ADVERTISEMENT

Now Cat 4 Michael

Mexico Beach is destroyed. PC proper and Lynn Haven got hammered. PCB for the most part dodged a bullet. The east side of PCB in areas of Bay Point and Thomas Dr took heavy wind damage. Heard reports that a train was blown off the tracks onto 231. Many schools damaged. Really sobering watching some of the videos.

42773293_1718389801620732_7658840182630304417_n.jpg

Power went out around 3pm for us off Pedrick.
Drove to my parents around 10pm for a shower as they still had power in Weems. They sit pretty close to a large substation.
Buck Lake rd was blocked by a cop east of Pedrick when I left, but he was gone when I came back home.
Yard covered in twigs and branches but nothing serious for us so far.

The Weather Channel is showing live shots of Doak, with the lights on! I wonder if the fact that this storm moved quickly was key to avoiding even more damage.
I am relieved that Tally is still there and so, so sad looking at the videos from Mexico Beach and Panama City.

Reactions: Imtotallynottribe
Glad there hs only been 1 confirmed death. Unfortunately I think that will change as the clean up begins. These pictures are heartbreaking.

Bezos certainly does.

HuuPQFZ_d.jpg
I flew back from Tampa last night without any issues, save for a little turbulence. Our flight time was about 10 minutes longer than scheduled, which I attributed to a slightly altered flight path.

UF put up this contraption, thinking it would survive a direct hit from a major hurricane. I guess that's why they are the Harvard of the South

so basically these goater boneheads were like, "hey let's put a giant metal projectile in the path of the hurricane and see what happens."

they're lucky it didn't impale someone. freaking goaters :/

UF put up this contraption, thinking it would survive a direct hit from a major hurricane. I guess that's why they are the Harvard of the South

What they're not admitting publicly is the fact that the contraption was supposed to launch 10 million love bug larvae into the eye, but the zip-lock bag containing them was ripped open once the winds reached 30 mph.

It's heartbreaking seeing pictures and videos from friends back home. Can't get up with hardly anyone because of the cell towers being down.

Do know that my parents house had minimal damage. My Grandma lost her shed but house is intact. Lot's of videos of friends losing roofs, carports, etc... Bristol/Blountstown looks like a warzone.

My cousin probably got it the worst of the family. One tree fell through the garage and one on her roof.

Blountstown High's football stadium is destroyed.

But luckily no one injured as far as a I know.

Last edited:
Nephew was able to walk to a friends house and use their landline last night. He got lucky and his unit and car came out ok but here are some pictures of other units in his complex.

Michael%201_zpsugyujdeu.png

Michael%203_zpsjzs47btf.jpg

Michael%202_zpsqrrzfy62.jpg

Michael%202_zpsqrrzfy62.jpg

Near by Hospital

Michael%205_zpsfi1wyqdl.jpg

This map is hard to read, but it appears to be a lot of town. https://outagemap.talgov.com/

Many/most of the people I know in town are without power.

We were very lucky in our neighborhood. Power flickered for hours, but never went out.
The number I saw is 95% for Leon County. Southwood has buried utilities, which likely prevented outages. My in-laws in Monticello only lost power for a few hours.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT