year but they are certainly the exception to every norm.
They look like they don't know how to play the game on Wednesday against the Rockies; then hammer the Rockies on Thursday. It is a struggle to remain hopeful for this team. On one play yesterday a foul ball was hit to left field side stands and left-fielder Santana did not move ... the ball was readily catchable, going only into the first row. As it turned out it did not effect the outcome of the inning, but was still baffling.

Last edited:
O Brothers!! Double, hit batter and a walk. Bases loaded .... no outs..... double play ... one run scores ... well, gave up only one run

Last edited by a moderator:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT