ADVERTISEMENT

Mayweather vs Mcgregor

I was watching a replay of the "full" press conference in Toronto just now. They have Drake come out and introduce the guys, then as he finishes, The Warchant plays?!?!? Its about 1 min into the video. Anyone have any clue how it is related to either of these guys or anything involved? NSFW language obviously if you go find the clip, its from Global news, and one of the first couple youtube results. I don't think I can link to language..and i didn't watch past the initial stare down trash talk, so can't comment on anything past that.
I saw that and thought that was pretty cool. Not sure anything specific to FSU other than just bad to the bone tune preparing for war.

Reactions: FSUBigALNoles#1
Imo-Mac looked genuinely pissed/irritated at tonight's show. Other than the outfit, I didn't think he brought much.

I was watching a replay of the "full" press conference in Toronto just now. They have Drake come out and introduce the guys, then as he finishes, The Warchant plays?!?!? Its about 1 min into the video. Anyone have any clue how it is related to either of these guys or anything involved? NSFW language obviously if you go find the clip, its from Global news, and one of the first couple youtube results. I don't think I can link to language..and i didn't watch past the initial stare down trash talk, so can't comment on anything past that.

Drake's a fan (of the ladies).

Drake's Intro

B9321553111Z.1_20160401001317_000_GRGDTSDIS.1-0.jpg

“Florida is Florida,” said Drake in an interview with Complex. “South Beach is the epicenter, but when I played that show in Tallahassee back in 2012, the energy was so real. I knew I had to come back. Florida State has always been my favorite school.”

drake-lit-nightclub-tallahassee.png

c351c837596627cff38b974136d8f0a0.jpg

Last edited:
That Toronto press conference was the absolute dumbest thing I've ever watched on television.

Last edited by a moderator:
That Toronto press conference was the absolute dumbest thing I've ever watched on television.
I'll refer to my early post that this is nothing but the movie Great White Hype in reality. Didn't take them long to turn to the race card to promote the fight.

Some of the stupidity around this sneaks into my boxing follows occasionally...

Ticket sales unexpectedly soft (probably because of stupid ticket prices):
http://www.espn.com/boxing/story/_/...ailable-floyd-mayweather-conor-mcgregor-fight

McGregor loses his one legit boxing sparring partner three weeks out. This is hilarious...apparently McGregor pushed Paulie Malignaggi down in sparring, and then tweeted a photo implying he'd knocked him out. Malignaggi didn't appreciated that and demanded they post the sparring session, in which he claims to have dominated McGregor over 12. They haven't even posted video of the "knockdown" of course.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Ghostie <a href="https://t.co/ViSNzrWV0J">pic.twitter.com/ViSNzrWV0J</a></p>&mdash; Conor McGregor News (@ConormcGregor5) <a href="

I actually find the first picture hilarious...I can't figure out what on earth is happening in that picture, in which McGregor would be ten inches off the ground.

https://www.bloodyelbow.com/2017/8/...malignaggi-sparring-video-ufc-mma-boxing-news

Malignaggi is a smart guy that really, really knows his boxing. And on Showtime commentary, he comes off as a classy, intelligent guy. I imagine he ended up in the McGregor camp through that Showtime/Mayweather/Haymon relationship...but make no mistake Malignaggi is a total loose cannon, who will say anything he wants like he DGAF. McGregor may not have known that Malignaggi is not a guy to f--- with when it comes to stuff like that.

By the way...the ref in that picture is Joe Cortez...a known Mayweather buddy. I'm pretty sure that Malignaggi ended up in McGregor's camp through the machinations of Mayweather advisor Al Haymon's Showtime relationship (to try to provide credibility), and McGregor hires "Mayweather's ref" Joe Cortez to teach him the rules of boxing.

Just in case there was any doubt that this entire thing is a sham. The only question is whether they let the whole thing play out as the slaughter it will be, or if they've got some WWE-style finish involved with Connor McGregor taking down Mayweather for the DQ.

Reactions: peezy28
Might as well revive this thread. First, who's paying the PPV fee to watch at home? Secondly, over under on rounds before KO or TKO of McGregor? And thirdly, does using 8 oz. vs. 10 oz. gloves impact the out come of this massacre either way?

Might as well revive this thread. First, who's paying the PPV fee to watch at home? Secondly, over under on rounds before KO or TKO of McGregor? And thirdly, does using 8 oz. vs. 10 oz. gloves impact the out come of this massacre either way?
Not watching.

Only interested in hearing after the fact that woman-beater Mayweather somehow gets hurt in this "fight," but I'm not holding my breath.

1. Not I
2. I think it'll go longer than most expect. The interest in the fight is already well below what the promoters hoped. I think people will be really pissed with a quick ending unless it's Mayweather getting KO'd.
3. Mayweather has used 8oz gloves most of his career so it's not a big deal for him. I'm not sure how it'll affect CM but you knew Mayweather would never have agreed to the 4oz version used in MMA.

Reactions: BarryB1081
Will not pay money to see it. Really not too interested in watching it at all.

McGregor loses. My guess is either by decision or TKO in about the 8th round from being a bloody mess from MAyweather counter punching and just having much much faster hands.

Glove size wouldn't matter as far as the end result. Mayweather wins. It is in a boxing ring. If MMA in the octagon, McGregor would crush him in the first round by knockout (due to kicks and knees and everything else allowed not just punches) or submission.

Glove size wouldn't matter as far as the end result. Mayweather wins. It is in a boxing ring. If MMA in the octagon, McGregor would crush him in the first round by knockout (due to kicks and knees and everything else allowed not just punches) or submission.
Which is why Mayweather should receive no accolades from winning or McGregor any shame losing.

Reactions: West Duval Nole
Which is why Mayweather should receive no accolades from winning or McGregor any shame losing.
I don't think either of them cares who wins or loses the fight. They can both buy small countries once this charade is over.

The only losers are the suckers who pay for this nonsense...especially the maroons who pay $5,000+ for tickets to the fight itself.

Mayweather's entire career has been a money grab. That's why he's avoided fighting any of the top fighters in their prime.
That to me is the biggest tarnish on his reputation as a boxer. And honestly I am not sure he wouldn't have beat them anyways but sure would like to have seen him fight De La Hoya, Sugar Shane and Pacman in their primes. I think those 3 stood the best shot of beating him had he fought them in their primes. While I am not a huge fan of his style of boxing, he is no doubt to me one of the best within the context of the rules to winning. That being said, I hate the dude and hope he loses every match. I am just not willing to pay to watch a lame attempt at it.

Last edited:
Reactions: DFSNOLE
1. I will be watching on Kodi (that is if I am not too tired as I may not be interested in staying up to 1230AM after a football Saturday to watch this and that comes from a big boxing fan).
2. The fight is scheduled for 10. If it goes past 8 (Floyd will probably be winning all rounds by then) I am not sure Floyd will attempt to KO in 9 or 10 unless CM has enough skill and energy to push him to so for me it will have to be 7
3. No I think that was all apart of the plot to get people to think CM has more of a chance when its probably the opposite.. floyd will get more power out of his punches with smaller gloves... The flip side of that is Floyds hands break easily and he could suffer a broken bone again... But this could also mean him going for a quicker KO if possible.

The smaller gloves just means McGregor will quit sooner. They'll have no benefit for McGregor as he won't land any punches.

They won't be getting my money. McGregor will be gassed and quit by six. I don't know if he'll actually quit quit, or if he'll be "knocked out" by a body shot, or "suffer an injury." I think he'll be done and gassed after three, and spend the following rounds looking for a way out.

However, I don't discount the possibility that Mayweather could just TKO him with a bad beating within a few rounds, but that's not really his style.

Reactions: peezy28

My wife decided to go on a girls trip to the river, so I might purchase it on PPV. Not much else going on that weekend and it's only a c-note.

Reactions: FSUTribe76
I am glad there are some real boxing fans in here. Everywhere I look folk are buying into this sham and that Conner somehow is going to learn enough "boxing" skills to beat a guy who could not be beat by any other trained boxer... No one would give Floyd a chance in the Octagon as is you should not assume Connor will fair well in the 4 corners.

I'm cooking a pig at my buddies house got a 50lb suckling in the freezer. He's doing a brisket. We are doing an Orphan Barrel Bourbon flight. Have a bottle of 25, 20, and 23.

I don't care to much who wins. Maybe they will both die of brain hemorrhage

ESPN the mag had some great articles on fighting this month. Walter Mosleys take on boxing is well worth the price of that issue.

McGregor will win folks.

Doesn't mean that Mayweather isn't better than McGregor; this is clearly an opportunity for the flood gates to open for more crossover fights.

And McGregor is faster and stronger...just sayin!

Reactions: FSUTribe76
If McGregor doesn't land a punch all fight and quits on the stool or takes an easy way out, this could get really bad for MMA. Jon Jones just got popped again for steroids, leaving McGregor as basically the only money-maker remaining.

The last press conference is on right now. It's quite lackluster.

Apart from having zero command of the English language, Mayweather is just thanking everyone. No smack talk at all.

I only caught the end of McGregor's portion, but he was pretty reserved too.

They're taking questions now...

If McGregor doesn't land a punch all fight and quits on the stool or takes an easy way out, this could get really bad for MMA. Jon Jones just got popped again for steroids, leaving McGregor as basically the only money-maker remaining.

I don't understand that line of thinking at all, but I can't speak for UFC fans I guess.

It shouldn't be any different than Emmitt Smith having a bad showing on Dancing with the Stars, or Drew Brees getting drubbed on celebrity jeopardy or something.

I mean, I know it's different based on the profile of the thing, but it's bizarre to me that UFC folks would turn on the guy for losing badly in another sport. If their appreciation of their fighters is based on the premise that they could beat the best athletes in other sports in their sports, that's an absurd fantasy (as it would be for any fans of any sport).

It's fixed. They start negotiating a rematch the next day, or it's already been done.
Nothing more than a scam to separate suckers from their money.

:D

I think this is the case if Mayweather can set aside his ego. Why settle for one huge payday when you can have two?

ADVERTISEMENT