ADVERTISEMENT

Baseball Braves 2023

That was one explosive fourth inning!
Indeed. What was crazy about it is that no one from either team had reached base until the start of the inning, and frankly I was being pulled to sleep...And then out of nowhere, 💣💥💣💥💣💥

Another poor outing for Elder ... 2 walks, an error by Olson, 2 home runs. 5-0 after 1 inning.

Giving up 5 in the first tends to take a lot out of a team ... though a 5-run deficit is certainly not insurmountable for this Braves' offense. We had several chances to score ... 9 LOB. ...

Giving up 5 in the first tends to take a lot out of a team ... though a 5-run deficit is certainly not insurmountable for this Braves' offense. We had several chances to score ... 9 LOB. ...
Not to be Negative Nancy, but it's a bit dispiriting to lose when you're starting an All-star and the opponent has their bullpen game. I just thank The Almighty that I don't gamble.

Do you think Morton is back next year? Is he worth the money?
Not sure on the first. Beginning to think no on the second.

If today's scores hold, the Orioles will tie the Braves for the most wins in MLB and be only three back in the loss column for best record. 😥

And oh by the way, if you don't know what an "angry pirate" is, look it up on urbandictionary.com.

What a comeback! D'Arnaud, Pillar, and Arcia all came up huge in the 9th.
Wasn't too optimistic after Olson got caught in the rundown from third ... two out in the ninth. But they pulled it out ... (after a little too much drama from Iglesias in the ninth).

Reactions: CC0492 and DFSNOLE
Max Fried vs a dude with only 19 innings pitched with over an 8 ERA. The Braves need to pound this punk early and often tonight. No mercy with the angry pirates! (and yes, I looked it up!) LOL

Wasn't too optimistic after Olson got caught in the rundown from third ... two out in the ninth. But they pulled it out ... (after a little too much drama from Iglesias in the ninth).
I hope the 9th inning drama isn't becoming a thing with him!

I hope the 9th inning drama isn't becoming a thing with him!
It was again last night! I have to find some distraction for the 9th inning ... too nerve-wracking!

As for Fried ... it looked like a 4-0 lead was more than enough for Max the way he pitched through the first three innings ... then came the 4th inning.

It was again last night! I have to find some distraction for the 9th inning ... too nerve-wracking!

As for Fried ... it looked like a 4-0 lead was more than enough for Max the way he pitched through the first three innings ... then came the 4th inning.
We're overdue for a solid starting pitching performance. Hopefully Elder can regain his juju today.

Reactions: JonScott

Max Fried did his best Charlie Morton impersonation...get a lead and give it right back.

• Sad
Reactions: NoleLizards
I've had about enough of these angry Pirates... They're a pain in my (posterior).

The Braves could really use Playoff Charlie tonight. It'll be interesting to see if the stinkin' mets have mentally checked out being 20.5 GB, or if they'll have some extra motivation playing the against the Braves.

Oh and don't look now, but the lead over the fillies is in the single digits at 9.5. I'd like to see them maintain a double digit game lead until the final stretch starting Sept. 12th when they have the fillies, the fish, and the fillies again back-to-back-to-back. Then 3 with the cubbies again at home.

The Braves could really use Playoff Charlie tonight. It'll be interesting to see if the stinkin' mets have mentally checked out being 20.5 GB, or if they'll have some extra motivation playing the against the Braves.

Oh and don't look now, but the lead over the fillies is in the single digits at 9.5. I'd like to see them maintain a double digit game lead until the final stretch starting Sept. 12th when they have the fillies, the fish, and the fillies again back-to-back-to-back. Then 3 with the cubbies again at home.
The fillies are looking eerily similar to last year's edition. No lead is safe against those guys with that lineup...And their home field advantage once they get into the postseason is formidable.

Reactions: seminoleed
From the AJC:

"The Braves have lost four of six. Their starters' ERA over that stretch is 10.59. They've scored 35 runs in those six games, which reminds us why starting pitching matters. ..."

YIKES!

... "The Braves have won four of eight series since the All-Star break. They're 12-13 since July 8. Their lead in the NL East has shrunk to 9-1/2 games, down from 12-1/2 a week ago. They still have MLB's best record, but Baltimore has drawn within two games. And here we stop our grousing to say …

At least they're not the Mets."

From the AJC:

"The Braves have lost four of six. Their starters' ERA over that stretch is 10.59. They've scored 35 runs in those six games, which reminds us why starting pitching matters. ..."

YIKES!

... "The Braves have won four of eight series since the All-Star break. They're 12-13 since July 8. Their lead in the NL East has shrunk to 9-1/2 games, down from 12-1/2 a week ago. They still have MLB's best record, but Baltimore has drawn within two games. And here we stop our grousing to say …

At least they're not the Mets."
Speaking of starting pitching, Philly picked up Michael Lorenzen at the trade deadline and he just threw a no hitter!

I'd understand AA standing pat if the Braves' starters were performing well, but based on the numbers they obviously aren't.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT