ADVERTISEMENT

New Footie Thread - Sept 2019

Got tix today to the Arsenal/Southampton match on November 23rd!

giphy.gif

Lucky you! COYG!!
I'm actually really excited for the match today since Emery seems to start the A-Team in Europa matches while fielding subpar sides in the Premier League ones.

Pumped to hopefully see Tierney, Bellerin, Holding & Torreira get some minutes today!

That is awesome, LOL!

Poor Gunnersaurus is stuck smelling Xhaka's jersey.

As if things aren't bad enough, now this:

https://www.espn.com/soccer/arsenal...rinho-open-to-replacing-unai-emery-at-arsenal

I've been a dedicated Gooner for decades, but if this happened, I'd be finding a new team in the league to support. It would be like Spurrier being hired to replace Taggart.
It won't happen. It's just fodder. And Arsenal isn't being quoted as interested.

But I'm with you, as are virtually all of the Arsenal supporters. If this happened, I wouldn't support them again until he left.

Reactions: nole31906
I agree. I know the end isn't here yet, but at this point it should be near. My question is, who replaces him?
Freddie for now.

Big picture? I don't know. I hear Allegri's name a lot. Not sure he's the right fit though in England.

I think it's do or die for Emery tomorrow.

Win, and he buys himself a few more weeks.

Lose, especially if it's like a 3-0 or 4-1 blowout, and I think he's gone by Sunday.

I think he’s earned enough to be fired. He’s proven he can’t get the job done.

Reactions: LesClaypool
Like Taggart, he inherited a mess. Like Taggart, he won't be allowed enough time to show anything. And we'll go find another less than stellar hire who won't pan out, either. My fear is Wenger is the only one willing to take the job.

Like Taggart, he inherited a mess. Like Taggart, he won't be allowed enough time to show anything. And we'll go find another less than stellar hire who won't pan out, either. My fear is Wenger is the only one willing to take the job.
Really? I don’t see it that way at all. Arsenal is a genuinely top-flight job. There will be no shortage of good candidates, Luis Enrique already being mentioned.

Really? I don’t see it that way at all. Arsenal is a genuinely top-flight job. There will be no shortage of good candidates, Luis Enrique already being mentioned.

And immediately poo-poo'd by ownership. We has supporters have to understand that we're no longer an elite side, and have some work to do. Firing coaches every year isn't work.

Spurs fire Pochettino. Morons. I wish Arsenal would hire him.

I actually forgot we had a match today. Can't believe it. It's gotten that bad. I totally forgot.

Hope the boys can snap out of it today.

Reactions: nole31906
TIm's Back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Welcome home, stranger. How are things? Concerns about Bayern?

Living the dream! LOL I think the BuLi race is so wide open this season. Finally there's a title race again and so many other sides involved not just FCB and bvb! Anytime you change a coach in the mid season it is rough. Add to that the fact that we have BOTH of our starting central defenders out to injury makes it rough. We are perfect(So far lol) in the CL though and no other side can make that claim. I do like Hansi Flick and hope we keep him around until the summer. Players seem to have responded to him since Niko left. Just need to find the goal scoring boots again. I've watched the Gunners from afar. Just cannot seem to get the right mix of players/coach nowadays it seems...

Sigh, can it get any worse for The Arsenal? What a horrible performance today. Heard them say on the telecast that some old codger who's been going to the games since 1951 said this is the worst Gunners team he can remember! :mad::mad::mad:

Sigh, can it get any worse for The Arsenal? What a horrible performance today. Heard them say on the telecast that some old codger who's been going to the games since 1951 said this is the worst Gunners team he can remember! :mad::mad::mad:

I actually missed the kickoff and turned it on at 1:00 and saw City counter and score.

Oh, and I don't think Marteta is the answer for The Arsenal, but he might have been the best available at this time.

I feel ya on Arteta. Just don't know what other available option there were to be honest. I must say I only watch the Prem from afar for a long time.

Yeah, the effort was there yesterday, but....this is going to be a long rebuild for The Arsenal. They need to quit talking about making it back to Europe and start thinking about not getting relegated, and I'm not kidding. This team is fragile, and could collapse horribly before this season is over.

Reactions: warriortim
ADVERTISEMENT