ADVERTISEMENT

GoT Season 8 (spoilers)

Seems like I recall drone footage of the Winterfell set being completely destroyed. People were speculating that it was during the battle with the Night King. Wondering if Dany takes flight and destroys it.

I’ve heard a spoiler from a ‘credible’ source but I think it’s a ploy. HBO leaked episode 5 because nobody would have believed it. Now, that source is looking legit. People are pointing out how accurate they were. Everyone believes it. Now, they’re using that to put out a lot of false information about the ending.

I also think there’s too much money to be made. Just because GOT is ending… it doesn’t mean that several of the characters won’t be back for additional spinoffs in the near future. I got the impression that a lot of the stars of the show made production harder. I wish Hollywood would yank unreasonable actors and replace them with a new one. It would stink, but I’d get over it—quickly! Actually, I’d prefer it to crappy writing and shorter seasons.
The writers/producers should be ashamed of themselves. What kind of dogs shit pathetic ending was that?
Disney should fire them immediately from the Star Wars series.

Okay, after taking a few minutes and walking away… the very ‘stark’ ending seems like someone is laying the foundation for a new series with some of the old characters. I know it’s not the prequel they’re doing now, but I’d bet they have something in the works. So, I’m going to view it as the intermission.

Okay, after taking a few minutes and walking away… the very ‘stark’ ending seems like someone is laying the foundation for a new series with some of the old characters. I know it’s not the prequel they’re doing now, but I’d bet they have something in the works. So, I’m going to view it as the intermission.
There is no sugarcoating this disaster. I still can’t believe how bad this ending was.

No matter how it ended......some people are going to be unhappy. I think it could have been better but it wasn't that bad.
I am glad some people liked Game of Thrones ending like a My Little Pony story. Lets all live happily ever after...YAY!!!!!!
20+ years of epic story telling down the drain.

I guess I didn't hate it. I'm fine with most of the characters fates but didn't like Jon's...
I agree, sure the episode could have been 9 minutes long but Sansa, Bran and Arya all make sense at end.
Snow rebuilding the knights watch, nice reward form saving civilization again. Stupid. Id have liked to just see him go north of free will and not work on the wall.
Unanswered questions are where the season and finale made a mess of things. Or just ignored them.

Not sure what everyone really expected. It wasn’t great but it made sense. It was just kind of boring but a lot of series finales are.

Reactions: rulli4fsu
I agree, sure the episode could have been 9 minutes long but Sansa, Bran and Arya all make sense at end.
Snow rebuilding the knights watch, nice reward form saving civilization again. Stupid. Id have liked to just see him go north of free will and not work on the wall.
Unanswered questions are where the season and finale made a mess of things. Or just ignored them.
I actually think he might be heading north-north. What's the point of the night's watch at this point anyways? The army of the dead is decisively eliminated and they are now friends with the free-folk... so...yea... Go have fun on the pointless wall Jon? Thanks for saving us again?

I disagree, Lost is miles worse as a finale. The worst finale in history and I cannot see that ever topped.
Lost was the worst because the original producers left after season 2 and the story lines shifted. But even with that, the ending was junk

I predicted Jon was gonna been the one to kill Danni. This season was crammed into 6 episodes, could've done at least 8. Oh well now I'm ready for season 2 of Yellowstone and season 3 of snowfall.

Not sure what everyone really expected. It wasn’t great but it made sense. It was just kind of boring but a lot of series finales are.
I’ve had time to sleep on it and I think it actually played out fairly well. This season definitely felt rushed and could’ve used at least two more episodes in my opinion. The Starks live. Bright minds on the small council who will no doubt take care of the people. Jon got crapped on but the last scene basically shows he is free to live and roam with Tormund and the Wildlings hence the gate closing on them. There’s nothing to defend and nobody is gonna go up there to check on him. Definitely see the probability of spin offs.

One of the worst character arcs has to be Bronn. We went from liking him most of the show, to him threatening to murder both of his friends in his only other appearance in the season, and then he's on the small council...

Reactions: nynole1
One of the worst character arcs has to be Bronn. We went from liking him most of the show, to him threatening to murder both of his friends in his only other appearance in the season, and then he's on the small council...
Yeah that was pretty bad. Most of the characters story arcs were bad though.
Jaime's was ridiculous, Jon's was laughable, Samwell's was stupid, Greyworm's was pathetic, Dany's was a good idea poorly executed, Tyrions outcome was boring to name a few.

Sansa and Brienne were pretty good. Arya was ok.

Bran has still done nothing but hey he had a good story (4th best in his family) lets make him king!

I actually think he might be heading north-north. What's the point of the night's watch at this point anyways? The army of the dead is decisively eliminated and they are now friends with the free-folk... so...yea... Go have fun on the pointless wall Jon? Thanks for saving us again?
Interesting ill have to watch again. I assumed he was just helping relocate some wildlings before returning to wall.

The writers must have said, "Let's pick the single character fans care least about and make him King to see how they react." I understand their reasons for doing it. Bran was, perhaps, the only choice that would been palatable to the various houses. Jon was not gonna work after he killed his aunt/lover.

Didnt make sense to me at all. Bran was never developed in any way to suggest he’d be a good leader.

I don't know why John just didn't walk out of the room where he killed Dani and just say, "I can't find her, where did she and the dragon go?" Then when people can't find her or the dragon, they just assume she flew off and he becomes king by default.

At first I thought that John was going to hop on the dragon and just fly out over the armies on the dragon and tell them that he was indeed the rightful heir to the thrown. But alas we got the horse crap ending we got.

Didnt make sense to me at all. Bran was never developed in any way to suggest he’d be a good leader.

I would say this is fairly common in a system that puts people in power based on birthright?

I would say this is fairly common in a system that puts people in power based on birthright?
But they were trying to get away from that. They were choosing among nobles but still supposed to be picking a leader good for everyone. To make sense to viewers Bran needed to be developed very differently.

I don't know why John just didn't walk out of the room where he killed Dani and just say, "I can't find her, where did she and the dragon go?" Then when people can't find her or the dragon, they just assume she flew off and he becomes king by default.

At first I thought that John was going to hop on the dragon and just fly out over the armies on the dragon and tell them that he was indeed the rightful heir to the thrown. But alas we got the horse crap ending we got.
Really? Not saying that wouldn't have been cool but it would have been SO FAR OUT OF CHARACTER that people would be complaining way more than they are about what we got.

But they were trying to get away from that. They were choosing among nobles but still supposed to be picking a leader good for everyone. To make sense to viewers Bran needed to be developed very differently.

Isn't it ironic...

don't you think?

I think it’s awful writing :)

Pretty much lol.

I enjoyed this show for a long time. There were a few ups and downs along the way. I'm glad they ended the series with people still caring about the story line and the characters. The wife and I had a routine for years of walking the Walking Dead Sunday evenings. Then one day both of us realized we hadn't really cared about anything relating to the show for a very long while and were just watching out of habit.

GOT had some silliness at the end but I'm ok with Arya not being the least bit interested in playing the game setting out to traveling the world. I thought Jon herding the Wildlings back home where I suspect he would live out his life as a free folk was a nice touch and where I suspected he would end up. Sansa was badly abused through much of the show and even though she wasn't one of my favorite characters I suppose she deserved something good to happen. Tyrion oddly enough ended up like his father as the "shadow ruler" of the kingdoms. Bran is too aloof to actually handle ruling and wasn't involved in much of the story. But the Imp who wanted to hide in the shadows and drink his sorrows away is faced is burdened with running everything. The person that was looking forward to facing oblivion is not only playing the game, he is the game.

There is no doubt the show could have ended in a much darker direction but sometimes good things do happen which feels oddly strange in this world.

Reactions: FSUBigALNoles#1
Some of it could work. They just seem to do it all in the stupidest ways. Jon living out his life ranging the north would be his dream. I could live with that, but the idea that his ONLY relevant part to the story line was that he could get close to Dany to kill her, that’s just garbage. Hell even with that as goal the whole R+L=J thing is literally irrelevant.

Grey Worm seemed all about killing - It did not make sense that he would have refrained.

Exactly! I've thought and thought about it and now have a theory:

Even though he snapped when Missandei was beheaded and wanted his revenge... I think he realized that his war was NOT over after Dany gave her "conquer the entire world and bring peace and freedom" speech. And as much as he loved his queen... this was not something that he wanted to do. He wanted to get her the throne and leave. Go and fulfill the dream that he and Missandei discussed while in The North.

He came to realize that the iron throne wasn't enough for Dany... it would never be enough. And it was more than he had signed on for.

Grey Worm wanted to kill John, but he knew there was a good chance that he and his men would die in Kings Landing if he did. The Northern Armies were there. The Knights of the Vale... they would endure heavy damage if they tried to wage war against them. Plus, they were in a very untenable position in a foreign land.

As angry and hateful as he became over Missandei dying... I think there was still a lot of heart and humanity hidden under the cold automaton exterior. And that part of him didn't want to die in Kings Landing. He wanted to see where Missandei came from and take care of her people. Because her people were his people. Not the people of Kings Landing and Westeros.

The TV show was fine. It was never going to be as good as the books. And when it out ran the books, it went haywire. No on Bran and no on how Jon used Dany's love for him to kill her. He's going to live a life of perpetual guilt based on a 3 min conversation. You saw it on his face "weeks" later he was still torn up about it. And no he didn't join the Night's Watch. I'll never believe one exists anymore. he's going to find another red-headed wildling and make many babies. He's going to have to get used to sour goat's milk, but he'll adapt.

If you read the books and are waiting for the last two installments, you will be happy. Take the show for what it was with the constraints it had.

Like Jon said, show some mercy. o_O

Exactly! I've thought and thought about it and now have a theory:

Even though he snapped when Missandei was beheaded and wanted his revenge... I think he realized that his war was NOT over after Dany gave her "conquer the entire world and bring peace and freedom" speech. And as much as he loved his queen... this was not something that he wanted to do. He wanted to get her the throne and leave. Go and fulfill the dream that he and Missandei discussed while in The North.

He came to realize that the iron throne wasn't enough for Dany... it would never be enough. And it was more than he had signed on for.

Grey Worm wanted to kill John, but he knew there was a good chance that he and his men would die in Kings Landing if he did. The Northern Armies were there. The Knights of the Vale... they would endure heavy damage if they tried to wage war against them. Plus, they were in a very untenable position in a foreign land.

As angry and hateful as he became over Missandei dying... I think there was still a lot of heart and humanity hidden under the cold automaton exterior. And that part of him didn't want to die in Kings Landing. He wanted to see where Missandei came from and take care of her people. Because her people were his people. Not the people of Kings Landing and Westeros.

I know you are trying to rationalize this because you cant believe how stupid it was, but I have to agree with your original assessment. Grey Worm literally had nothing to live for. He was completely bloodthirsty after the death of Missandre(sp) as evidenced by the throat slitting of captured soldiers. He said it was under order of Dany, but you are telling me he would let the murderer of his queen go unanswered. No friggin chance. He would have tried to kill Jon at all costs, even if it meant the death of his entire army. On top of that, he tells Tyrion not to talk, Tyrion ignores him and went on giving his speech. They completely cut the balls off of the Grey Worm character(figuratively this time), absolutely unbelievable outcome.

Agree with others who said the Bran king moment was crappy. They had ample opportunity to develop him over the seasons, but anything to that end was mystical. Remember when he said: "I am no longer Bran, I am the three-eyed Raven"? Well, I guess he is Bran again now...wut? I really didnt care who ended up on the throne, but that was just stupid.

I did think the endings for Sansa and Arya were good ones, Starks did ok after all lol

One more thing. Why the F did Drogon melt the throne? Are we supposed to believe that he was able to understand that the Iron Throne was the cause of everything, including his mother's death? Utterly ridiculous and indefensible. Go ahead and tell me how clever and symbolic that was. Just crap writing.

How did Dany and Jon control the dragons in this show? I don't recall that ever being explained.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT